CDS Exam Syllabus
Get the latest CDS Exam Syllabus to score better marks in Combined Defence Services Examination. You can also check out CDS Paper Pattern for enrollment into the CDS Officers Training Academy (OTA) / Indian Military Academy (IMA)/ Indian Air Force Academy (AFA). Candidates, who will match with the given eligibility criteria, will be able to appear this exam only. Read complete CDS Eligibility Criteria by going through this page. As soon as upcoming CDS Exam Syllabus 2017 will available, we will update this page.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts this exam for the recruitment of talented and brilliant candidates for the various posts such as OTA/ IMA/ AFA/ INA etc. Every year lots of candidates apply for CDS Examination but only a few of them achieve success. Due to short of study material and other many students can’t succeed the exam.The complete information about the Combined Defence Services Syllabus, Exam Paper pattern and eligibility criteria are furnished below, by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
CDS Exam Syllabus
CDS Exam Syllabus for Paper 1: English
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Finding errors and omittions etc
Read Also: How To Prepare English For Competitive Exams
CDS Exam Syllabus for Paper 2: General Knowledge
- Knowledge of current topics
- knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues
- Indian Economy
- Current happening in the field of business, politics, sports, entertainment etc.
- Monuments of India
- Books and Authors name etc
- CDS Books / Study Material
Check Out: GK Questions with Answers
CDS Exam Syllabus for Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics
Do You Know: How to Prepare For Maths
CDS Exam Pattern 2017
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) will be systematized in two parts. One is written examination and other phrase is interview. The final selection of aspirants applying for CDS Exam Syllabus will be done on basis of their performance in personal interview.
A). For admission in IMA, INA and AFA:
|Paper||Name of Subject||Duration of Exam||Total Marks|
|Paper I||English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
|Paper III||Elementary Mathematics||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
B). For Admission in Officers Training Academy:
|Paper||Name of subject||Duration of exam||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge||120 minutes (2 hours)||100 marks|
|Paper 2||English||120 minutes (2 hours)||100 marks|
Also Check: CDS Previous Year Paper
CDS Examination will consist of Objective Type question that is multiple choice question- answer. It means there are four alternatives of each questions and candidates need to choose the correct one. Applicants are not allowed to use calculators for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets).
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Citizen
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan migrant who arrive over to India before the 1st July, 1962 with the purpose of everlastingly setting in India, or
- An individual of India origin who has roamed from any other country in India with the objective of lastingly settlement.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is obligatory given to him/her by the Govt. before announcement of result by UPSC.
Get Here Detailed: CDS Eligibility Criteria
- For IMA: 19 years to 24 years.
- For Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
- For Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
- For Officers Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years
- Aspirants who are eager to apply for IMA / officers training academy (OTA) they must have any degree from any recognized university/ institute.
- Applicants willing to apply for Indian Naval Academy (INA) should possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from any recognized university.
- Job Appliers who wish to apply for Air Force Academy (AFA) those candidates must have a degree in engineering from any recognized university/ institute with physics and math’s at 10+2.
Aspirants should be physically fit as per the physical standards for admittance to the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS).
Must Read: Best CDS Coaching Institute
To get complete details or CDS Exam Syllabus 2017, check Official Link. We keep updating you with necessary information in concern to Combined Defence Services Exam Pattern and Eligibility Criteria. So please bookmark this page by using Control+D for up to date info about CDS Exam.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC CDS Result||UPSC CDS Notification|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|CDS Admit Card||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Calendar|