Get the latest and updated GATE Syllabus here from this page. We have provided the fresh Syllabus for All Papers to be followed in the upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2023. The direct links to Download GATE 2023 Syllabus PDF for EC, CS, ME, CE, EE, and various other papers are available below.
To check the Topic-Wise GATE Syllabus 2023, candidates have to hit the below-stated direct link. To get admission in any engineering course, it is a must for candidates to qualify GATE 2023.
GATE 2023 Syllabus (EC, CS, ME, CE, EE) Download
To qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering with better marks, the candidate must need the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Syllabus for the paper they are appearing for. It can only be possible with the help of the latest GATE Exam Syllabus 2023.
Aspirants can download the GATE Syllabus and Exam Pattern, officially by following the guidelines mentioned on the below section of this page which is well tailored by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
GATE 2023 Exam – Overview
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Number of Papers in GATE 2023||29 Papers|
|Type of Questions|
|Number of Questions||65 Questions (including 10 questions|
from General Aptitude)
|Distribution of Questions in all|
Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG,
MA, PH, and XL
|Distribution of Questions in AR,|
CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All of the questions will be worth|
1 or 2 marks
Download GATE Syllabus 2023 PDF (All Subjects)
Here we have presented the direct links to access the GATE 2023 Syllabus PDF for All Subjects. Refer to the table placed below to download the subject-wise Syllabus for the upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2023:
|GATE Paper||Code||Download Syllabus|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Download PDF|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Download PDF|
|Architecture and Planning|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||Download PDF|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Download PDF|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Download PDF|
|Computer Science and Information|
|Electronics and Communication|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Download PDF|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Download PDF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Download PDF|
|Geomatics Engineering (New Paper)||GE||Download PDF|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Download PDF|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Download PDF|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Download PDF|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Download PDF|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Download PDF|
|Naval Architecture and Marine|
Engineering (New Paper)
|Petroleum Engineering||PE||Download PDF|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||Download PDF|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF||Download PDF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Download PDF|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||XH||Download PDF|
|Life Sciences||XL||Download PDF|
Also Check here: GATE 2023 Exam Dates
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
Before jumping to the syllabus section, we must first understand the examination scheme of GATE 2023. Go through the following section in which we have discussed the latest GATE Exam Pattern 2023.
GATE Exam Pattern 2023: Section-wise Marks Distribution
Check the Section-wise marks distribution of different GATE 2023 papers in the table shown below:
|Paper Code||Marks Distribution|
|Distribution of Questions in all Papers except|
AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL
|General Aptitude (GA) – 15,|
Engineering Mathematics –13, and
The subject of the Paper – 72
|Distribution of Questions in AR, CY, EY, GG,|
MA, PH, XH, and XL
|General Aptitude (GA)- 15 and|
The subject of the Paper- 85
GATE 2023 Marking Scheme:
There is a different marking scheme depending on the paper you are attempting. Check the marking scheme of the different papers in the table below.
|Paper Code||General Aptitude|
|Total Time (Minutes)|
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE,|
ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH,
PI, TF, ST, and BM
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology|
OR Section 2 Geophysics)]
|15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 +|
(2 x 35)
|XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 +|
(1 x 60)
|XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 +(2 x 30)||100||180|
GATE Negative Marking 2023:
|Questions Type||Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
Read More on: GATE Exam Pattern
GATE General Aptitude Syllabus (Common to All Papers)
Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning, and verbal deduction
Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning, and data interpretation
GATE Syllabus 2023 for Statistics
Syllabus for Calculus:
- Finite, countable and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, Archimedean property;
- Sequences and series, convergence;
- Limits, continuity, uniform continuity, differentiability, mean value theorems;
- Riemann integration, Improper integrals;
- Functions of two or three variables, continuity, directional derivatives, partial derivatives, total derivative, maxima and minima, saddle point, method of Lagrange’s multipliers;
- Double and Triple integrals and their applications;
- Line integrals and Surface integrals, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem, and Gauss divergence theorem.
Syllabus for Linear Algebra:
- Finite dimensional vector spaces over real or complex fields;
- Linear transformations and their matrix representations, rank;
- systems of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, minimal polynomial, Cayley-Hamilton Theorem, diagonalization, Jordan canonical form, symmetric, skew-symmetric, Hermitian, skew- Hermitian, orthogonal and unitary matrices;
- Finite dimensional inner product spaces, Gram-Schmidt orthonormalization process, definite forms.
- Classical, relative frequency and axiomatic definitions of probability, conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem, independent events;
- Random variables and probability distributions, moments and moment generating functions, quantiles;
- Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions;
- Probability inequalities (Chebyshev, Markov, Jensen);
- Function of a random variable;
- Jointly distributed random variables, marginal and conditional distributions, product moments, joint moment generating functions, independence of random variables;
- Transformations of random variables, sampling distributions, distribution of order statistics and range;
- Characteristic functions;
- Modes of convergence;
- Weak and strong laws of large numbers;
- Central limit theorem for i.i.d. random variables with existence of higher order moments.
Markov chains with finite and countable state space, classification of states, limiting behaviour of n-step transition probabilities, stationary distribution, Poisson and birth-and-death processes.
- Unbiasedness, consistency, sufficiency, completeness, uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimation, method of moments and maximum likelihood estimations;
- Confidence intervals;
- Tests of hypotheses, most powerful and uniformly most powerful tests, likelihood ratio tests, large sample test, Sign test, Wilcoxon signed rank test, Mann- Whitney U test, test for independence and Chi-square test for goodness of fit.
Simple and multiple linear regression, polynomial regression, estimation, confidence intervals and testing for regression coefficients; Partial and multiple correlation coefficients.
- Basic properties of multivariate normal distribution;
- Multinomial distribution;
- Wishart distribution;
- Hotellings T2 and related tests;
- Principal component analysis;
- Discriminant analysis;
Design of Experiments:
One and two-way ANOVA, CRD, RBD, LSD, 22 and 23 Factorial experiments
Download From here: GATE Question Paper
GATE Syllabus 2023 for Civil Engineering (CE)
|Section||Topic To be Covered in GATE Civil|
|2: GATE Exam|
|4: GATE Syllabus|
GATE 2023 Syllabi for Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
|Sections||Topic To be Covered in GATE CS Syllabus|
|3||Computer Organization and Architecture|
|4||Programming and Data Structures|
|6||Theory of Computation|
GATE Syllabus for Chemical Engineering (CH)
|GATE Syllabus For|
|GATE Syllabus For|
|GATE Syllabus For|
|GATE Syllabus For|
Plant Design and
Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engg (EC)
|2||Networks, Signals and Systems|
How to Download GATE Syllabus 2023?
Applicants can get the officially announced Syllabus for GATE 2023 by following some of these below stated steps:
- To download the GATE Syllabus and Pattern, first of all, you are required to login to the official portal which is gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Press the “GATE 2023 Papers” tab available in the menu bar.
- On the next page, you will see a list of all GATE Papers; you have to hit on an appropriate link.
- By hitting the link said above you will get a PDF file of the GATE Syllabus For Civil / EE / Mechanical Engineering and others.
- You must check GATE 2023 Mechanical Syllabus very carefully and GATE Syllabus 2023 PDF For All Papers.
- At last, you are required to save the GATE Syllabus PDF to your desktop or take a printout of it for future use.
GATE 2023 Exam
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is an entrance exam conducted jointly by IISc and seven IITs every year in the month of January/February for all of India. A massive number of candidates apply for this examination to get eligibility for taking admission into higher education programmers. Score and Rank of commonly used for admissions to Postgraduate Programmes (ME, M.Tech, MS, direct Ph.D.) in IISc, IITs, and other prestigious Institutes / Universities in India, with financial assistance provided by MHRD.
The score of GATE may also use by PSUs for the recruitment of candidates with impressive and satisfying salary packages. The validity of the GATE score card is for 03 years. Applicants, who had applied for GATE examinations must prepare for the examination according to the GATE Syllabus 2023 to crack the exam.
Candidates who are ready to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) must be completely prepared for it to score good marks and get selected for the post-graduation course. You are suggested to go through the Official Link to attain further detail regarding GATE Syllabus 2023. You can also download your GATE scheme by hitting on the above-given links. Stay connected with us at www.recruitmentinboxx.com for more updates.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|GATE Admit Card||GATE Cut Off|
|GATE Result||GATE Answer Key|