Railway Current Affairs
This page is covered by all the essential facts related to Railway Current Affairs for those aspirants who are preparing for any Railway Competitive Examination. Railway Section conducts competitive exams like Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination for appointment of deserving candidate on the basis of their skills for various posts like Group ‘A’ and ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’ including Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others. For qualifying such exams, students must be aware about the Railway Current Affairs 2017. Current affair is a vast section which contains an enormous amount of questions based on national as well as international importance.
Indian Railways has so many Railway Recruitment Boards which located at different locations of the country. On this single page, we have shared the latest updates regarding Indian Railways News. You may also get this news in PDF format through online mode. Here we are presenting Indian Railways questions and answers which might helps you in preparation for competitive exams to score well in the section of current affairs. We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is also providing Railway Current affairs question and answers in PDF form that you may free download.
Railway Current Affairs
Railway Current Affairs Highlights:
- IRCTC to install 1100 water vending machines at 450 stations
- Railways to Induct 40000 Refurbished Coaches for Rs 8000 Cr:
- Railway Minister inaugurated the first HR Roundtable Indian Railways:
- Habibganj railway station turn out to be the first private railway station in India:
- Habibganj Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station:
- Indian Railways launched free Wi-Fi at 28 stations:
- Railway Minister inducts free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations:
- Indian Railways to install CCTV cameras at over 900 stations under Nirbhaya fund:
- Indian Railways will put in CCTV cameras at more than 900 railway stations under Nirbhaya Fund:
- Railway minister inaugurated free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations
- Buy advanced equipment to run trains without IR Guard:
- Union Cabinet endorsed cooperation between Indian and Japan on Railway Safety:
- Double-decker AC trains will be on high-density routes:
- Double-decker AC trains to be start on on high-density routes:
- Railways, postal department join hands in parcel business
- Railways pushing renewable energy to attain cost-efficiency: Prabhu
- Railways float EoI for MAGLEV trains: Gohain
- 69 railway coaches fitted with CCTVs on pilot basis
- Government urges private sector to invest in rail infrastructure
- Indian Railways project ‘Raftaar’ yields results
- Railways to introduce flexi fare pricing
- Railways to add 30,000 bio toilets this year: Minister
Start Online Test here: Railway Quiz
Current Affairs Questions and Answers (Railways)
Railway Questions and Answers:
Q.1: Headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is located at
- Maligaon (Guwahati)
Q.2: North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established in which year ?
- 15th Jan, 1958
- 13th June, 1956
- 22nd Jan, 1959
- 14th August, 1962
Q.3: In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
Q.4: Recently who has inaugurated a two-day national level conference on disaster management?
- Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Raj Nath Singh
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
Read Out: Railway Exam Preparation Tips
Q.5: The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi
- Mumbai (V.T)
Q.6: Which Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station?
- Habibganj Railway Station
- Srinagar Railway Station
- Dharamsala Railway Station
- Varanasi Railway Station
Q.7: The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
- Mumbai (V.T)
- Mumbai (Central)
Q.8: In which state government to implement India’s first Rural LED street lighting project?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q.9: The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
Download From here: Railway Exam Question Papers
Q.10: General Manger is responsible for which department?
- Railway Board
- Railway Ministry
- Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
- None of these
Q.11: Shatabdi Express train introduced in which year?
Q.12: On which day United Nation observes 2017 Russian Language Day?
- 8 June
- 7 June
- 6 June
- 5 June
Q.13: First underground railway (Metro Railway) started in which year?
Q.14: The railway station situated in the extreme south is
Check Out: Railway Exam Pattern
Q.15: Narendra Modi government is planning to replace UGC and AICTE with
Q.16: At which of the following place Diesel Component Works is established?
Q.17: A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called
- Dock platform
- Passenger platform
- Island platform
- Goods platform
Q.18: Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Central Railway
- Northern Railway
- Eastern Railway
- Western Railway
Q.19: Indian Railways Nationalised in which year ?
Read in Detailed Way: Railway Selection Procedure
Q.20: Railway Staff College is situated at which city?
Q.21: Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
Q.22: Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Q.23: In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
Q.24: Who invented the railway engine?
- Isaac Newton
- James Watt
- George Stephenson
Check out Best List: Indian Railway Coaching Centre
Q25: In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Railway Staff College
- Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
Q.26: Wing rails are provided
- Wing rails are provide
- near check rails
- near stock rails
- In crossing
Q.27: Minimum gradient in station yards is generally limited to
- 1 in 1000
- 1 in 750
- 1 in 500
Q.28: Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Q.29: Railway Staff College is situated at
Know about: Career in Indian Railway
Q.30: Shatabdi Express train introduced in
Books of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2017
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker Reasoning Test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Check Here More: Railway Exams Preparation Books
Candidates may stay with us for more career related information by regularly checking our page. You can also join us on Facebook or Google Plus for more information and latest updates of Railway Current Affairs 2017. If you have any query regarding information available here, please ask in comment box.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Latest Current Affairs||More Railway Jobs|
|Get Complete Info of Pratiyogita Darpan||Railway Exam|
|Railway Admit Card||Railway Recruitment Board in India|
|Free Online Test Series||Railway Jobs Salary Structure|