Post Matric Scholarship
Government of Chandigarh is providing Post Matric Scholarship for SC/Disabled Students. The main aim of Post-Matric Chandigarh Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to SC Students studying at Post Matriculation or Post-Secondary Stage to complete their education.
Willing candidates can apply for Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme by filling the application form through online mode only. Post-Matric Scholarship Online Registration 2018 Link has been activated now.
Post-Matric Scholarship Last Date!!!
Candidates are required to submit the Post-Matric Scholarship Online Application Form on or before the last date that is 30-11-2018. After 30-11-2018, Post-Matric Scholarship Application Form Link will be disabled.
Other details about Post Matric Scholarship 2018-2019 are given below which is well provided by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Please have a look below for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students!!!
Post Matric Scholarship
Post-Matric Scholarship Eligibility:
- These scholarships will be given for study of all recognized post – matriculation or post – secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions.
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education, will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. B.Sc after I.A. or B.Com after B.A. or M.A. in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T /B.Ed. will not be eligible. From the academic year 1980 – 81, studies in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School courses of the XII Class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course.
Value of Scholarship:
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-:
- maintenance allowance,
- reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- study tour charges,
- thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars,
- book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- book bank facility for specified courses, and
- additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course
|Group||Courses||Allowance (in Rupees per month)|
|Group I||i. Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance /Administration, Computer Science/Applications.|
ii. Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
iii. Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
iv. C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.
v. M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.):
a. In existing Group II courses
b. In existing Group III courses
|Group II||i. Graduate/ Post Graduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc.,|
Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering,Travel/Tourism/
Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics,
Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2).
ii. Post Graduate courses not covered under Group-I
e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.
|Group III||All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.||570||300|
|Group IV||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||230|
Additional Allowances for SC students with disabilities:
|Level of Course||Reader Allowance (Rs. Per month)|
|Group I, II||240|
Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board.
Study tour charges upto a maximum of Rs.1600 per annum, limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses.
Thesis Typing/Printing Charges
Thesis typing/printing charges upto a maximum of Rs.1600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence /Distance Education Courses:
The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.1200/- for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
Read Out: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Renewal of Scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during next academic year also by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration to discontinue the award with reference to relevant clause of these regulations governing the scheme.
Mode of Selection:
- All willing Scheduled Caste candidates will be given scholarships subject to the application of Means Test prescribed in this Scheme.
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
How to Fill Post-Matric Scholarship Online Form?
- Candidates are required to visit the official website that is www.scholarships.gov.in for Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/Disabled Students.
- On home page of official website go to “State Schemes” section and hit Post Matric Scholarship for SC students” link.
- Now hit on “Apply” online to fill Application Form.
- Follow “New User/ Register” option and hit the link to Karnataka Apply Online.
- Fill the Application Form with correct details and hit register option.
- Now applicants will get registration ID on a new page.
- Then hit continue button and a Login page will be visible to you.
- Afterwards enter your registration ID no. and date of birth and select login button.
- After login process, you will receive an OTP on your contact no.
- It is mandatory to fill the bank details given in the Prime Minister Scholarship Online Form.
- Check form Online Application at once and press “Submit” button.
Last Date to Fill Online Application Form: 30-11-2018
Hit above provided official link to get complete details regarding Post Matric Scholarship 2018-2019. Keep visiting the web portal (http://www.recruitmentinboxx.com) regularly for getting the latest updates.
Check Updated Post-Matric Scholarship List and ensure requisite eligibility criteria of the available Scheme for Minorities, Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers and Students with Disabilities.
After the submission of Post Matric 2018 Scholarship Form and completion of the selection procedure, scholars will receive satisfactory Post-Matric Scholarship Amount as well as some other allowances and benefits by the government.
Post-Matric Scholarship 2018 Last Date
Students meeting the requirements can submit their online form on or before the last date which is
30-09-2018 31-10-2018 (Last Date Extended). To be updated with more detail about Post Matric Scholarship 2018-2019 Scheme, you need to be in touch with our portal i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com or check this page.
Post Matric Scholarships Scheme List 2018:
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric
Fill Application Form and Check Status, Last Date For: Pre Matric Scholarship List
Post-Matric Scholarship Objectives:
- To support students with disabilities for their study in classes IX and X onwards so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized,
- All Graduate & Post Graduate courses recognised by UGC will be covered under Post-Matric Scholarship
- The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability
Get Best Answer: How Do I Get College Scholarship
Post Matric Scholarships Eligibility Details 2018:
Students belong to notified minority communities viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Rest of Pre Matric Scheme Criteria is well mentioned below:
Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minority
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Only those candidates who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. B.Com. after B.A. in other subject will not be eligible. However, students pursuing L.L.B/B.Ed/B.El.Ed. After passing B.A./B.Sc./B.E. etc. are eligible for Post-Matric Scholarship under this scheme.
Post-matric Scholarship for Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers
- Either of the parents of the students should be Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker with atleast six months service. This also includes Contract/Gharkhataworkers also.
- Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed for Rs.10,000/- for BeediWorkers, Rs.8,000/- per month for Cine workers.
Post Matric Scholarship Amount 2018:
|Item||Rate of Scholarship|
|Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee||Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or|
|more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Maintenance Allowance||For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level*: Rs. 570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: Rs. 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 550/- per month for Day Scholar|
|Groups||Rate of Maintenance allowance|
(in Rupees per month)
|All PG Degree/Diploma Course recognised by UGC in any discipline. All Bachelor’s Degree courses in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.|
|Professional Courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B. Pharma), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like Rehabilitation, Diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2).|
|All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.|
|All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.|
|Courses||Ceiling per set (or actual cost whichever is less)(In Rupees)|
|Post Graduate Degree/Diploma courses recognised by UGC in any discipline. Degree courses in Medical/Engineering||7,500|
|Degree courses in Veterinary||5,000|
|Degree courses in Agriculture||4,500|
|Polytechnics and other courses||2,400|
Get List of: Documents Required For Education Loan
Additional Allowances depending on disabilities of the student
|Reader Allowance for blind Scholars||Rs.240/- per month for all the groups of courses.|
|Transport Allowance||Rs.160/- per month for disabled students|
|Escort Allowance|| Rs.160/- per month for severally|
handicapped day scholar students with
low extremity disability.
|Special Allowance|| Rs.160/- per month is admissible to any|
employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
|Coaching Allowance|| Rs.240/- per month towards extra coaching to|
mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
|I to IV (for purchase of dress/books etc.)||250||250|
|V to VIII||940||500|
|PUC I & II||2440||2000|
|Professional Courses (BE / MBBS / BSc.- Agri.)||15000||15000|
Post Matric Scholarship Procedure 2018:
Fresh Post Matric Scholarship 2018 Form
- As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection.
- Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate.
- In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
Renewal of Post Matric Scholarship Form 2018
- There is no merit list generation for renewal cases.
- Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Procedure To Submit Post Matric Scholarship Application Form 2018:
To submit Application For Pre Matric Scholarship you need to visit to the official portal of the organization which is scholarships.gov.in
Then follow “Central Scheme” and go through “Ministry Of Minority Affairs, Department Of Empowerment of Persons with Disability, Ministry Of Labor and Employment” as per your need.
Press the appropriate link of Post-Matric Scholarship 2018-19 as per your need.
“Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities”
“Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities”
“Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric”
- Ensure requirements from Advertisement of Post-Matric Scholarship Minority 2018-19.
- Eligible scholars have to press “Apply” link.
- Fill Post Matric Scholarship Form 2018 and Upload Documents.
- Recheck Post- Matric Scholarship Application Form and Hit “Submit” tab, take a print out of Post Matric Scholarship Application Form 2018-19 PDF for future use.
Post Matric Scholarship 2018 Last Date:
Post Matric Scholarship Last Date:
30-09-2018 31-10-2018 (Last Date Extended)
Students can grab complete information about Post Matric Scholarship 2018-2019 by going through this Official link also. To know more about the same or others, you need to be in touch with our portal (www.recruitmentinboxx.com)
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Manner To Apply For Scholarship||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Student Success Strategies||Entrance Exams In India|
|UGC Approved Universities||How To Apply For Education Loan|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|