IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Check the latest IBPS PO Exam Pattern from this page. Candidates preparing for IBPS PO Exam 2023 must know about the updated section-wise New IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims & Mains Examination which is well-discussed here in the below section.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam is conducted in three phases – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Know about the Examination Scheme of each phase of IBPS PO 2023 and also check the latest changes in the IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023 with the help of this article.
IBPS PO Prelims/Mains Exam Pattern 2023
According to the latest update, There will now be separate timing for each section in the IBPS PO 2023 preliminary exam. It is necessary for the participants to clear all stages of the selection procedure to be considered eligible for the final appointment.
You may also obtain the entire IBPS Probationary Officer Exam Pattern in PDF format, the direct link for the same is facilitated below. Scroll down and explore this page well-designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com to know everything about the latest IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||IBPS PO 2023|
|Number of Stages||3 (Prelims, Main and Interview Round)|
|Exam Duration for Preliminary Round||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Main Round||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Main Paper)|
|Exam Mode||Prelims – Online|
Main Exam – Online & Offline
|IBPS PO 2023 Interview Maximum Marks||100|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Interview||40% (35% for Reserved Classes)|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023
IBPS PO 2023 Selection Procedure
There are multiple stages of assessment in the IBPS PO Recruitment process. Each stage is highly competitive and surely a hard nut to crack. Candidates need to clear all assessment stages in order to be considered eligible for the final appointment as Probationary Officers in participating banks. The IBPS PO 2023 selection procedure involves three stages of assessment:
Stage 1: Preliminary Examination – 100 Marks
Stage 2: Main Examination – 225 Marks
Stage 3: Interview Round – 100 Marks
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
- Mode of Examination – Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO 2023 Prelims will be organized in online mode.
- No. of Sections – Three sections in IBPS PO Prelims: English Language, Numerical Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
- Exam Duration – The examination will last for 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Nature of Questions – IBPS PO Pre 2023 Question Paper will contain objective-type MCQs.
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries 01 mark. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Language of Question Paper – For the English section, the questions will be set in English Language only while the rest of the segments will have questions in Hindi & English languages.
- IBPS PO Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. The Prelims marks will not be considered while generating the final IBPS PO result.
|S.No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2023
- Mode of Exam – IBPS PO Mains 2023 will be held both online & offline
- No. of Sections – There are 4 sections in the IBPS PO Main exam: English, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. IBPS PO Main Exam also includes a Descriptive Paper having two questions on Letter and Essay Writing.
- Duration of Exam – You will be permitted 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for objective paper and 30 minutes for descriptive paper) to complete the examination.
- Nature of Questions – There will be 155 MCQs and 2 written descriptive questions.
- A specified time limit will be allocated to attempt each section in the IBPS PO 2023 Main examination.
- There will be sectional and overall cutoffs.
- An IBPS PO cutoff list will be prepared where candidates having higher scores will have their names at the top of the list.
- Aspirants with a higher score will be given priority for the final interview round.
|SNo||Name of test||No. of|
|Max. Marks||Medium of|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 min|
|2||English Language||35||40||English only||40 min|
|3||Data Analysis andInterpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 min|
|40||40||English & Hindi||35 min|
(Letter Writing & Essay)
IBPS PO Mains Pattern for Descriptive Test:
- Time Duration – The descriptive paper will be of 30 minutes duration and 25 marks are assigned to the test.
- Subjects/Topics – You will be tested on Letter and Essay Writing. Aspirants need to secure passing marks to clear the Descriptive Test.
- The Descriptive Test paper of only those contenders will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Get Here Revised Syllabi For Prelims–Mains Exam: IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023 – Interview Round
Those who qualify Probationary Officer Mains Exam are only eligible to appear in the Interview session organized by the Participating Organizations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS.
- There will be 100 marks for an Interview.
- Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
- The combined final score of aspirants will be calculated on the basis of scores in the Main Examination and Interview.
- Interviews will be conducted at selected centers.
- Venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
IBPS PO Marking Scheme 2023
IBPS PO has a certain penalty for wrong answers. One-fourth/0.25 marks allotted to the question will be deducted for every incorrect response in IBPO PO 2023 Prelims & Mains exam. However, there will be no penalty for unattempted questions.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2023
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection organizes the IBPS PO Exam for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officer in various participating banks. Assortment of aspirants for IBPS PO Recruitment will be done on the basis of Common Written Exam (CWE) (Prelims +Main) and Interview.
You must qualify all stages of the recruitment process to make it to the final Merit List but marks obtained in the Preliminary examination will not be considered for preparing IBPS PO Merit List. Only marks obtained in Main Examination will be considered for selection for interview.
Download Here: IBPS PO Previous Question Papers
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023 FAQs
Ques1. What is the selection process for IBPS PO 2023?
Ans. The IBPS PO selection process involves 03 stages – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview.
Ques2. Is there any negative marking in the IBPS PO exam?
Ans. Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in both Prelims and Mains of the IBPS PO 2023 exam.
Ques3. When will the IBPS PO Prelims Exam be conducted?
Ans. IBPS PO 2023 Prelims Exam is scheduled to be conducted on the 15th, 16th, and 22nd of October 2023.
Ques4. What is the weightage of the IBPS PO 2023 prelims exam?
Ans. The IBPS PO prelims exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
Ques5. Is there any limit on the number of attempts for IBPS PO?
Ans. There is no limit on the number of attempts for the IBPS PO exam.
Ques6. What is the weightage of the Interview round in IBPS PO 2023?
Ans. The interview will be conducted for 100 marks.
Ques7. What is the age limit for IBPS PO 2023?
Ans. To appear for the IBPS PO exam, the age of the candidate must lie in the range of 20 to 30 years. However, age relaxation is provided to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
All details about IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023 are well provided here. Stay connected with us at www.recruitmentinboxx.com for getting more updates about IBPS PO Examination Notification.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IBPS PO Admit Card||IBPS PO Results|
|IBPS PO Notification||IBPS PO Score Card|
|IBPS PO Salary||Best Books for IBPS PO Exam|