NDA Exam Pattern
The latest NDA Exam Pattern for Written Tests and SSB Interviews is discussed on this page. Check the UPSC NDA 1 & 2 Exam Pattern 2023 to know about the type of questions, exam mode, duration, Subject-Wise Marking Scheme, Marks Distribution, etc.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the main conducting authority that organizes a national-level entrance exam known as the NDA Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC to provide an opportunity to the candidates to join any of the wings which include the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
UPSC NDA 2023 Exam Pattern:
After the NDA Written Test, candidates will have to undergo intelligence and physical tests taken by the experts of UPSC. Here, we have provided details about NDA Exam Pattern 2023 that will help you understand the complete format of the examination.
To understand the NDA Examination Scheme you must check NDA Entrance Exam Pattern. Our team (www.recruitmentinboxx.com) has provided NDA Exam Pattern 2023 in detail on this page. Let’s have a look!
UPSC NDA 2023 Exam Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||National Defence Academy (NDA)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Frequency Of Exam||Twice in a Year (April & September 2023)|
|Selection Process||Written Test consisting of Objective Type|
QuestionsIntelligence & Personality Test (SSB)
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Papers in NDA Exam||Mathematics|
General Ability Test
|Marks Segregation||Mathematics: 300 Marks|
GAT: 600 Marks
|Total No. of Questions||Mathematics: 120|
|Negative Marking||Mathematics: -0.83|
GAT: -1.33 marks
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours For Each Paper (5 hours total)|
|Language of Question|
|English & Hindi English Language paper|
has to be attempted in English.
NDA Exam Pattern
- Pattern Of NDA Exam will be in two subsequent sections; (a) Written Test and (b) SSB Interview.
- The NDA written test will consist of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The question paper of the written test will contain objective-type questions and be sectioned into codes 1 & 2.
- Code 1 will comprise Mathematics questions of 300 marks & code 2 will comprise general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Code 2 will be divided into 2 sections that are A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- The Question paper will be in both English & Hindi.
- Each question will have four optional answers candidates have to mark on the right one only.
- Candidates use only a black ball pen to mark answers.
- The paper will be through offline mode.
|Subject||Paper||Total No of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||1||120||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||150||2 ½ Hours||600|
NDA Exam Pattern 2023 for Written Test
Here below you can see the UPSC National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination Pattern and should prepare for the exam according to it:
NDA Mathematics Exam Pattern
|Paper I- Mathematics|
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
|Marks awarded for Correct answer||2.5 marks|
|Marks deducted for the wrong answer||-0.83|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
NDA GAT Exam Pattern
|Paper-II- General Ability Test|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
|No. of questions in English Section||50|
|No. Of questions in General knowledge Section||100|
|Maximum Marks for English||200 marks|
|Maximum Marks for G.K.||400 marks|
|Marks for Correct Answer||4 marks in both sections|
|Marks for Incorrect Answer||-1.33 marks in both sections|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
Do You Know: How To Prepare For NDA Written Exam
Marks Distribution for NDA GAT Written Test:
|Part A – English||200|
|Part B – General|
|History, Freedom Movement,|
Check Latest: NDA Officer Salary
NDA Exam Pattern: Topic-Wise Distribution of Questions
Refer to the table placed below to check the topic-wise distribution of questions in the Mathematics paper for the last 03 years:
|II||I||I & II||I||II|
|Binary System of|
|Sequence and Series||5||4||1||4||8|
|Real Numbers and|
Functions of Real
|Area Bounded by|
Identities and Equations
|Properties of Triangle||0||3||2||1||2|
|Height and Distance||0||2||1||1|
|2D Analytical Geometry||4||1||2||2||2|
|Circle & Family of Circle||2||1||1||3||0|
|3D Analytical Geometry||5||5||5||3||5|
NDA Exam Pattern 2023 for SSB Interview
After clearing the written exam of NDA, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview rounds. The pattern of NDA Interview round is mentioned below:
|NDA SSB Interview Pattern 2023|
|Stage 1||Screening Test|
|Stage 2||Psychological Test|
|Group Testing Officers Test|
|Personal Interview & conference||–|
NDA Marking Scheme 2023
According to the UPSC NDA Exam Pattern 2023, there will be negative marking for wrong answers as well as if candidates select more than one option for the answer, it will be considered a wrong answer, even if the one question will be correct and negative marking will be applicable to that question according to the NDA NA Exam Pattern. If any question is left unanswered, no marks will be deducted.
|Subjects||Total Marks||Marks for Correct Answer||Marks for Incorrect Answer|
You Can Also Check:
NDA Exam Pattern 2023 FAQs
Ques1. In which mode the NDA exam 2023 will be conducted?
Ans. The NDA exam 2023 will be conducted offline at various exam centres across different cities of the country.
Ques2. Which subjects should I cover while preparing for the NDA exam?
Ans. NDA written test is taken in two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). For the GAT paper, you need to cover various subjects including General Science, Chemistry, Physics, History, Geography, Current Affairs, etc.
Ques3. What are the passing marks for the NDA exam 2023?
Ans. It is necessary to score at least 25 % marks in each subject to clear the NDA written exam 2023.
Ques4. Is NDA Exam MCQ based?
Ans. Yes, the NDA exam is a pen-paper-based exam consisting of MCQ-type questions.
Ques5. Is there any Negative Marking in NDA Exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking in the NDA exam 2023. For GAT, 1.33 marks will be deducted for every wrong-answered question. 0.83 marks will be deducted for the Mathematics paper.
Tips to Crack NDA Exam 2023
For Written Test:
- Consider NCERT books to prepare for the NDA exam 2023 as the exam contains 10+2 level questions.
- The NDA exam syllabus is quite extensive. Don’t exhaust yourself by referring to too many textbooks, work on your basics and fundamental theories.
- Follow the Manorama Yearbook (latest version) to strengthen for Current Affairs section.
- You can refer to Lucent GK books to prepare for the General Knowledge section.
- Do regular revisions of Geography and History of classes 10, 11, and 12.
- Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry, etc. are among the important Mathematics topics. Give them extra attention.
For SSB Interview:
- Practice as many as picture tests at home. Those who have the ability to think and react quickly will have increased chances of success.
- Develop a habit to meditate to increase your observation power.
- Stay cool, calm, and composed.
- Develop certain moral values such as honesty and sincerity.
UPSC NDA 2023 Exam Centres
Apart from NDA Exam Pattern, you can check 41 NDA 2023 Exam centers by moving your cursor downwards:
What is the Scheme of the NDA Exam?
Most of the students were start their NDA exam preparations without having proper knowledge of the NDA Exam format, exam scheme, etc. Students have no idea about how many marks are divided into all subjects, what are relevant topics, negative marking, what they should prepare first, etc. here you find all answers to these questions. Qualified candidates in NDA written test will be called for further process that is SSB Interview test which will follow by intelligence, physical and medical test.
NDA Syllabus 2023
The NDA syllabus will comprise Mathematics, English, and general knowledge sections. Candidates can download the NDA 2023 syllabus by pressing the direct mentioned below. Through NDA Syllabus 2023, candidates can prepare well for the upcoming NDA Exam 2023.
Get Detailed & Updated: NDA Syllabus
On this web page, we have shared NDA Exam Pattern 2023, hope it will help you prepare better for the exam. Aspirants may collect upcoming updates through this web page by bookmarking it by pressing the ctrl + d keys.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|NDA Admit Card||NDA Eligibility Criteria|
|NDA Result||How To Join NDA After 12th|
|NDA Application Form||NDA Exam|