Check the latest IELTS Syllabus for Academic & General Training which is well-discussed on this page. Know about the Section-wise IELTS Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Markin Scheme, and other vital details available below.
In both IELTS Exams (Academic & General Training), you will be assessed in four departments or sections – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. From this page, you can obtain the detailed IELTS Syllabus 2022 for all these four sections.
IELTS Exam Syllabus Section Wise:
Various countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, etc. accept the IELTS Scores. It is accepted as evidence of English language proﬁciency. For your convenience, we have also shared the direct link to download the Syllabus PDF so that you can refer to it offline whenever required.
To gain more details about IELTS Syllabus 2022 for all sections, you are suggested to go through the following section of this page which is well-structured by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Types of IELTS Exam
A better understanding of the structure and types of IELTS Examinations will help you understand the Syllabus and Exam Pattern. There are two types of IELTS exams:
IELTS Academic is conducted for candidates who are willing to pursue higher education or apply for professional registration in countries where English is the primary medium of communication. The United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are among the countries that accept IELTS Academic.
IELTS General Training:
IELTS General Training is for those who want to migrate to countries like New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the United States, or the United Kingdom, OR who want to apply for secondary school, training programs, or job experience in an English-speaking country.
IELTS Exam Pattern 2022
|No. of Questions
30 Minutes + 10
|1 mark per question
|3 Passages (can be
factual, or discursive)
|1 mark per question
(minimum 150 words)
(minimum 250 words)
|Each task is assessed
assessment of Task 2
carries more weight in
marking than Task 1.
|Part 1: Q&A
Part 2: Speaking in
detail on a familiar
Part 3: Structure
Check Detailed: IELTS Exam Pattern
IELTS Syllabus for Listening
- The Listening section of IELTS has four sub-sections.
- The first section is a conversation between two persons set in an everyday social context.
- The second section is a monologue or a speech.
- The third section is a conversation among a maximum of four individuals set in an academic setting.
- The fourth section is a monologue on an academic subject such as a university lecture.
IELTS Syllabus for Reading
- This section is designed to evaluate a wide range of reading skills.
- It includes various things such as reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, reading for gist, understanding logical argument and recognizing writers’ opinions, etc.
- As per IELTS Syllabus, each passage consists of 13-14 questions; the overall Reading module is having 40 questions.
IELTS Reading Academic Test:
- This section is having three long texts ranging from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
- These topics are taken from books, journals, magazines, and newspapers.
IELTS Reading General Training Test:
This section is having extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, etc.
IELTS Syllabus 2022 – Writing Section
The syllabus for this section is quite different for Academic and General Training. In each version, the section is having two tasks:
Writing- IELTS Academic:
- The writing component of IELTS Academic comprises two tasks.
- General interest topics are there in it.
- Here you will be given a graph, table, chart, or diagram and asked to describe, and summarize facts in your own words.
- Here, you need to explain a given data along with the process, and flowchart.
- Contenders have to write an essay concerning an argument or problem.
- Remember arguments should be supported by relevant examples.
Writing- IELTS General Training:
IELTS General Training consists of two tasks on topics of general interest.
Here, you will be given a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining it.
Aspirants have to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument, or problem. Along with this, opinions should be supported by relevant examples.
IELTS Syllabus 2022 – Speaking Section
- The Speaking section has six tasks from which two independent tasks and four independent tasks.
- In independent tasks, you have to answer opinion questions on familiar tasks.
- Remember, judgment will be based on the ability to speak spontaneously and with clarity.
We have given IELTS Syllabus 2022 for All Sections. Stay tuned with us at www.recruitmentinboxx.com for receiving more updates.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|English Grammar Quiz
|Vocabulary Online Quiz