SSC JE Exam Pattern
For effective preparation for the SSC JE 2022 Exam, check out the latest SSC JE Exam Pattern well-discussed on this page. Know about the Section-wise SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper 1 & 2 along with the Marking Scheme, Previous years’ Cut off, and other vital details.
According to SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern 2022, the SSC JE Recruitment process will be held in two phases – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates can check the SSC JE Exam Structure to view SSC Junior Engineer Marking Scheme, level of questions, etc from here.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern 2022:
The Exam Pattern of SSC JE will help the applicants to understand the structure of the SSC JE Exam Question Paper. Candidates who will appear for the exam should check the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2022 to know the details of the marking scheme, number of sections, section-wise distribution of marks, total marks, time duration, etc.
More details regarding SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern are given in the following section of this page well-designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Have a look!
SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Number of papers||2|
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Computer-based test (Online)|
Paper 2: Pen and paper-based mode (Offline)
|Question Paper Type||Paper 1: Multiple Choice Questions,|
Paper 2: Descriptive Paper
|Total marks||Paper 1: 200 marks Paper 2: 300 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper (2 hours and 40 minutes|
for those aspirants, who need a scribe)
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks in Paper 1 only|
SSC JE Exam Pattern
SSC JE Recruitment 2022 Process:
SSC Junior Engineering (SSC JE) exam 2022 consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is an objective paper while Paper 2 is a descriptive paper.
|Type of Exam||Weightage|
|Paper 1: Objective (Computer Based)||200 questions of 200 marks|
|Paper 2: Descriptive (Pen and Paper Based – Written Exam)||300 marks|
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 is a computer-based test Exam consisting of multiple-choice questions.
- The question paper will contain three sections namely, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical).
- Applicants can select between A, B, and C as per their disciplines and the remaining two sections remain common.
- The total marks allotted to SSC JE Paper 1 are 200.
- There will be a Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in SSC JE 2022 Paper 1.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours (2 hours and 40|
minutes for those
aspirants, who need a scribe)
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural) or|
Part B- General Engineering (electrical) or
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical) or
|Total||200 MCQs||200 Marks|
Get Here: Best Books for SSC JE Preparation
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- Those applicants who will clear Paper 1 will be called for SSC JE 2022 Paper 2.
- Paper 2 is a descriptive paper organized in pen and paper mode.
- The SSC JE Paper 2 will comprise Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical).
- The total marks allotted to SSC JE Paper 2 are 300. The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
|Subjects||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR|
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300 Marks||2 hours|
Also Check: SSC JE Syllabus
SSC JE Marking Scheme 2022
|Specifications||SSC Junior Engineering Marking Scheme|
|For correct answer||1 marks|
|For wrong answers||0.25 marks|
|Total score out of 200||Number of correct answers x 1 – number of incorrect answers x 0.25|
Previous Years’ SSC JE Cut Off
SSC JE Tier-I Cut-Off 2020-21:
|SSC JE Tier-1 Cut Off 2020-21|
|Category||Civil Engineering||Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering|
SSC JE Tier-I Cut-Off 2019-20:
|SSC JE 2019-20 Tier-I Cut-Off|
Download Here: SSC JE Previous Year Papers
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2022 FAQs
Ques1. How many papers are there in SSC JE?
Ans. SSC JE exam consists of 2 papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper 1 is objective in nature and contains questions on GK, Reasoning, and Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. Paper 2 is descriptive in nature containing technical Questions based on Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
Ques2. What is the exam pattern for SSC JE 2022?
Ans. The detailed SSC JE 2022 Exam Pattern is well-discussed on this page.
Ques3. Is there any negative marking in SSC JE Exam 2022?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks in SSC JE paper 1. There is NO negative marking in SSC JE Paper 2.
Ques4. Who can apply for SSC JE 2022?
Ans. Candidates possessing a Diploma or a Degree in Engineering and lying in the age range of 27 to 32 years can apply for the SSC JE exam 2022.
Ques5. Is SSC JE online or offline?
Ans. Paper 1 of SSC JE 2022 is conducted online as a computer-based test. Paper 2 is descriptive in nature and is conducted offline as a pen-and-paper-based test.
Ques6. Can final year students apply for SSC JE 2022?
Ans. No, it is necessary to pass the 3 years diploma or B.E. (not the final year appearing candidates) to be eligible for the SSC JE exam.
Ques7. How many vacancies are there in SSC JE 2022?
Ans. The SSC JE Recruitment 2022 is expected to be carried out for around 1000+ vacancies for civil, mechanical, electrical & quantity surveying & contract posts.
SSC JE 2022 Exam Centres
Best Books To Prepare For SSC JE 2022:
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
- SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/CWC/MES) Mechanical Engineering 19 Practice Sets & 9 Solved Papers
- SSC: Junior Engineers Exam Guide: Junior Engineers (Civil & Structural) Exam Guide
- SSC Junior Engineers (CPWD/CWC/MES) Civil Engineering: 19 Practice Sets & 9 Solved Papers
- SSC Jr. Engineer (Electrical) Exam Guide
- SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) Electrical Engineering (Junior Engineers) 19 Practice Papers
- SSC Reasoning (General Intelligence And Reasoning) (Hindi)
- SSC Speed Tests General Intelligence & Reasoning
- SSC Graduate Level Exam Reasoning (General Intelligence and Reasoning): Year Wise Solved Papers
- SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers – English – 1610: Chapterwise Solved Papers (9100+Objective Question)
Applicants can visit the above provided Official Link to get complete details regarding SSC JE Exam Pattern 2022. Applicants can also follow us on Facebook & Google+ to get the latest updates regarding Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Exam Pattern.
Entrants can also bookmark the web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing the Ctrl+D option for getting the latest updates regarding SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern. Subscribe to our free email service to receive the latest updates to your mail.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|SSC JE Result||SSC Notification|
|SSC JE Cut off||More Engineering Jobs|
|SSC JE Admit Card||SSC Eligibility Criteria|
|SSC JE Recruitment||SSC Exam Schedule|