UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria including NTA Age/Qualification/Passing Marks details is available on this page. Applied contenders for National Eligibility Test (NET) for being appointed on Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship are suggested to ensure NTA NET Eligibility Criteria from here.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NET Examination twice in a year i.e. July and December, so those contenders who are keen to participate in this examination have to submit their online application forms firstly. In order to submit UGC NET Online Form you must check Detailed UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019 from this page.
To grab further information about UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019 or downloading UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria in PDF format, students are required to look at below section which is well prepared by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com for their comfort.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019
UGC NET Qualification Criteria 2019
- Contenders must have done post-graduation degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent examination from any recognized university by UGC in Humanities and Social Science etc. can apply for this exam.
- Those applicants who are waiting for their final results are eligible to attend UGC National Eligibility Test.
- Candidates who are going to be appear at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination OR students whose qualifying examinations have been delayed, are also eligible.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
Check From Here, Latest: Post Graduate Jobs
Reservation in Qualification Criteria:
- OBC Students those who are belonging to non-creamy layer and SC/ ST/ PWD students who had obtained minimum 50% marks in Master’s Degree can apply.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose post-graduation degree had been completed by 19th September, 1991) will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
Check From Here: NTA UGC NET Exam Date
UGC NET Age Criteria 2019
(i) JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01.12.2018. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer as mentioned in UGC NET Eligibility Criteria.
(ii) Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Reservation in Age Criteria:
- Relaxation of 5 years will be given to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women students.
- LLM degree holders, would be admissible from 3 years relaxation
- Applicants with research experience, limited to the time interval spent on research in the related subject of post graduation degree, subject to a max. of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority can get age relaxation.
Get Here: Latest High Paid Up Teaching Jobs
No. of Attempts for UGC NET 2019
No limit on attempts for this exam. Students can take part in University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test unlimited times.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Mostly Asked Questions By Students
Question1. Is There Any UGC NET Age Criteria?
Answer: Woman candidate and reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) candidates will be provided relaxation up to 5 years. Those who possess L.L.M. Degree will get three years relaxation in age. There is no age limit for appearing in the UGC NET Exam in case of Assistant Professor as per UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019r.
Question2.What Are The UGC NET Qualifying Criteria?
Answer: As per the current UGC norms regarding the procedure and criteria for declaration of UGC NET Result, the top 15% candidates from each of the four reservation category (OBC, SC, ST, PWD) on the merit list with prescribed minimum marks will be declared as qualified for Assistant Professor.
Question3.What Is The UGC NET Passing Criteria?
Answer: Each question carries 2 marks. For passing NET examination, you must require 50%marks in Paper III that is at least 38 questions in this paper should be correct. If you belong to OBC (Non creamy layer)/ PWD/SC/ST class than you need 40% to pass this paper III as per UGC NET Eligibility Criteria of Passing.
Question4.Why NET Exam Is Required?
- National Eligibility Test is conducted to find the eligible candidates for the teaching in colleges.
- NET exam held in 84 subjects in humanities.
- The NET exam is conducted by CBSE.
- Usually the net exam is conducted twice a year (It might be change to once in a year).
Question5.How Many Times NET Exam Is Conducted In A Year?
- UGC Will be Conducted Twice a Year.
- As per the latest updates, UGC National Eligibility Test will be conducted twice a year and a two-paper exam of three hours duration will replace the earlier three-paper system.
Check Previous Year Cut Off Marks: UGC NET Cut Off
|Releasing of official notification||February 2019|
|Starting of online of application||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date to apply online||2nd week of April 2019|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of June 2019|
|Date of examination||July 2019|
|Declaration of result||August 2019|
Those applicants who want to know more about UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019 can follow us on Twitter and Google plus. If you want to ask something then you may write to us in the comment box which is given by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. For time to time updates on UGC National Eligibility Criteria you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D.
You May Also Like To Check This Section