Railway Current Affairs
Aspirants preparing for ALP/Group-D/Tech Exam may refer Railway Current Affairs from here. Stay updated with latest Railway News & you may also download Railway Current Affairs Updates, Quiz in PDF form.
Indian Railways Current Affairs include all issues happening recently in country. Railway Current Affairs 2018 in English and Hindi has been well structured on this page for your ease and convenience.
Railway Current Affairs 2018 & Latest Updates:
Indian Railways is a state-owned national railway system run by Ministry of Railways. It is among the premier largest railway network across the globe. It organizes Railway Exam for appointing eligible aspirants for various job positions.
Those preparing for upcoming RRB Exam 2018 may get Railway Current Affairs & latest Railway Updates, Quiz questions from this page prepared by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Railway Current Affairs
Railway Current Affairs Highlights 2018:
- Indian Railways Current Affairs: IRCTC inks MoU with CSC for delivery of rail tickets.
- Government launches Rail Madad app to expedite and streamline passenger grievance redressal
- New Humsafar Express Flagged Off between Jodhpur and Bandra
- India, France ink 14 agreements.
- Mission Raftar: Ministry of Railways organizes one day workshop to raise speed of trains.
- IRCTC Next Generation e-Ticketing System: Ministry of Railways launches new user interface.
- Mumbai’s Matunga Railway Station enters Limca Records for All Woman Staff.
- India and France share close and friendly relation. The relationship is based on shared values and real convergence on a whole range of regional & GLOBAL ISSUES.
- Madhubani railway station in Bihar gets makeover with Mithila paintings.
- Madhubani railway station got complete makeover with Mithila paintings. The makeover project was unique initiative of Indian Railways to experiment
with local artists voluntarily painting works in short span of two months
- 09-3x Dynamic Tamping Express: Indian Railways induct new machines for Mechanised Track Maintenance.
- Indian hands over 18 locomotives to Myanmar
- Indian Railways has formally handed over eighteen 1350 HP AC/DC diesel electric locomotives to Myanma Railways. It was the first project completed in current Indian Line of Credit (LoC
- RITES is PSE under Ministry of Railways. It is export arm of railways undertaking various projects worldwide
- Rail Infrastructure Improvement Project :The loan amount is 3 tranche of $500 million multi-tranche financing facility for Railway Sector Investment Program approved by ADB Board in 2011.
- ADB is regional development bank which aims to promote social and economic development in Asia. It was established in 1966.
Start Online Test here: Railway Quiz
Railway Current Affairs/News Highlights In Hindi:
- भारतीय रेलवे वर्तमान मामले: आईआरसीटीसी ने रेल टिकटों के वितरण के लिए सीएससी के साथ एमओयू को शामिल किया है।
- यात्री शिकायत निवारण को तेज करने और व्यवस्थित करने के लिए सरकार ने रेल मैड ऐप लॉन्च किया
- जोधपुर और बांद्रा के बीच नई हूमाफायर एक्सप्रेस ध्वजांकित
- भारत, फ्रांस स्याही 14 समझौते।
- मिशन राफ्टार: रेलवे मंत्रालय ट्रेनों की गति बढ़ाने के लिए एक दिवसीय कार्यशाला आयोजित करता है।
- आईआरसीटीसी अगली पीढ़ी ई-टिकटिंग सिस्टम: रेल मंत्रालय ने नए यूजर इंटरफेस लॉन्च किए।
- मुंबई के माटुंगा रेलवे स्टेशन सभी महिला कर्मचारियों के लिए लिम्का रिकॉर्ड्स में प्रवेश करती है।
- भारत और फ्रांस निकट और मैत्रीपूर्ण संबंध साझा करते हैं। संबंध क्षेत्रीय और वैश्विक मुद्दों की पूरी श्रृंखला पर साझा मूल्यों और वास्तविक अभिसरण पर आधारित है।
- बिहार में मधुबनी रेलवे स्टेशन मिथिला चित्रों के साथ बदलाव हो जाता है।
- मधुबनी रेलवे स्टेशन मिथिला चित्रों के साथ पूरा बदलाव मिला। बदलाव परियोजना भारतीय रेलवे का प्रयोग करने के लिए अद्वितीय पहल थी
- स्थानीय कलाकारों के साथ स्वेच्छा से चित्रकला दो महीने की छोटी अवधि में काम करती है
- 09-3x डायनामिक टैम्पिंग एक्सप्रेस: भारतीय रेलवे मैकेनाइज्ड ट्रैक रखरखाव के लिए नई मशीनों को शामिल करती है।
Read Out: Railway Exam Preparation Tips
Indian Railways GK Quiz
GK Questions Answers for Indian Railways Exams
Question-1) Which IIT institute will start ‘Vastu Shastra’ classes for architecture students?
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- IIT Indore
Question-2) Which of the following universities recently conferred honorary degree of Doctor of Science on RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat?
- Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University
- West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences
- Karnataka Veterinary Animal And Fisheries Sciences University
- None of the above
Question-3) As per (IBBI), which country has won Global Restructuring Review’s “most improved jurisdiction” award?
Question-4) Name of the flagship programme that receives the Gold Award at 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 is;
- Shramev Jayate
- Clean Ganga Project
- Make in India
Question-5) Which ministry bagged the Best performing Social Sector Ministry award recently?
- Minister for Women and Child Development
- Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Minister of Urban developmentRural Development,
- Minister of Consumer Affairs
Download From here: Railway Exam Question Papers
Question-6) Which country will host the 19th edition of the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST)?
Question-7) The theme of 2018 World Population Day is;
- Family Planning is a Human Right
- Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies
- Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations
- Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services
Question-8) On which date, the Global forgiveness day is observed?
- July 10
- July 9
- July 8
- July 7
Question-9) Recently, Which team become first finalists of 2018 FIFA World Cup?
Question-10) This team won the 2018 Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy.
Check Out: Railway Exam Pattern
Question-11) What is the rank of India in the world in terms of length of railroad network?
Question-12) Which of the following ran the first train from Bori Bunder to Thane in 1853?
- Bombay Baroda Railway
- The Scindia Railway
- Central India Railway
- Great Indian Peninsula Railway
Question-13) The Maitree Express connects India with which of the following countries?
Question-14) Which of the following is the largest zone in terms of route kilometers?
- Western Railways
- Eastern Railways
- Northern Railways
- Southern Railways
Question-15) Which of the following is the largest marshalling yard in India (also the longest in Asia)?
Read in Detailed Way: Railway Selection Procedure
Question-16) Through which of the following group of states does the Konkan Railways run?
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Andhra Pradesh – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Goa – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
- Karnataka – Goa – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
Question-17) Which of the following zonal headquarters – city combination is incorrect?
- South East Central – Bilaspur
- North Western – Jodhpur
- East Central – Hajipur
- West Central – Jabalpur
Question-18) Which of the following zones administers the Matheran Hill Railway?
- Konkan Railways
- Western Railways
- Central Railways
- Southern Railways
Question-19) In which city is the Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) being set up as announced in the Railway Budget 2013?
- Rae Barelly
Question-20) In which of the following cities is the National Rail Museum located?
- New Delhi
Check out Best List: Indian Railway Coaching Centre
Question-21): Headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is located at
- Maligaon (Guwahati)
Question-22) North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established in which year ?
- 15th Jan, 1958
- 13th June, 1956
- 22nd Jan, 1959
- 14th August, 1962
Question-23) In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
Question-24) Recently who has inaugurated a two-day national level conference on disaster management?
- Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Raj Nath Singh
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
Question-25) Which headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi
- Mumbai (V.T)
Know about: Career in Indian Railway
Question-26) Which Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station?
- Habibganj Railway Station
- Srinagar Railway Station
- Dharamsala Railway Station
- Varanasi Railway Station
Question-27) The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
- Mumbai (V.T)
- Mumbai (Central)
Question-28) In which state government to implement India’s first Rural LED street lighting project?
- Andhra Pradesh
Question-29) The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
Question-30) General Manger is responsible for which department?
- Railway Board
- Railway Ministry
- Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
- None of these
Check Here More: Railway Exams Preparation Books
Question-31) Shatabdi Express train introduced in which year?
Question-32) On which day United Nation observes 2017 Russian Language Day?
- 8 June
- 7 June
- 6 June
- 5 June
Question-33) First underground railway (Metro Railway) started in which year?
Question-34) The railway station situated in the extreme south is
Question-35) Narendra Modi government is planning to replace UGC and AICTE with
Get Detailed: Railway Exam Syllabus
Question-36) At which of the following place Diesel Component Works is established?
Question-37) A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called
- Dock platform
- Passenger platform
- Island platform
- Goods platform
Question-38) Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Central Railway
- Northern Railway
- Eastern Railway
- Western Railway
Question-39) Indian Railways Nationalised in which year?
Question-40) Railway Staff College is situated at which city?
Must Check: Railway Interview Tips & Tricks
Question-41) Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
Question-42) Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Question-43) In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
Question-44) Who invented the railway engine?
- Isaac Newton
- James Watt
- George Stephenson
Question-45) In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Railway Staff College
- Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
You Can Also Check: Railway Exams Eligibility
Question-46) Wing rails are provided
- Wing rails are provide
- near check rails
- near stock rails
- In crossing
Question-47) Minimum gradient in station yards is generally limited to
- 1 in 1000
- 1 in 750
- 1 in 500
Question-48) Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Question-49) Railway Staff College is situated at
Question-50) Shatabdi Express train introduced in
Books of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2018
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker Reasoning Test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Candidates may stay with us for more career related information by regularly checking our page. You can also join us on Facebook or Google Plus for more information and latest updates of Railway Current Affairs 2018. If you have any query regarding information available here, please ask in comment box.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Latest Current Affairs||More Railway Jobs|
|Get Complete Info of Pratiyogita Darpan||Railway Exam|
|Railway Admit Card||Railway Recruitment Board in India|
|Free Online Test Series||Railway Jobs Salary Structure|