Central Sector Scholarship
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) runs Central Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) for College and University Students. Know how to fill out the CSSS Scholarship Application Form, and check the Eligibility, Last Date, Award details, etc. discussed below in this article.
Submission of the Central Sector Scholarship 2022 form after the last date will not be accepted by the organization. Before applying for the CSSS Scholarship Scheme 2022, contenders need to match the required eligibility criteria.
CSSS Scholarship 2022:
Selection of aspirants for Central Sector Scholarships will be done through merit. Selected contenders will receive the amount for tuition fees/ books and stationery expenses/ living expenses and others.
For further information about Central Sector Scholarship 2022-23, aspirants need to look at the below section of this web page which is well created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2022 Highlights:
|Name of the Scholarship||Central Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) 2022|
|Awards||Up to Rs. 20,000 per annum till the|
completion of course
|Eligibility||Candidates who are above the 80th percentile|
of successful students who have passed class 12
Pursuing regular UG/PG course
Annual family income less than INR 8 Lakh
|Application Period||August-November 2022 (Tentative)|
|Application Process||Apply Online through official NSP portal|
Central Sector Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship – Objective
The Central Sector Scholarships are specially introduced for the financial aid of meritorious College and University students. By the medium of CSSS Scholarship, candidates belonging to low-income group families are benefitted financially in their higher studies. The scholarships help the beneficiaries to meet their daily expenses incurred while pursuing graduate or postgraduate studies in general or professional courses.
CSSS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria which must be satisfied in order to apply for the CSSS Scholarship 2022 are stated as follows:
- Students in the top 20th percentile merit list of class 12 results (SEB/CBSE/ICSE Board) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a regular programme at graduation/postgraduation/professional level in a college/university recognized by AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI, or other regulatory bodies.
- Reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27%, and 5% in the qualifying percentile will be provided to the reserved categories of SC, ST, OBC, and PWD respectively.
- The applicant’s family income must not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum from all sources.
- The candidate must not be receiving any other scholarship benefits at the time of application.
- Diploma students are not eligible for this merit-cum-means scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship Amount
Under the CSSS Scholarship scheme, a total of 82,000 scholarships are awarded each year. The total number of scholarships is equally distributed between girl and boy candidates. The beneficiaries receive the scholarship amount directly into their account through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) mode. Refer to the table placed below to get the Scholarship Award details for different study levels:
|SNo||Level of Study||Reward Details|
Also Check: Latest Scholarships Opportunities In India
How to Apply for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2022?
The step-wise procedure to fill out the CSSS Scholarship Application Form is explained in the following points:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Then select the “Central Schemes” tab provided at the menu bar of the home page.
- A list of various scholarships will be shown on your digital screen.
- Press the CSSS Scholarship 2022 link.
- Read the essential details about the scheme in Scholarship Notification.
- After that, hit the “Apply” button and fill out the Scholarship form with the correct details.
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents like caste certificates/ academic certificates etc.
- Hit the “Submit” button and take a printout of the Central Sector Scholarship Application Form for further use.
Central Sector Scholarship – Required Documents
Given below is the list of all the necessary documents that you must keep ready while applying for the CSSS Scholarship 2022:
- Bank passbook issued in the name of the applicant for filling bank details
- Aadhaar card number (In case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc. can be considered)
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Disability certificate, if applicable
CSSS Scholarship Selection Criteria
CSSS falls under the category of merit-cum-means scholarships. Applicants will be selected on a merit basis. Marks obtained in the last qualifying examination/academic records will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Policy
Students finally selected for this Merit-cum-means Scholarship can receive the scholarship amount for a maximum period of 5 years which includes both graduation and postgraduation period. Here are the prescribed eligibility conditions for the renewal of the scholarship:
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% or more marks in the previous exam.
- The students must maintain at least 75% attendance.
- The candidates must not be involved in any ragging activities.
- You need to apply on NSP portal for renewal of this scholarship.
CSSS Scholarship 2022 Last Date
Last date to apply for Central Sector Scheme: Update Soon
Central Sector Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding the CSSS Scholarship scheme, you can contact:
Address: National Scholarship Division,
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Higher Education,
West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6,
R.K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066.
Telephone No: 011-26172917, 26172491, 26165238
You can go through the Official Link of the organization or follows the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com on social media to get the latest updates on Central Sector Scholarship 2022-23. You can also bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Best Career Options|