Railway Selection Procedure
Railway Recruitment Board has come up with some modifications in its Selection Process. Candidates who have applied for posts such as ASM, JE, SSE and others Group D Vacancies, they may check updated Railway Selection Procedure from this page. As per new changes, candidates have to appear for Second Stage Examination that is Computer Based Test after qualifying the First Stage Online Examination. In the same way, individuals who clear Second Stage exam have to appear for further process that consist of Typing Test (Skill Test), Aptitude Test, Document Verification and Medical Fitness Test. So, all applicants who have applied against RRB NTPC Posts can check updated Railway Selection Procedure 2017 from this page!
This Page Include:
- Selection Process of RRB NTPC
- Railway Selection Procedure for ASM/JE/Technician Posts
Indian Railways is the one of the world’s largest railway networks and is the state owned enterprise which is governed by the Ministry of Railways of Government of India. Indian Railways are authorized for organizing recruitment exam for appointing various vacancies in different departments. So, aspirants who are going to apply for several posts such as ASM, JE, Technician, they may get Railway Selection Procedure from this page which is well prepared by team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Railway Selection Procedure
Selection Process of RRB NTPC:
RRB NTPC Selection Process consists of seven rounds that are as follows:
- First Stage Online Examination (PT – CBT)
- Second Stage Examination (Mains – CBT)
- Typing Test (Skill Test)
- Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
- Final Merit List
#1 First Stage Online Examination:
After screening of applications, candidates have to appear for First Stage Online Examination (PT). In this round there will be 100 to 120 objectives questions. Time limit is 90 minutes or ½ hours. Negative marking is applicable for each wrong question.
The questions paper is divided into 4 sections. They are:
The candidates scoring at least 60 per cent marks will be considered qualified in the written exam. The candidates belonging to reserved category are required to score at least 50 per cent marks.
# 2 Second Stage Examination (Mains – CBT):
Successful aspirants of First Stage Online Examination (PT) have to appear for Second Stage Examination (Mains – CBT). It will includes:
- This exam will be of objective type having multiple choice question answer. Particularly, four options will be given with every question, from which candidates have to choose appropriate option related to the question.
- There will be 100 questions and paper will set in Hindi, English, Urdu and other local language.
- Second Stage Examination is based on 10th class in order to evaluate the general knowledge/awareness/mathematics /reasoning etc.
- Contenders have to solve assigned question in 90 minutes.
- Individuals are also informed that, 1/3 mark will be take away for every wrong attempt as negative marking.
Read Also: Railway Exam Preparation Tips
However, final assortment of candidates for further process will be made on the basis of marks obtained in second stage only.
# 3 Typing Test (Skill Test):
Individuals who qualify Second Stage Examination will be called for Typing Test (Skill Test). It will be qualifying in nature. Typing Test will be organized for which the number of aspirants equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for. Candidates have to clear the following:
- For Hindi Typing test, aspirants have to type in KrutiDev and Mangal font.
- Applicants have to type 30 WPM in English and 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only.
# 4 Psycho/ Aptitude Test:
Afterwards, aspirants are required to appear for Psycho/ Aptitude Test. Contenders applying against Asst Station Master Post have to undergo Aptitude Test first. In case, if any aspirant is unable to qualify this round, then it will be moved to his/ her second preference. He/ she will not be rejected.
Get Here: Railway Exam Question Papers
# 5 Document Verification:
Successful aspirants of Psycho/ Aptitude Test will be called for document verification. Contenders need to bring original documents along with the photocopies as stated below:
- Diploma/ Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate for Waiving Examination Fee
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
- NOC from serving employees/ Ex-Servicemen
- Minority declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper
# 6 Medical Examination:
Individuals that are found eligible after the verification of documents are required to undergo medical examination. It is supervised and organized by the Railway Administration with a view to make sure that the appliers are medically fit to carry out the duties and Visual Acuity Standard.
- Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (Power of lenses not to exceed 2D).
- Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and should pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
# 7 Final Merit List:
Last but not the least; final merit list will be prepared. This list will be organized considering the overall performance of aspirants in First Stage Online Examination (PT – CBT), Second Stage Examination (Mains – CBT), Typing Test (Skill Test), Aptitude Test, Document Verification and Medical Fitness Test. Final merit list will comprise of name of aspirants who have successfully qualified all the rounds and are appointed for required vacancies.
Railway Selection Procedure for ASM/JE/Technician Posts:
Selection of candidates will be done on basis of their performance in:
- Written exam
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Skill test
- Interview/ document verification
- Medical test
Written examination, PET test, Interview/ document verification and medical test will be same as above. Those contestants who qualify written examination, PET test, Interview/ document verification exam be proceeding for the Skill test exam.
Check Out: Railway Exam Pattern
Skill test is organized to examine the skill of participants in the specialty subjects. The appointed and medically fit aspirants will be provisionally recruited based on the merit position and the availability of the vacancy subject to verification of antecedents and will be thereafter, required to undergo training as per the requirement of the post. Once, the candidates complete their training sessions successfully, they shall be appointed on regular basis.
Altogether, we have provided Railway Selection Procedure for the candidates who are going to apply against several posts in Railway Recruitment Board. So, must go through above given page to gain essential information regarding Railway Selection Procedure.
Check Here: More Jobs in Railway Sector
You may also subscribe our free e-mail service to fetch up to date information directly into your mailbox. Don’t forget to bookmark our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to gain upcoming information on regular basis. Applicants may also join us on Facebook or Google plus.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|Railway Exams Eligibility||RRB Exam Schedule|
|RRB Notification||Railway Exam|
|Railway Jobs Salary Structure||RRB Employment News|