CAT Eligibility Criteria
Management sector is one of the premiere career choices for Indian nationals, so those who aspire to appear in CAT Exam, can check the CAT Eligibility Criteria through this page. Indian Institute Of Management has set the Eligibility Criteria For CAT.
Candidates, who’re seeking admission in PGP/FPM courses, they must check entire information like Qualifying Marks, Age Limit and Reservation etc. So, explore this page thoroughly and acquire complete information about CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 Stats
|Events||CAT 2018 Important Dates|
|CAT Registration Begins From||08-08-2018|
|End Date For CAT 2018 Online Registration||19-09-2018|
|CAT Admit Card Will Download From||24-10-2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||25-11-2018|
|Announcement Of CAT Result||2nd week of January 2019|
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria Details
Those contenders who are satisfying all the norms and conditions set by Indian Institutes of Management are permitted to attend the examination. In this article, all the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 conditions are mentioned.
Match your eligibility with the Eligibility Criteria For CAT given on this page that is well framed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com Must have a glance and get detailed information about CAT Eligibility 2018.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
Check CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Those are applying against CAT Exam, must have Degree of B.E. or B.Tech degrees (4 years after 10 + 2, post-B.Sc. or Post Diploma) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Examinations equivalent to B.E. or B.Tech degrees i.e. professional societies recognized by the MHRD/UPSC/AICTE
- In case, those candidates doesn’t have qualification degree as above mentioned, they should an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Applicants pursuing final year of graduation degree or equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Fill Application Form: CAT Exam Registration
CAT Qualifying Marks:
As per CAT Exam Eligibility, candidates must have secured minimum qualifying marks in Graduation Degree as shown below:
|Category||CAT Eligibility Marks|
|General / UR||50%|
|SC, ST and OBC||45%|
Check Out More: MBA Entrance Exam
CAT Age Limit:
- In order to appear in Common Admission Test 2018, minimum age should be 20 years.
- There is no maximum age limit for appearing in CAT 2018 as per the CAT Eligibility Criteria.
Get List of: CAT Affiliated Colleges India
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018– Reservation Norms
According to the government of India, IIMs follow the reservation norms. So, those candidates are applying against CAT 2018 under a reserved category, they have to follow the some essential instructions to support their reservation. For your better convenience, we have shared percentage of reservation of seats in the IIMs in tabular format, so have a look below:
Information for Reserved Category Candidates:
- The caste of tribe candidates, who belong to SC/ST categories, are listed in the Government of India schedule.
- Those candidates need to submit their caste certificate to IIMs along with the below given information:
- Name of caste or tribe
- Whether candidate belongs to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
- District and the State or Union Territory of original residence
- The appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- When you are filling application form, you are required to upload the SC / ST / NC-OBC / PWD certificate(s). if you don’t upload the documents, the application may get rejected by IIMs
- After giving exam, candidates have to appear in interview rounds and must bring original documents and copies have to be submitted at IIMs during final admission process.
- Those applicants will unable to provide their documents they cannot be considered under reserved categories.
Read Complete IIM CAT Admission Criteria Here: CAT Selection Procedure
CAT Eligibility Criteria – Reservation Norms
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Other Backward Class Non-Creamy (OBC NC)||27|
|Person With Disability (PWD)||3|
Check Here, No of Attempts as per Eligibility Criteria For CAT
- According to CAT Eligibility Criteria, students can attempt computer-based Common Admission Test (CAT) unlimited number of times throughout your life.
- But the main condition is that, they must have Graduation Degree with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA awarded by a recognized university or educational institute.
You may get other details regarding CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 from its Official Link. Candidates need to keep in touch with us (www.recruitmentinboxx.com) for latest updates about CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Top 10 CAT Coaching Institute In India||CAT Exam Preparation Books|
|CAT Admit Card||CAT Voucher|
|How to Crack CAT||CAT Exam Pattern|
|CAT Exam Schedule||CAT Syllabus|
|CAT Previous Year Question Papers||Reading Comprehension for CAT|