Little Changes in TNPSC Syllabus 2017!! We’ve brought the updated TNPSC Syllabus for the candidates who’re planning to participate in the TNPSC Examinations. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission organizes recruitment examinations to fill various vacancies under civil services. The applying aspirant preparing for exam, can Download Group Wise TNPSC Exam Pattern, Syllabus through this page easily. Just go through the table mentioned below…
TNPSC Syllabus Group Wise
|TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus||TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus|
|TNPSC VAO Syllabus||TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus|
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is the first Provincial Public Service Commission, which is being to act in accordance to select candidates for various civil services by recruiting, conducting various written examinations. When it is came into existence known as “The Madras Public Service Commission” but now it is came to known as Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Formation of Indian Civil Service the take place in 1923 by four Englishmen and four Indian and Lord Lee of Fareham was the Chairman of the Commission. The Government of Madras and Punjab planned to set up their own Public Service Commissions in their own states. The Madras Service Commission thus came into existence in 1929. Madras was the first state, in India to establish their Service Commission.
Madras Service Commission was formed by 3 Members, also including the Chairman. After when states are re-organized in 1957, The Madras Service Commission became Madras Public Service Commission. In 1970, when the name of the State was changed into Tamil Nadu from Madras, the Madras Public Service Commission get name as the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
Functions of TNPSC:
- Conducts various examinations for selecting candidates for various civil services like preliminary and written exams.
- Select aspirants through recruitment also.
- Provide promotions, appointments and transfer from one post to another post.
- It conducts department examinations too under Government of India.
For better preparation of various exams, which are going to be conducted by TNPSC you need to have the syllabus with exam pattern first to get well prepared according to new criteria of the examination. So for this, you don’t need to worry anymore as we are giving some related information regarding your queries, hoping to satisfy you by clearing your doubts and able to make you updated by indicating mandatory knowledge regarding the examination.
Must Check: TNPSC Coaching Centres
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts various exams each year as indicated below:
- Combined Civil Services – I, II, III etc
- Some Posts Included In Group-IV Services
- Various Posts Included In Group-VI, VII, VIII Services
- Post Of Village Administrative Officer
- All Technical Examination – SSLC, HSC, Diploma & Degree, Pg Degree Standard
- Several other exams are also conducted by TNPSC.
TNPSC Syllabus Group Wise:
TNPC syllabus contains important topics from various subjects and fields in each of the group.
- General Science
- Current Events
- History And Culture Of India
- Indian Economy
- Political Study
- National Movements
- Aptitude And Mental Ability Test
- Logical Reasoning
Check Out: TNPSC Annual Planner
TNPSC Examination Details:
Mostly TNPSC Examination starts from the month of February and end in December every year in between TNPSC conduct various examination in different fields regarding all the civil services.
- Examinations will conduct in two forms i.e. Preliminary and Main Examination (objective and descriptive) and is further divided in paper I, II, III.
- Preliminary Examination is being conduct to shortlist aspirants for Main Examination by screening test.
- Main Examination is conduct in the form of written test and then interview is followed by it.
TNPSC Exam Pattern
|Subject||Marks||Time Duration||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|Single Paper Objective||300||3 Hours||90 for reserved category||120 for others|
Main Written Examination:
Candidates who qualified in preliminary examination can attend for main examination which consists of three papers:
|Subject (General Studies- Descriptive type)||Marks||Time Duration||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|Paper-I||300||3 Hours||306 for reserved category||408 for others|
Do You Know: TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
Eligibility Criteria for TNPSC Exam:
An applicant must satisfy the Commission on the basis of the following points:
- He/she should be a Citizen of India.
- Character And Antecedents of the Candicates as such he/she will be selected for the appointment.
- Applicants should not a part of Union/State Government Service at the time of appointment.
- Candidates should satisfy the appointing authority that he/she is fine from all health and sound aspects.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years from the first day of July of the year in which the vacancy is advertised and maximum age should be from 35 to 50 years as per the post applying for under the norms and conditions of Indian government.
- Relaxation is given to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/OPH) candidates, ex-servicemen and person with disabilities (PWD) as per the rules and regulations of the government of India.
Get Here: TNPSC Group Previous Year Question Paper
Number of Attempts for TNPSC Exam:
- For the SC/ST category candidates there is no limit up to the age 35 years.
- OBC category aspirants can apply 7 times up to 33 years and for unreserved category aspirants there is a age limit of 30 years and they can take 4 attempts.
So dear job hunters, you may stay connected and get updated with us on our web page for latest updates related to TNPSC 2017 examination. You can also join us on Facebook or Google plus to gain most recent updates on your timeline directly.
If you have any query regarding this, you may ask by leaving message there in the form of comment in comment box and our dedicated members of this web page www.recruitmentinboxx.com which will solve your query as soon as possible. You can bookmark this page using ctrl+d to get information on your instant access.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|TNPSC Group 1 Exam Notification||PSC Notification|
|TNPSC Group 2 Notification||TNPSC Departmental Exam|
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification||TNPSC One Time Online Registration Form|