Railway Current Affairs
Current Affairs is considers as best resource to get information all recent updates. Railway Current Affairs has been well structured on this page. Candidates who are preparing for the upcoming Indian railway exams must go through the Railways Recent Updates/News. Indian Railways Current Affairs include all issues happening recently announcement by the Government of India. Competitors also look at the questions answers/ Railway Quiz which is generally asks in railway exams.
Indian Railways, a state-owned national railway system which is run by Ministry of Railways. IR is the fourth largest railway network across the globe, having over than 1.33143 million employees as well as 1.33143 million employees. Aspirants preparing for the RRB exam must check the Railway Current Affairs 2018 which is well presented on this page by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
The Railway examination authority conducts the Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination for appointment of deserving candidate on the basis of their skills for various posts like Group ‘A’ and ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’ including Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others. Indian Railways questions and answers might help you in preparation for competitive exams to score well in the section of current affairs.
Railway Current Affairs
Railway Latest News/Highlights
Indian Railway Current Affairs Recent Updates Highlights In English:
- Union Cabinet approves establishing India’s first National Rail and Transportation University.
- Passengers can now book Rail Tickets from counters through UPI/BHIM App Payment System
- Railways Ministry launches comprehensive training programme ‘Project Saksham’
- Indian Railways to get its first set of solar plants
- Service charge exemption on train e-tickets extended till March 2018
- Indian Railways to work with ISRO to devise safety mechanisms for rail network
- Government announces key Decisions for transforming Indian Railway
- Ashwani Lohani appointed as Chairman of Railway Board
- Suresh Prabhu: MAHSR sanctioned for implementation with financial assistance from Japan
- IRCTC to install 1100 water vending machines at 450 stations
- Railways Minister dedicates country’s first solar powered DEMU train to nation
- Habibganj Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station
- Railway Minister inaugurated free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations
- Indian Railways to install CCTV cameras at over 900 stations under Nirbhaya fund
- Union Cabinet approves cooperation between Indian and Japan on Railway Safety
- B N Mohapatra takes over as Financial Commissioner of Railways
- Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry released
Start Online Test here: Railway Quiz
Railway Current Affairs/News Highlights In Hindi
- ‘स्वर्ण परियोजना’ के तहत यात्री सुविधाओं से लैस भारतीय रेलवे की नई ट्रेन आरंभ
- प्रत्येक ट्रेन में ऑक्सीजन सिलिंडर रखना अनिवार्य: सुप्रीम कोर्ट
- दिल्ली-मुंबई रूट पर विशेष राजधानी ट्रेन आरंभ की गयी
- रेलों की गति बढ़ाने हेतु भारत और जर्मन रेलवे ने संयुक्त घोषणा पत्र पर हस्ताक्षर किए
- ट्रेन ई-टिकट पर मार्च 2018 तक सर्विस चार्ज नहीं: रेलवे
- रेल मंत्री पीयूष गोयल ने भारतीय रेलवे में व्यापक बदलाव हेतु महत्वपूर्ण निर्णयों की घोषणा की
- पर्यटन मंत्रालय द्वारा वित्तपोषित दूसरा विस्टाडोम कोच रेलवे में शामिल
- भारत को पहला उच्च क्षमता वाला रेल इंजन प्राप्त हुआ
- भारतीय रेलवे ने एम-आधार को पहचान पत्र का दर्जा प्रदान किया
- भारतीय रेलवे ने स्विट्जरलैंड के साथ दो समझौता ज्ञापनों पर हस्ताक्षर किए
- भारतीय रेल ने यात्री सुविधाओं हेतु सारथी एप लॉन्च किया
- केंद्रीय मंत्रिमंडल ने वड़ोदरा में भारत के पहले राष्ट्रीय रेल तथा परिवहन विश्वविद्यालय की स्थापना को मंजूरी दी
- लेह में विश्व के सबसे ऊंचे रेल ट्रैक के निर्माण के लिए सर्वेक्षण शुरू
- नीति आयोग ने दिल्ली से हावड़ा और मुंबई रूट पर ट्रेन की 160 किमी की रफ्तार को स्वीकृति दी
- हबीबगंज रेलवे स्टेशन भारत का पहला निजी रेलवे स्टेशन बना
- भारतीय रेलवे निर्भया फंड के तहत 900 से अधिक रेलवे स्टेशनों पर सीसीटीवी कैमरे लगाएगा
Read Out: Railway Exam Preparation Tips
Indian Railways GK Quiz
GK Questions Answers for Indian Railways Exams
Question-1) When was the first train steamed off in India?
Question-2) Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
Question-3) Which train in India has the longest route length?
- Howrah – Jammu Tawi Himgiri Express
- Kanyakumari – Jammu Tawi Himsagar Express
- Kanyakumari – Dibrugarh Vivek Express
- Guwahati-Thiruvanthapuram Express
Question-4) Where is the Railway Staff College located?
Question-5) On which of the following is the longest railway bridge in India located?
- River Ganges
- Vembanad Lake
- River Brahmaputra
- Chilka Lake
Download From here: Railway Exam Question Papers
Question-6) In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?
- New Delhi
Question-7) Who of the following is known for having designed the first railway timetables?
- George Bradman
- George Bernard Shaw
- George Bradshaw
- George Brummel
Question-8) Which of the following is the largest railway junction in India?
Question-9) Which of the following is the eastern-most division of the Indian Railways?
Question-10) Over which of the following rivers is the world’s highest railway bridge in Kashmir being constructed?
Check Out: Railway Exam Pattern
Question-11) What is the rank of India in the world in terms of length of railroad network?
Question-12) Which of the following ran the first train from Bori Bunder to Thane in 1853?
- Bombay Baroda Railway
- The Scindia Railway
- Central India Railway
- Great Indian Peninsula Railway
Question-13) The Maitree Express connects India with which of the following countries?
Question-14) Which of the following is the largest zone in terms of route kilometers?
- Western Railways
- Eastern Railways
- Northern Railways
- Southern Railways
Question-15) Which of the following is the largest marshalling yard in India (also the longest in Asia)?
Read in Detailed Way: Railway Selection Procedure
Question-16) Through which of the following group of states does the Konkan Railways run?
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Andhra Pradesh – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Goa – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
- Karnataka – Goa – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
Question-17) Which of the following zonal headquarters – city combination is incorrect?
- South East Central – Bilaspur
- North Western – Jodhpur
- East Central – Hajipur
- West Central – Jabalpur
Question-18) Which of the following zones administers the Matheran Hill Railway?
- Konkan Railways
- Western Railways
- Central Railways
- Southern Railways
Question-19) In which city is the Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) being set up as announced in the Railway Budget 2013?
- Rae Barelly
Question-20) In which of the following cities is the National Rail Museum located?
- New Delhi
Check out Best List: Indian Railway Coaching Centre
Question-21): Headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is located at
- Maligaon (Guwahati)
Question-22) North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established in which year ?
- 15th Jan, 1958
- 13th June, 1956
- 22nd Jan, 1959
- 14th August, 1962
Question-23) In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
Question-24) Recently who has inaugurated a two-day national level conference on disaster management?
- Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Raj Nath Singh
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
Question-25) Which headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi
- Mumbai (V.T)
Know about: Career in Indian Railway
Question-26) Which Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station?
- Habibganj Railway Station
- Srinagar Railway Station
- Dharamsala Railway Station
- Varanasi Railway Station
Question-27) The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
- Mumbai (V.T)
- Mumbai (Central)
Question-28) In which state government to implement India’s first Rural LED street lighting project?
- Andhra Pradesh
Question-29) The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
Question-30) General Manger is responsible for which department?
- Railway Board
- Railway Ministry
- Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
- None of these
Check Here More: Railway Exams Preparation Books
Question-31) Shatabdi Express train introduced in which year?
Question-32) On which day United Nation observes 2017 Russian Language Day?
- 8 June
- 7 June
- 6 June
- 5 June
Question-33) First underground railway (Metro Railway) started in which year?
Question-34) The railway station situated in the extreme south is
Question-35) Narendra Modi government is planning to replace UGC and AICTE with
Get Detailed: Railway Exam Syllabus
Question-36) At which of the following place Diesel Component Works is established?
Question-37) A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called
- Dock platform
- Passenger platform
- Island platform
- Goods platform
Question-38) Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Central Railway
- Northern Railway
- Eastern Railway
- Western Railway
Question-39) Indian Railways Nationalised in which year?
Question-40) Railway Staff College is situated at which city?
Must Check: Railway Interview Tips & Tricks
Question-41) Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
Question-42) Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Question-43) In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
Question-44) Who invented the railway engine?
- Isaac Newton
- James Watt
- George Stephenson
Question-45) In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Railway Staff College
- Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
You Can Also Check: Railway Exams Eligibility
Question-46) Wing rails are provided
- Wing rails are provide
- near check rails
- near stock rails
- In crossing
Question-47) Minimum gradient in station yards is generally limited to
- 1 in 1000
- 1 in 750
- 1 in 500
Question-48) Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Question-49) Railway Staff College is situated at
Question-50) Shatabdi Express train introduced in
Books of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2018
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker Reasoning Test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Candidates may stay with us for more career related information by regularly checking our page. You can also join us on Facebook or Google Plus for more information and latest updates of Railway Current Affairs 2018. If you have any query regarding information available here, please ask in comment box.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Latest Current Affairs||More Railway Jobs|
|Get Complete Info of Pratiyogita Darpan||Railway Exam|
|Railway Admit Card||Railway Recruitment Board in India|
|Free Online Test Series||Railway Jobs Salary Structure|