Being an IPS is surely an honor in itself and a noble profession to serve the nation. Aspirants who are committed to prepare for UPSC IPS can get the prescribed IPS Syllabus 2022 on this page. The UPSC IPS 2022 Notification has been released by the Union Public Service Commission. Every year the UPSC conducts Combined Civil Services Examination for the recruitment of IPS Officers in different department and locations across the nation. Clearing the Indian Police Service (Pre/Mains) Exam is certainly a hard nut to crack as it is one of the toughest competitive examinations held in India.
So here we have provided the IPS Syllabus 2022 in English and Hindi to help you prepare for the exam in an effective manner.
The IPS Recruitment procedure is carried out in three stages – Preliminary exam, Main exam followed by the Interview stage. For the convenience of candidates appearing in the IPS Pre/Mains Exam, we have facilitated the direct link to download the Indian Police Service Syllabus in PDF format. Once you download the IPS Syllabus 2022 PDF you can make an effective study plan and start the exam preparation accordingly.
IPS 2022 Exam Dates!!!
The Union Public Service Commission released IPS 2022 Exam Notification. IPS Preliminary Exam is scheduled to be held on June 05, 2022 while the Main Examination will commence from September 16, 2022. On this page, you will find the separate IPS Syllabus for Preliminary and Main stages given in easy to understand format. Proper understanding of IPS Exam Pattern and Syllabus is necessary to prepare for the exam effectively thereby increasing your chances of success.
Applicants can download the PDFs of IPS Syllabus in Hindi and English as per their preference from this page. Explore this page completely that is well prepared by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get complete details about IPS Recruitment Syllabus.
IPS Syllabus 2022
भारतीय पुलिस सेवा प्रारंभिक और मेन्स परीक्षा भारत की सबसे कठिन परीक्षाओं में से एक है। उम्मीदवारों को अपनी तैयारी शुरू करने के लिए यहां से परीक्षा पैटर्न के साथ IPS सिलेबस 2022 डाउनलोड करने की आवश्यकता है। आवेदक नीचे दिए गए सीधे लिंक को दबाकर भारतीय पुलिस सेवा पाठ्यक्रम की पीडीएफ डाउनलोड कर सकेंगे। IPS Syllabus 2022 PDF डाउनलोड करने के बाद, उम्मीदवार पाठ्यक्रम और परीक्षा पैटर्न के अनुसार अपनी तैयारी शुरू कर सकते हैं।
|Exam||Civil Services Examination|
|Organizing body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam type||Pen and paper-based (offline)|
|Number of services||24|
|Number of attempts||6 attempts|
IPS Exam Dates 2022:
|IPS Preliminary Exam Date||05-06-2022|
|IPS Main exam date||16-09-2022|
IPS Syllabus 2022- Preliminary Examination
|Paper I: General studies|
(this is qualifying paper for mains examination)
|Paper II: Aptitude skills|
(this paper is also qualifying but person has to score at least 33% marks)
Do You Know: How To Become IPS Officer?
IPS Syllabus for Paper-I:
Topics covered in IPS Pre Exam Syllabus are as follows:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic
- Geography of India & World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science.
IPS Hindi Syllabus for Paper-I:
- राष्ट्रीय और अंतर्राष्ट्रीय महत्व की वर्तमान घटनाएं
- भारत का इतिहास और भारतीय राष्ट्रीय आंदोलन
- भारतीय और विश्व भूगोल-भौतिक, सामाजिक, आर्थिक
- भारत और विश्व का भूगोल
- भारतीय राजनीति और शासन – संविधान, राजनीतिक प्रणाली, पंचायती राज, सार्वजनिक नीति, अधिकार मुद्दे, आदि।
- आर्थिक और सामाजिक विकास-सतत विकास, गरीबी, समावेश, जनसांख्यिकी, सामाजिक क्षेत्र की पहल आदि।
- पर्यावरण पारिस्थितिकी, जैव-विविधता और जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सामान्य मुद्दे – जिन्हें विषय विशेषज्ञता सामान्य विज्ञान की आवश्यकता नहीं है।
IPS Syllabus for Paper-II:
Topics covered in IPS Preliminary Syllabus are as follows:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
IPS Hindi Syllabus for Paper-II:
- संचार कौशल सहित पारस्परिक कौशल;
- तार्किक तर्क और विश्लेषणात्मक क्षमता
- निर्णय लेना और समस्या समाधान
- सामान्य मानसिक क्षमता
- मूल संख्या (संख्या और उनके संबंध, परिमाण के आदेश, आदि) (कक्षा X स्तर), डेटा व्याख्या (चार्ट, रेखांकन, तालिकाओं, डेटा पर्याप्तता आदि) – कक्षा X स्तर)
- अंग्रेजी भाषा की समझ के कौशल (दसवीं कक्षा के स्तर)।
IPS Syllabus 2022- Mains Examination
IPS Mains Exam Syllabus
|निबंध (उम्मीदवार की पसंद के माध्यम में लिखा जा सकता है)||250|
|सामान्य अध्ययन – I (भारतीय विरासत और संस्कृति, इतिहास और विश्व और समाज का भूगोल)||250|
|सामान्य अध्ययन – II (शासन, संविधान, राजनीति, सामाजिक न्याय और अंतर्राष्ट्रीय संबंध)||250|
|सामान्य अध्ययन – III (प्रौद्योगिकी, आर्थिक विकास, जैव विविधता, सुरक्षा और आपदा प्रबंधन)||250|
|सामान्य अध्ययन – IV (नैतिकता, अखंडता और योग्यता)||250|
|वैकल्पिक विषय – पेपर I||250|
|वैकल्पिक विषय – पेपर II|
PAPER 1: ESSAY
First topic covered in IPS Mains Syllabus will be Indian Society/ Politics/ Economy/ Development, growth & related aspects. Second topic will be security & related manner.
PAPER 2: GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
Check Out Complete: UPSC Notification
PAPER 3: GENERAL STUDIES PAPER-II
- Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations.
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues, and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs disputes redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions, and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions, and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency, and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies, and for- their structure, mandate.
Check Marking Scheme: UPSC Exam Pattern
PAPER 4: GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 3
- Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development, and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.
- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and nonstate actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
Get Here: Defence Jobs
PAPER 5: GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; the role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values of Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.
Read Out: Defence Current Affairs
PAPER 6 AND 7
Optional 1 (Of your choice)/ Optional 2 (Of your choice), Candidates can choose any optional from the subjects, which are given below:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Assamese (Literature)|
|Civil Engineering||Gujarati (Literature)|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Hindi (Literature)|
|Electrical Engineering||Kashmiri (Literature)|
|Mechanical Engineering||Odia (Literature)|
|Medical Science||Punjabi (Literature)|
|Political Science and International Relations||Sindhi (Literature)|
|Public Administration||Telugu (Literature)|
Literature of any one of the following languages:-
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
IPS Exam 2022:
Union public Service Commission is responsible for the smooth conduct of the Indian Police Service Exam. The Service comes under the jurisdiction of Indian Government and in the year of 1948 has replaced the Indian Imperial Police. Leaders and commanders are hired in the service for each state to serve their nation.
To appear for the UPSC IPS Exam 2022, candidates must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Union Public Service Commission in the official notification. The candidate must not have achieved the age of 30 years of General Group, 36 years of other backward classes & 37 years for belonging to a scheduled class or tribes, as a candidate should be a citizen of India.
Check Here: IPS Officer Salary
Candidates may get latest updates about other UPSC Examination by staying in touch with us. If you have any query about Syllabus of IPS, you may ask in comment box that is stated below. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible about UPSC IPS Syllabus.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Calendar||Latest Police Jobs|
|UPSC Recruitment||UPSC Interview Questions and Answers|