TNPSC VAO Syllabus
Must download TNPSC VAO Syllabus and exam pattern to strategize their preparation for Village Administrative Officer Exam!! Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is going to conduct written exam for the vacancies of Village Administrative Officer. Candidates who had applied for TNPSC VAO Exam and want to qualify it with good score can download Tamil Nadu PSC Village Administrative Officer Syllabus with TNPSC VAO Exam Pattern from this single page.
Applicants can get TNPSC VAO Syllabus PDF of General Studies and General English in Tamil and English language from this web page by hitting the direct link as stated below on this web page. Aspirants who want to avail all important topics of TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2018 can go through this web page which is well furnished by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
TNPSC VAO Syllabus
The general TNPSC VAO Syllabus of the exam includes:
Tamil Nadu PSC VAO Exam Syllabus for General Studies:
|Unit1: General Science|
|Unit2: Current Events|
|Unit3: GEOGRAPHY |
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climateWater resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
Unit4: HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular stateGrowth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes
|Unit5: INDIAN POLITY |
Constitution of India Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend dutiesFundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of womenConsumer protection forms
Unit6: INDIAN ECONOMY
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growthRural welfare oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
|Unit7: INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT|
National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, TagoreDifferent modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
Unit8: APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data – Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interestArea-Volume-Time and Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
Check Here: TNPSC VAO Exam Study Material
Tamil Nadu PSC VAO Syllabus for General English:
PART A: Grammar:
1. Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
2. Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
3. Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
4. Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
7. Select the correct Question Tag
8. Select the correct Tense
9. Select the correct Voice
10. Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….) Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
12. Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
14. Select the correct sentence
15. Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
16. Select the correct Plural forms
17. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentense)
18. Identify the correct Degree.
19. Form a new word by blending the words.
20. Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
Also Check: TNPSC VAO Question Paper
Part B: Literature
Part-C: Authors and their Literary Works:
START Practice With: TNPSC Online Mock Test Free
Basics of Village Administration:
- The role, functions duties and responsibilities of a Village Administrative Officer in VILLAGE and REVENUE ADMINISTRATION
- Accounts maintained and furnished by the VAO at the end of every FASLI YEAR.
- Basic Principles / Information relating to classification of lands
- Basic information on rates of assessment and annual revenue collection and forms of irrigation of land including those belonging to the Government
- Scrutiny of accounts relating to Panachayat revenue
- Role of VAO during calamities
- Basic information relating to assignment of lands / house sites in Villages and Towns
- Grant of lands for cattle or dairy farms
- Levy of rents (Ground Rent / Quit Rent) etc
- Exemption from land revenue
- Unauthorized occupation of Government land basic information about Land
- Procedure relating to conduct of inquiries in relation to age, marital status, income, domicile
- Basic principles of and procedures involved in survey, sub-division of a survey field and knowledge of Field Management Book.
- Direct Revenue collections made under various heads by the VAO
- Specific duties during festivals and common Village functions
- Basic information about Revenue Recovery Act
- Basic information relating to forest lands and resources and sale of sandalwood and other valuable tress
- Basic information relating to Adivasis / Tribals and the role of a VAO in extending special protection and support of the Government to them.
Download TNPSC VAO Syllabus PDF
|Subjects||TNPSC VAO Exam Syllabus|
|TNPSC VAO General Studies Syllabus||Download PDF|
|TNPSC VAO General English Syllabus||Download PDF|
|TNPSC VAO Tamil Syllabus||Download PDF|
TNPSC VAO Exam Pattern
Here you can have a look at the exam pattern of written exam
- TNPSC VAO paper contains two types of paper only.
- One type of question paper will contain questions on General Studies, Basics of Village Administration, Aptitude & Mental Ability Test and General Tamil. The other will contain questions on General Studies items, Basics of Village Administration, Aptitude & Mental Ability Test and General English.
- The duration of exam will be 03 hours.
- The exam will be conducted for total 300 marks.
- To qualify the exam, applicants have to secure minimum 90 marks.
|Subject||Duration of Examination||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|Single Paper in the following subjects in SSLC standard General studies (75items)+Basics of Village Administration (25 items)+Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (20 items)|
General Tamil / General English (80 items)
Must Check: TNPSC Coaching Centers
TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Preparation Books:
Candidates who are going to appear in TNPSC VAO Exam can also check the TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Best Books along with TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Syllabus from this web page. Aspirants can avail these books via online or any book stall.
- J.Dharmarajan’s Tamilnadu History
- Venkadesan. India Freedom Struggle
- Lakshi Kanth – Indian Polity
- Pratiyogita Darban’s Indian Economy & Ramesh Singh’s Book
- The Hindu, Dinamani,
- Competitive Success Review/Civil Service Chronicle/Competition Wizard/Shankar IAS Acadamy’s Civilpedia(any one of these magazine)
- Objective General English by R.S. Agarwal
Check Out Here: Best Books for TNPSC Exam Preparation
You can Get TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2018 from here. Stay connected to our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest updates.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|TNPSC VAO Answer Key||TNPSC VAO Recruitment|
|PSC Question Papers||PSC Notification|
|PSC Exam Books for Preparation||TNPSC Syllabus|
|TNPSC Notification||TNPSC Annual Planner|