CBSE is inviting online applications for the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 and the renewal of the 2022 scheme for the CBSE-affiliated schools. Students interested in CBSE Scholarship 2023 can apply online with the help of these pages. The last date to apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is 18-10-2023. Check here CBSE Scholarship Eligibility, Reward, Selection Procedure, etc.
CBSE Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Central Board of Secondary Education
|Who can Apply?
|Single Girl Child
|Rs. 500 per month
|Last Date for Apply
CBSE Scholarship List (Active)
If you are studying in Class 11 or above, then there are a number of CBSE Scholarships you may apply for. These schemes have been introduced with the prime objective of providing financial help to the underprivileged meritorious female students of the country. Here is the list of active CBSE scholarships:
- CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship X 2023 Scheme
- CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship X 2022 (Renewal 2023) Scheme
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
Under this scheme, the Board offers financial aid to a girl student who is the only girl child of their parents.
A single girl child who has passed the CBSE Class 10 Examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/ grades and is continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
Objective Of Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship Scheme
The main objective of the CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scheme is to offer financial aid to parents of a meritorious single girl child to pursue the 11th and 12th standards. This scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of single girl child parents in promoting education among females as well as provide encouragement to them.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility:
- Only Indian Nationals Single Girl Child is eligible.
- She must have secured a minimum of 60 % marks or 6.2 grades in Class 10 from any CBSE-affiliated school.
- The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 2 years for pursuing class XI and class XII from any CBSE-affiliated school.
- Applicants are required to submit an original affidavit as per the prescribed format duly attested by First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/ Notary.
- Fully filled application form must be attested from the school principal from where the applicant studying 11th & 12th.
- The tuition fee of the school must not exceed Rs.1500 per month for class 10th and 10 % enhancement for 11th & 12th.
NRI applicants are also eligible for the award and the tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
Rate of Scholarships and Mode of Payment
For Single Girl Child Merit Scheme, the rate of scholarship is Rs. 500/- per month. A Scholarship rewarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through Demand Drafts/ ECS.
CBSE Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Students must have passed Class X Exam from the Central Board of Secondary Education and secured a 60% or more.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from any CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Applicant (Girl) should be only one child of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per the prescribed format available on the official website.
- The tuition fee must not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
- Online applications will be verified from the present schools, where they are studying. If not verified, they will be rejected
How to Fill CBSE Scholarship 2023 Application Form?
Candidates need to follow the instructions mentioned below to apply for any of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarships:
Step 1: Visit the Scholarship website of the Central Board of Secondary Education – www.cbse.gov.in.
Step 2: Then hit on “Main Website” Icon
Step 3: Then in the ‘Latest@CBSE’ section look for “Press Note: Single Girl Child Scholarship X 2023”.
Step 4: Press on the above Scholarship link.
Step 5: The next phase is to hit on the “Guidelines and Application Forms/Apply Online” link.
Step 6: First go through the guidelines carefully and then hit on ‘Apply Online’ link.
Step 7: The CBSE Scholarship Application Form will be opened on your screen.
Step 8: Enter all the details as asked in the Scholarship Form correctly and attach all the supporting documents.
Step 9: After putting all details in, hit on the “Submit” tab.
Step 10: At last, take a printout of the successfully submitted Scholarship Form and send it to the address mentioned below.
Press Here – CBSE Official Website
Press Here – CBSE Scholarship Guidelines PDF
Press Here – CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Link
Renewal of CBSE Scholarships
The beneficiaries will be granted the scholarship reward for 01 year. However, if you want to continue the scholarship up to Class 12th, then you have to submit a CBSE Scholarship Renewal form. The acceptance of your renewal form will depend on your Class 11th marks. Following is the eligibility criterion for the renewal of CBSE scholarships:
- The candidate must have applied for the scholarship in class 11th.
- They must be currently studying in class 12th and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in class 11th.
- In case you have quit the selected course before completing it or have changed the school, then the board will decide on the scholarship renewal status.
- The applicant must have higher attendance and should maintain good conduct for the continuation of the scholarship.
Press Here – CBSE Scholarship Renewal Link
CBSE Scholarship Schedule
|Last date to apply
|Starting date for Verification of applications by school
|Last date for Verification of applications by school
CBSE Scholarship Essentials Documents
Following is the list of essential documents to be attached to the CBSE Scholarship Application Form:
For Fresh Applications:
- Bank details
- Passport size photo
- Class X mark sheet (CBSE board)
- A copy of the aadhaar card
- domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
For Renewal Applications:
- Class 11 mark sheet
- Photocopy of the aadhaar card
- Bank passbook or a canceled cheque with details of the bank IFSC code, bank name, account number, and beneficiaries’ name
Scholarship is granted to meritorious Indian Nationals who can’t afford quality education and are in need of financial help to pursue their higher studies. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS), Single Girl Child (SGC) Merit Scheme, and Udaan Scholarship are the major CBSE scholarships. CSSS/Merit Scholarship Scheme acts as an opportunity for candidates belonging to weaker sections to complete higher education.
Press this Official Link to learn more about CBSE Scholarship 2023. You may also join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get the latest updates directly on your timeline. You can also bookmark our web portal which is www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing the (Ctrl+D) key to get all updates just with a single hit.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|CBSE Compartment Form
|CBSE Sample Papers
|CBSE Compartment Paper
|Board Exam 2022 Updates
|CBSE New Syllabus
|CBSE Class 11 Syllabus