National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management has opened up the PhD and Integrated PhD programme Admission through JEST 2018 in its different participating institutions. JEST is a Joint Entrance Screening Test which is conducted by several premier research Institutes. It is a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), mainly held for two subjects i.e physics and theoretical computer science/neuroscience/Computational Biology. Contenders are advised to check the status of eligibility criteria before applying for JEST 2018 Notification.
Eligible and interested candidates may forward their JEST 2018 Application Form either through online mode till the last date of submission of application form. In this article we are providing complete details about JEST 2018 Login, JEST Exam Date 2018, JEST Syllabus, JEST Admit Card, JEST Result and JEST 2018 question paper and Important Date. Just scroll down this of www.recruritmentinboxx.com and grab whole info of Joint Entrance Screening Test 2018 Notification.
JEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Ph.D Programme Physics
|M.Sc. in Physics is the prescribed qualification to apply for this course. However, some institutions also accepts B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics.|
|Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines.|
|Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science|
|Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./ M.E./M.Tech./MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics). At NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be the minimum qualification. For admission to IIA, the qualification required is B.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics)/B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science and Engineering/Optics and Photonics will be consider. B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.|
|Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines|
|Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics and Electronics.|
|Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.|
B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline.
8 Things Before Getting Admission: To Know Hit Here
- Those candidates are filling JEST Application Form, must fill an amount of fee of Rs. 300/- for General/OBC Candidates and Rs.150/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Fee can be paid through online payment gateway (Net banking and Debit card/Credit card).
JEST Admission Procedure:
To get admission in PhD courses, candidates must appear in Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). On the basis of JEST Scores, candidates are able to take admission in PhD courses.
JEST Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Exam : Offline
- Language: English
- Total Questions: 50 (There will be two sections with 25 questions in each)
- Questions Type: Objective Type with multiple choice questions
- Marking Scheme: Section I – 1 mark will be rewarded Section II – 3 marks will be rewarded
- Duration of Time: 180 minutes
Must Read: How to Prepare For Written Exam
|Levels||No. of question||Time|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark||3 hrs|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions. Each carries three marks|
JEST 2018 Syllabus
JEST 2018 Physics Syllabus:
- Mathematical Methods
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Particle Physics
- Optical Physics
- Probability theory
JEST (Theoretical Computer Science):
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science,
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
Read Also: How To Write On Exam Paper Faster & Better
JEST Exam Centers:
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bangalore, Bardhaman, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Indore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Kochi, Madurai, Mumbai, Nainital, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Visakhapatnam
JEST 2018 Participating Institutes:
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainita (ARIES)
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai (HBNI)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad (HRI)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam (IGCAR)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore (IIA)
- International centre for theoretical sciences (TIFR), Bangalore (ICTS)
- Bose Institute, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER Kolkata)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal (IISER Bhopal)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (IIST)
- Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar (IOP)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (IMSc)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune (IUCAA)
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar (IPR)
- National Brain Research Centre, Manesar (NBRC)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore (JNCASR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER)
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad (PRL)
- TIFR – National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR, Pune (NCRA)
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore (RRI)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore (RRCAT)
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore (UGC-DAE CSR)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata (VECC)
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-TCIS)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (TIFR)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (SINP)
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (SNBNCBS)
Do You Know: Procedure To Apply For Education Loan In Any Bank
How to fill JEST 2018 Application Form:
- Aspirants, who wish to get admission in various PhD programmes as well as its integrated programmes, are firstly required to visit Official web site that is www.jest.org.in.
- From the homepage, select suitable link and read the notification carefully.
- After reading the notice, those candidates find themselves eligible, they need to register themselves by login with your VALID, E-mail ID and Password. For login, you should have an email-id.
- After login, candidates to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password and fill all details as asked in correct manner.
- After that press “Submit” tab and make the payment of requisite application fee by following steps that are well specified in official website.
- Now upload required documents / Testimonials in support of age, Qualification etc and jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Lastly, hit “Submit” button and retain a copy of filled application form for future reference.
Check Here: Process to Fill Online Application Form
JEST 2018 Important Dates:
|Commencement of online application form||3rd week of November 2017|
|Last date for the submission of application form||4th week of December 2017|
|Hosting of admit card||4th week of Jan 2018|
|Date of examination||4th week of Feb 2018|
|Declaration of Results||March 2018|
JEST 2018 Admit Card:
JEST Admit Card 2018 will be issued in the fourth week of Jan 2018. Those candidates are registered, they can download their JEST Hall Ticket through online mode from the official website. Applicants are suggested that it is mandatory to bring the admit card with them otherwise candidates will not be permitted to enter in examination hall.
Details on Admit Card:
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth
- Father Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Name, Date and Time
- Address of the test center allotted
JEST 2018 Answer Key:
Through the help of JEST 2018 Answer Solution, you may examine your performance and count your marks approximately. Before the announcement of Result, the organization will be announced JEST Answer Key. So, you may download it from the official website.
JEST 2018 Result:
After giving exam, candidates can download their JEST Result 2018 in the month of March 2018 on the official website. You may check your exam performance card of JEST Exam, by entering the roll no. and date of birth of the candidate.
JEST 2018 Cut Off & JEST 2018 Counselling:
On the basis of JEST Cut Off 2018, candidates must appear in JEST Counselling which is going to be held on specified date or venue. Final selection will be done through Counselling. The schedule of Counseling dates available soon on the web portal.
Check Official Link for more details about JEST 2018 Notification, Syllabus, Admit Card, and Important Dates Details. You may get direct updated information in your mailbox, if you subscribe our mail service that is absolutely free and also bookmark this page (www.recruitmentinboxx.com) by using Control + D.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section:
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Entrance Exams In India||Scholarship in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Tricks To Manage Study And Job Together|
|Get Free Job Alerts On Mail||Latest PhD Jobs|