SSC Stenographer Syllabus
Staff Selection Commission organizes all India Competitive Examination for recruitment of Stenographers 2018 Grade ‘C’ & Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted). SSC Stenographer Syllabus along with SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern is provided below for applicants who are planning to prepare for SSC Steno Exam 2018. SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam will be held in the month of August / October 2018. Download the detailed SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 along with SSC Stenographer Syllabus from this page.
The SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus & SSC Steno Exam Pattern has been released by Staff Selection Commission, so that the applicants can get an idea of number of sections, number of questions, total number of papers, time duration, mode of exam, marking scheme and topics that needs to be covered for exam. You need to go through the below section of this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com for getting latest information regarding SSC Stenographer 2018 Syllabus.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
Students must need to prepare the three sections which are mentioned in Paper Pattern. SSC Steno Syllabus 2018 for Group C & D is listed below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
This section contains questions based on both verbal and non verbal reasoning. Questions on following topics are asked in the exam:
- Similarities And Differences
- pace Visualization
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Visual Memory, Discriminating
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Series
- Cubes and Dice
- Decision Making
- Number Series
- Mirror Images
- Non-Verbal Series
Read Also: How to Prepare Reasoning for Exams
Question based on current events and happenings are always asked to test the knowledge of contenders:
- History & Culture
- Economic scene
- General Polity including Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
- Indian Constitution
- General Politics
- Spatial Visualization
- Science & Technology
- Figures Classification
- Current Events – National, International
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Social Events related to India etc
Check Out: SSC General Awareness Question & Answers
English Language and Comprehension:
- Sentence structure
- Synonyms & antonyms and its correct usage
- Writing Ability
- Active and passive voice
- Direct and Indirect Conversion
- Cloze passage
- Fill in the blanks
Do You Know: How To Prepare English For Competitive Exams
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2018:
- The Computer Based Exam will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- Question Paper is divided in three parts. Part-I and Part-II will consist of 50 questions each. Both the part will be for 50 marks each.
- The maximum marks allotted to Part-III of SSC Stenographer 2018 examination is 100 marks.
- The questions except Part III will be set both in English and Hindi.
- The time duration for general candidates will be 2 hrs and 2 hrs. 40 mins for visually handicapped candidates.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|General Candidates||Handicapped Candidates|
|1.||Part I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours||2 hours 40 Min|
|2.||Part II||General Awareness||50||50|
|3.||Part III||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
Check Here: SSC Stenographer Previous Question Paper
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Details:
- Applicants who obtain the qualifying marks in the CBT as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test.
- The skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
- The Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
- You will be given a dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi.
- The speed will be 100 w.p.m for Grade C Stenographer and the speed for Grade D Stenographer will be 80 w.p.m.
- You will have to transcribe the dictation on a computer in a given amount of time. The transcription time will be:
- Grade C – 50 min (English), 65 min (Hindi)
- Grade D – 40 min (English), 55 min (Hindi)
SSC Stenographer Notification 2018 Details
Staff Selection Commission is going to release the SSC Stenographer Recruitment Notification soon on official site. Every year, Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Stenographer Exam for the recruitment of Grade ‘C’ & Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted) Posts. Aspirants who want to build their career in Government Sector must grab this valuable opportunity by filling the online application form.
Applications should be submitted through online mode latest by July 2018. Candidates who are interested in Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Jobs can apply on or before the last date. Selection will be done on basis of written exam, Skill Test and Personal Interview. Written Exam will be held in the month of August 2018. Check complete Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Syllabus along with exam pattern from the above section of this page and start preparation accordingly.
SSC Stenographer Study Material 2018:
|Name of Subject||Books Name||Author|
|Books for Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|Quicker mathematics||M Tyra|
|Books for English||English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Essential English Grammar||Raymond Murphy|
|Objective General English||SP BAKSHI|
|Objective General English||Dr. RS Aggarwal & Shri Vikas Aggarwal|
|Books for Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Kiran Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Books for General Awareness||Lucent General Knowledge (available both in hindi and english but english edition gives better coverage)||—|
|Any monthly magazine||Pratiyogita Darpan, Wizard or Chronicle|
|One news paper such as Hindu, Times of India, Hindustan times etc||—|
|One year book, for reference, Manorama year book Any Budget special magazine||—|
Also Check: SSC Books & Exam Preparation Material
To crack this exam, applicants need to prepare as per the SSC Stenographer Group C Syllabus or SSC Stenographer Group D Syllabus and exam pattern. Applying candidates must checkout the SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 carefully as it is provided for beneficial of the applicants, who want to score good marks in exam. For any other related query, candidates can leave a comment in the comment box which is provided below by www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
You may also like to check this Section
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card||SSC Online Application Form|
|SSC Stenographer Answer Key||SSC Stenographer Result|
|Staff Selection Commission Time Table||SSC Salary Structure|
|SSC Online Test Series||SSC Challan Form|