JEE Advanced Eligibility
Candidates, who wish to get admission to B.Tech courses offered by IITs, must have to satisfy JEE Advanced Eligibility. Eligibility for JEE Advanced 2018 is related to age, qualification, Number of attempts Marks & Percentage and more which has to be met by candidates.
JEE Advanced Eligibility consists all the conditions or requirements, which each and every candidates has to fulfill if they want to appear for JEE Advanced Entrance Examination 2018
Ensure JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
If any student, fails to satisfy JEE Advanced Exam Conditions and being ineligible, their application form will be rejected and that candidates will not allowed to attend the JEE advanced.
After satisfying all eligibility norms, those who found themselves eligible must proceed for JEE Advanced registration. Interested students can submit their application form till 7th May 2018
Candidates have to qualify JEE Main 2018 Examination successfully by securing position among the top 2, 24, 000 candidates. Go through this page to grab all details of JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018 provided by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
|Online Registration Closes||7th May 2018|
|Last date for fee payment of registered candidates||8th May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||14th – 20th May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018|
Paper 1: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||22nd – 25th May 2018|
|Answer Key Released||29th May 2018|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||29th – 30th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||10th June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||10th – 11th June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||14th June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||18th June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||19th June – 15th July 2018|
JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced Eligibility is created to analyze the student’s ability. Students who want to JEE Advanced 2018 have to ensure all JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria as ineligible candidates will not allow appearing in the entrance examination.
In below section we have provided JEE Advanced Eligibility Conditions. There are 5 JEE Advanced Eligibility criterion which candidates have to fulfill to apply for JEE Advanced 2018
- Criterion 1 – Appearance in 10+2 (or equivalent) Examination
- Criterion 2 – Performance in JEE Main 2018
- Criterion 3 – Age Limit
- Criterion 4 – Number of Attempts
- Criterion 5 – Earlier Admission at IITs
Check Out More: Engineering Entrance Exam Notification
#1 JEE Advanced Qualification Eligibility
- Candidates should have passed 12th or equivalent exam in year 2017 or 2018 for the first time
- Whose, class XII Examination Result were declared after June 2016 for academic year 2015-16 are eligible for applying for JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- In 12th or equivalent Exam, one should have attained 75% aggregate (for general students) and 65% aggregate (for SC/ST and PwD candidates) then he fulfills JEE Advanced Marks Eligibility
- Students must be top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their 12th or equivalent board exam.
- Top 20 percentile criterion will be considered for the following 5 subjects-
- A Language
- Any subject (other than four above mentioned subject).
Choose Here: Best & Career Guarantee Options after 12th
#2 Performance in JEE Main 2018
- Before appearing for JEE Advanced one has to qualify JEE Main 2018 Examination
- Candidates must have ranked in am top 2, 24, 000 (including all categories) candidates.
- JEE Advanced Percentage Eligibility of various categories is –
- OBC-NCL (27%),
- SC (15%),
- ST (7.5%)
- Open Category (50.5%)
- 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
Category-Wise Distribution of Top 2, 24,000 Candidates
|Category||Number of “Top” Candidates||Total|
Know Category Wise Expected Cutoff: JEE Advanced Cut off
#3 JEE Advanced Age Limitation
- To be eligible candidates, one should have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- SC/ ST and PwD category candidates will get relaxation of 5 years i.e., they should have born on or after October 1, 1988.
#4 JEE Advanced No. of Attempts Eligibility
- Eligible applicants can attempt the JEE Advanced for maximum two times in consecutive years
- Candidates who have attempted the JEE Advanced Exam for the first time in 2017 can apply for 2018 too.
Get Self Study Guide: How to Prepare for IIT JEE
#5 Earlier Admission at IITs
- Candidates who have already taken admission in IIT/ISM are not eligible
- Students, whose admissions were cancelled, earlier at IITs or ISM are not eligible.
- Students, who have admitted first time for preparatory course in IITs in year 2017 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Those who have already paid the seat acceptance fees in 2017 but not accepted it really the seat is also eligible.
Additional JEE Advanced Requirements for Certain Courses
- For Mining Engineering, Mining Machinery Engineering, Integrated M.Sc program in Geology or Geophysics, or Petroleum Engineering courses students should not suffer from any form of colour blindness
- As per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972, standards of visual acuity with or without glasses has to be strictly adhered for students who want admission in Mining Engineering
Check Here: Top 100 Engineering Colleges In India
Restriction in Mining Engineering
As per Section 45 (1) of the Mines Act, 1952, woman is not allowed to work underground and in mines. The act states “No woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed-
- in any part of a mine which is below ground
- in any mine above ground expect between 6 AM to 7 PM
Examinations Considered as Equivalent to Class 12th
- Final examination of 10+2 system which is conducted by Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by Board or University recognized by the AIUs.
- Final examination of 2-year course of Joint Services Wing of National Defence Academy
- Higher Secondary School Examination conducted by NIOS with minimum 5 subjects.
- Any examination in India or foreign country recognized as equivalent to 10+2 system by the AIU. H.S.C. vocational examination
- 3-year diploma course recognized by (AICTE) or State Board of Technical Education.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- Cambridge University HSC Examination or Diploma course from International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
Get List of Top: IIT JEE Coaching Institutes
For qualifying examination which has been passed from outside India or from Board which is not mentioned above, that candidates have to produce the certificate of AIU subjecting that examination they have passed is equivalent to class 12th examination.
Frequently asked question related to JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018
|Question: I appeared in Class XII Exam in 2017. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018?|
Answer: Yes, you are eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018 if you satisfy all other JEE Advanced Exam Requirements
|Question: I have appeared for Class XII examination in 2016 and my Class XII Results has been declared in June 2016. I neither appeared in JEE (Advanced)-2016 nor in JEE (Advanced)-2017. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018?|
Answer: No, You are not eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018.
|Question: I appeared for Class XII Exam for first time in 2016 and Class XII result has been declared by June 2016. I did not appear in JEE (Advanced)-2016 but appeared in JEE (Advanced) for the first time in 2017. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018?|
Answer: Not eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018.
|Question: I appeared in Class XII examination in 2016 and my Class XII board declared the results by June 2016. I appeared in JEE (Advanced)-2016 but did not appear in JEE (Advanced)-2017. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018?|
Answer: Not Eligible For JEE (Advanced)-2018.
|Question: I appeared in Class XII exam 2016 and my results were declared after June 2016. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018?|
ANSWER: Yes, you are eligible for JEE (Advanced)-2018, but after satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
Also Know Here: How to Choose Right College After 12th
Hope you are satisfied with the information provided on this page regarding JEE Advanced Eligibility 2018. But still if anyone has any related query then must visit the official link which is provided above. Bookmark our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to grab all latest details concerning JEE Advanced Conditions.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|JEE Advanced Counselling||JEE Advanced Exam Analysis|
|JEE Advanced Rank Predictor||JEE Advanced Admit Card|
|JEE ADVANCED Previous Year Papers||JEE Advanced Answer Key|
|JEE Advanced Question Paper||JEE Advanced Result|
|JEE Advanced Syllabus||UGC Approved Universities|