AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply against Air Force Common Admission Test are required to check the AFCAT Eligibility Criteria first. Only those aspirants who fulfill the whole criteria are eligible to apply.
The eligibility criteria include AFCAT Educational qualification, Age Limit and Physical Standard details. Air Force Common Admission Test is a gateway in 3 branches i.e. Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty.
Important Things For You:
Among them only flying branch is considered as Short Service commission and remaining two are considered as permanent service commission as well as short service commission.
More details about AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 are mentioned below by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com, take a look and then you can fill the application form.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Technical Branch:
- Individuals must have done four year of degree in engineering stream from any recognized university with 60% aggregate score.
- Those contenders who lie in between 20-26 years of age (born between 02.01.1992 to 01.01.1998 including both dates) are eligible for Air Force Common Admission Test.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Flying Branch:
- Candidates should have completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized university with at least 60% marks.
- The minimum age required is 20 years and the maximum age required is fixed to 24 years for both men and women (born between 02.01.1994 to 01.01.1998 including both dates).
Know Here: Career for Women in Defence Services
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty:
- Candidate must possess graduation in relevant discipline from any recognized university. Aspirants should obtained minimum 60% aggregate marks in their qualifying examination.
- Only those applicants are eligible whose age is in between 20-26 years (born between 02.01.1992 to 01.01.1998 including both dates).
Physical Eligibility for AFCAT:
- Minimum height required in Flying Branch is 162.5 cms
- Minimum height required in Technical branch and Ground duty is 157.5 cms for men and 152 cms for women.
- 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
Read Out Here: How to Prepare for AFCAT
AFCAT Age Limit:
The AFCAT Age eligibility criteria for all three departments are mentioned in the below table.
|Flying Branch||20-26 years|
|Technical Branch||20-24 years|
|Ground Duty||20-26 years|
Note: In Flying Branch, upper age relaxation will be 2 years for aspirants with a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India).
It is compulsory for all the aspirants to match the required eligibility criteria for AFCAT then they can apply against Air Force Common Admission Test.
AFCAT Selection Process:
- The selection process will be done in two rounds i.e. written exam and SSB interview.
- Written exam will be conducted into 2 parts i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Questions from General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test will be asked in Air Force Common Admission Test.
- For each correct answer you will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer will bet -1 mark.
- Those contenders who will able to crack AFCAT written examinations will go through SSB interview.
- After that, the final selection will be done by the authorities.
START Practice With: AFCAT Mock Test
If you find the above information about AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 and AFCAT Age Limit useful then you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D.
Stay with the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com or follows us on Google plus and Facebook to get latest updates on AFCAT exam eligibility criteria.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|AFCAT 1 Notification||AFCAT Admit Card|
|AFCAT Answer Key||AFCAT Application Form|
|AFCAT Result||AFCAT Cut Off Marks|
|AFCAT Previous Year Papers||AFCAT Syllabus|
|AFCAT Sample Papers||Top 10 Books for AFCAT|