UGC NET Exam Pattern
Check the latest NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 here!! Know about the Marking Scheme, Nature & Type of Questions, and Session Timings for the upcoming UGC NET 2022 Exam. We have provided the detailed UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper 1 & 2 in the below section.
Candidates can also download the PDF of UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 by hitting the direct link provided below. Scroll down this page to know more about NTA UGC NET Paper Pattern.
UGC NET 2022 Paper Pattern:
As per UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern, there will be 150 questions divided into 2 papers. Paper-I will have 50 questions while Paper II comprises 100 questions. It is mandatory to attempt all questions.
Objective-type questions will be asked in the paper as per UGC NET Entrance Exam Pattern. We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com are listing all details about NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 on this page for your convenience.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
NTA UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
The NTA UGC NET 2022 is a Computer Based Test and consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Both the papers will be organized on the same day.
- Question Paper will contain objective-type questions.
- The first session will be for Paper I, which includes 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The second session will be for Paper II. The question paper will include 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Paper I of UGC NET will test the teaching and research aptitude of the examinees. Topics to be covered include comprehension, reasoning ability, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- Paper II will be based on the subject chosen by the candidate. There are 81 subjects (like Commerce, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Music, etc.) in total to choose from.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper 1:
The detailed section-wise Exam Pattern for Paper I is tabulated below:
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance,|
Polity & Administration
- There will be objective-type questions in Paper I.
- Each question carries 02 marks.
- You will be allowed 1 hour to attempt the paper.
- No negative marking in Paper I.
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper 2:
Paper-II of the UGC NET is a subject-based test. The candidates will be asked questions based on the subject they choose. The paper will be objective type.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Chosen subject by|
- Each question will carry 02 marks.
- Paper-II will have a duration of 2 hours.
- No negative marking in Paper-II.
UGC NET Marking Scheme
The UGC NET marking scheme will help you understand the scoring system so that you can strategize to answer the questions accordingly and gain maximum marks. Check the marks assigned to wrong answered and not attempted questions.
- 2 marks will be given to each correctly answered question.
- Zero marks for the incorrect answer.
- For un-attempted questions, no marks will be deducted.
|Type of Answer||Marking Scheme|
|Every Correct Answer||+2|
|Every Wrong Answer||No negative marking|
|Unattempted questions||No negative marking|
UGC NET Exam Timing:
|Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Entry time (1 hour before the exam)||8:00 am||2:00 pm|
|Checking of Documents before Entry|
(30 minutes before the exam)
|8:30 am||2:30 pm|
|Instructions by Invigilators after entering||8:45 – 8:55 am||2:45 – 2:55 pm|
|Commencement of Exam||9:00 am||3:00 pm|
|End of Exam||12:00 pm||6:00 pm|
Important Note (for Person with Disability):
- Thirty Minutes of compensatory time will be provided separately for Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Besides this, they will also be provided with the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the aspirant.
- The faculty of scribe will be provided only to those individuals having a disability of 40% or more.
- UGC will also provide the Test Booklets of Paper-I & II in Braille along with usual Test Booklets as offered to other contenders.
Get Here Topic Wise: UGC NET Syllabus
Previous Year’s UGC NET Cut Off:
|Names of the Subject||Assistant Professor|
|JRF and Assistant Professor Cutoff|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||64%||72%|
|Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||68%||77.33%|
|Library and Information Science||52.67%||58%|
|Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian|
and Peace Studies
|Comparative Study of Religion||63.33%||73.33%|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||58.67%||65.33%|
|Performing Art ‐ Dance/Drama||62%||70.67%|
|Museology and Conservation||62%||64.67%|
|Tribal And Regional Language||60%||65.33%|
|Sanskrit Traditional Subjects||62.67%||72%|
|Social Medicine & Community||57.33%||68%|
|Computer Science and Applications||54.67%||63.33%|
|International and Area Studies||66.67%||71.33%|
|Human Rights And Duties||66%||72%|
|Tourism Administration and Management||53.33%||60%|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 FAQs
Ques1. How many papers are there in the UGC NET exam?
Ans. The UGC NET 2022 exam consists of two papers. Paper 01 is common for all examinees and Paper 02 is based on a particular subject taken by the candidate.
Ques2. Is it mandatory to appear for both papers of UGC NET 2022?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to appear for both UGC NET papers.
Ques3. How many questions are there in the UGC NET exam 2022?
Ans. The UGC NET exam has a total of 150 questions.
Ques4. What is the weightage of UGC NET Paper 1 and II?
Ans. UGC NET Paper 1 is 100 marks while Paper 2 carries a total of 200 marks.
Ques5. Is there any negative marking in UGC NET 2022?
Ans. No, there is NO negative marking in the UGC NET Exam 2022.
Ques6. Is the UGC NET exam organized offline?
Ans. No, the UGC NET 2022 will be conducted online as a computer-based test.
Ques7. What is the duration of UGC NET 2022?
Ans. Both the papers for UGC NET 2022 exam are to be completed in 03 hours.
Ques8. What is the Marking Scheme for UGC NET exam 2022?
Ans. 02 marks are awarded for every correct answer. No marks will be deducted for wrong or unattempted questions.
Press Here For UGC NET Official Link
We hope you are satisfied with the details regarding NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 provided on this page. You can bookmark this page by pressing CTRL + D keys and stay connected to our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get more updates just with a single hit. You may also subscribe to our free email service for receiving more updates regarding exams & others directly to your mail.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UGC NET Result||UGC NET Notification|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Admit Card|
|UGC NET Answer Key||UGC NET Cut Off|