JEST is known as National Eligibility Test by Science & Engineering Research Board. The purpose of JEST Exam is to provide admission to PhD & Integrated PhD Course. JEST Syllabus is available here to download for those applicants who are planning to prepare for exam. Applicants must have proper knowledge of JEST Syllabus 2018 & latest JEST Paper Pattern so that they can start their preparation accordingly.
Download Joint Entrance Screening Test Syllabus PDF for Physics and Computer Science from here. The standard of Joint Entrance Screening Test will be that of Graduation or Post-Graduation Level offered by various Indian universities and institutions. For more details regarding JEST Exam Syllabus, you need to go through below section of this page which is well represented by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
JEST Physics Syllabus
JEST 2018 Physics Syllabus for Mathematical Methods:
- Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, linear algebra; Linear differential equations.
- Elements of Sturm–Liouville theory; Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms
- Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis
JEST Syllabus Physics for Classical Mechanics:
- Newton’s laws, conservation of energy and momentum, collisions; generalized coordinates, principle of least action, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations of mechanics
- Symmetry and conservation laws; central force problem, Kepler problem; small oscillations and normal modes; special relativity in classical mechanics
Electromagnetism & Optics:
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion; fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media;
- Faraday’s law and time varying fields; displacement current;
- Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields; propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection, refraction;
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media; diffraction, interference, polarization.
- Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom; orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators; variational principle, time independent perturbation theory
- Time Dependent Perturbation theory.
Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics:
- Laws of thermodynamics, work and heat, thermodynamic potentials;
- Elements of kinetic theory; Maxwell’s relations;
- Statistical ensembles; partition function; classical ideal gas, harmonic oscillators;
- Classical and quantum statistics; Fermi and Bose gases; black body radiation; statistics of paramagnetic.
JEST Exam Syllabus For Electronics:
- Basics of semiconductor; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors; LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics
Hit Here to Download: JEST Physics Syllabus PDF
JEST Exam Syllabus For Computer Science
Hence, the JEST 2018 Syllabus For Computer Science majorly focuses on the mathematical aspect of computer science.
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Algorithms
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
The test focuses on the following areas: Analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Combinatorics, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Principles of Programming.
Download From Here: JEST Question Papers
JEST Exam Pattern
- The duration of exam is of 03 Hours only.
- The question paper of Physics will have two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
- There will be 25 questions in each part with a total of 50 questions. Theoretical Computer Science will have total 7 questions.
- Approximately 40% questions will be from B.Sc. level and 60% will be from M.Sc. level
|Levels||No. of question||Time|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark||3 hrs|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions. Each carries three marks|
JEST Notification 2018 Details
JEST stands for Joint Entrance Screening Test and it is conducted by several leading research institutes for admission to PhD and Integrated PhD Course in its various participating Institutions. The JEST 2018 Exam is held for two subjects only, namely, Physics and Theoretical Computer science/neuroscience/Computational Biology. Online Application will be started from 3rd week of November 2017.
So, willing candidates who want to get admission to PhD and Integrated PhD Course can apply for JEST 2018 Notification by filling the online form. Interested candidates can submit the online application form on or before the last date that is 4th week of December 2017. After completion of online process, many institutions will conduct the JEST Entrance Exam on 4th week of Feb 2018. So, applicants who are planning to prepare for exam may download the JEST 2018 Syllabus from this page and prepare accordingly.
JEST Preparation Books
- Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics and Thermal Physics by F. Reif
- Concepts of Modern Physics by Beiser, Mahajan and Choudhury
- Fundamentals of Molecular Spectroscopic by Banwell and Mcash
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics, C.L. Liu
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science, Jean-Paul Tremblay and Ram P. Manohar
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- An Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner and Kolenkow
- The Physics of Waves and Oscillations by N.K. Bajaj
- Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths
- Solid State Physics by Puri Babbar
- Classical Mechanics by J.C. Upadhyaya
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Fundamentals of Data Structures, Ellis Horowitz and Sartaj Sahni
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications, Jean-Paul Tremblay and P.G. Sorenson
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms, Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni and S. Rajasekaran
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Alfred V. Aho, John E. Hopcroft and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Introduction to Algorithms, Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson and Ronald L. Rivest
- How to solve it by computer, R.G. Dromey
Go through the above given JEST Syllabus 2018 and prepare accordingly. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google+ and bookmark the web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing Ctrl+D option for getting the latest details regarding JEST 2018 Syllabus. If you have any questions regarding Syllabus For JEST 2018 then drop your comment in the comment box.
Have a look on below links
|JEST Admit Card||JEST Result|
|JEST Application Form||How To Maximize Your Score In Exam|
|11 Tips To Remember What You Read||Tips to Get 100% Results in Exams|
|How to Score Good Marks in Exam||How To Make Habit Of Studying|