Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) is going to conduct CAT Exam for the candidates who want to get admission in the management courses like MBA. Every year the organization conducts Common Admission Test on the rotational basis; this year also the organization is inviting the eligible candidates to fill the CAT application form. As per the notification, the registration will start from 09.08.2017 and ends on 20.09.2017. Candidates who meet the required eligibility can have CAT Exam Registration by going through online mode. You can acquire more details regarding CAT Exam 2018 by visiting the official website of the organization.
What This Page Includes?
|Courses offered by Indian Institute of Managements||Minimum Qualification Required|
|Application fee||Process of Selection|
|Ways to fill Common Admission Test Registration form||CAT Exam Centres|
|About Syllabus||CAT Exam Pattern|
|CAT Admit Card||About Result|
|Cut off list||Important date & Note|
Applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree in any respective discipline from any recognized institute or university. CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also applicable for the entrance exam. For the purpose of selection, the candidates have to go through the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). If you want to get success in CAT, proper time management and solving of question paper will help you to score well. Aspirants can obtain more details in regards of CAT Exam 2018 by having a look on this page which is well designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Name of the Courses:
Post Graduate Programmes in Management:
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP IIM Calcutta PGP-PGDM|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Jammu||PGP IIM Kashipur PGP, EPGP IIM Kozhikode PGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM|
Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [equivalent to Ph.D.]:
|IIM Kashipur||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Raipur||FPM & EFPM|
Current MBA Entrance Exam Going on:
- Applying candidates must hold bachelor’s degree in any relevant stream from any recognized institute or university.
- Applicants who are appearing in the final year of any qualifying exam or waiting for the final year result are also eligible to fill the application from.
- Those candidates who are having CA/CS/ICWA professional degree can also apply for CAT Exam.
Reservation of Seats:
Check out More: MBA Entrance Exam
- Candidates have to pay Rs 1800/- as an application fee.
- SC/ ST and PWD category candidates need to Rs 900/- as a registration fee.
The selection procedure consists of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their overall performance in three phases of the selection procedure.
Get here Best Tips: How to Crack CAT
How to fill CAT Application form:
- First of all you are required to visit the official website of the organization that is www.iimcat.ac.in
- Now you on the new page and you need to hit on “Registration for New User” tab and a new page will appear on your screen.
- Fill the form carefully and upload all the required documents and also upload a recent passport size photograph.
- After that go through the form once and then hit on submit button and a new Id and password will be generated.
- Already registered candidates can log in using the generated id and password.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the form for the further future reference.
CAT Notification 1: Get Here
CAT Notification 2: Get Here
- Scanned Images of Signature, Photograph & left hand thumb impression. The scanned image size should be less than 80 KB each.
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number.
- Qualification Details.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
Download From here: CAT Exam Preparation Books
CAT Exam Centres:
CAT will be conducted in around 140 test centres spread all over India. Earlier the test was conducted in 136 cities and now some more cities are added as the test centre for CAT and have become 140 in number. Candidates can select the tests centers according to their own preference. Exam centres are as follows:
Check Here: Top 10 CAT Coaching Institute In India
CAT 2018 Syllabus:
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Ability|
|· Caselets and Tables
· Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
· Venn Diagrams
· Line Charts & Pie Chart
· Combination of two or more types linked to each other
· Number and Letter Series
· Calendars, Cubes and Clocks
· Binary Logic
· Seating Arrangement
· Logical Sequence
· Blood Relations
|· Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
· Grammar or English Usage
· Correction in Sentence
· Fill in the blanks
· Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
· Analogies and Reverse Analogies
· Meaning/Usage Match
· Verbal Reasoning
· Summary Questions
· Reading Comprehension
· Facts Inferences Judgements
· Number Systems
· LCM & HCF
· Profit, Loss & Discount
· Speed, Time & Distance
· Time & Work
· Simple & Compound Interest
· Ratio & Proportion
· Quadratic & Linear Equations
· Complex Numbers
· Binomial Theorem
· Sequences & Series
· Surds & Indices
· Probability, Permutation and Combination
· Set Theory
· Functions & Geometry
· Mixtures & Alligations
· Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
Get Detailed: CAT Syllabus 2017
CAT Exam Pattern 2018:
CAT Exam will be a computer based examination consisting of 100 objective type questions. The number of questions in Verbal and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability sections is 34 and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section contains 32 questions. Duration of the examination is three hours. You can have a look on the below given exam pattern.
|S.No.||Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Questions from each section||Time allotted to each section (minutes)|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
Get in detail way: CAT Exam Pattern
About CAT Admit Card 2018:
CAT Admit card will be available from 18.10.2017 on the official website of the organization. Admit card contains some important information like Name of the candidate, Exam date, Exam venue and Important Instructions for exam day. Candidates must download the admit card before the commencement of the exams as without it you may not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Aspirants also need to carry a photo identity along with the admit card.
CAT Result 2018:
Candidates need to go through online mode to download the result. The cut off list will be declared in the second week of January 2018 on the official website. You can get your score card using CAT ID/Sr No. and password. No hard copy of the scorecards will be sent by IIMs to the candidates, they need to download through online procedure.
Download Here: CAT Previous Year Question Papers
CAT Cutoff of IIMs (Expected):
|DI & LR||70||50||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||65|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||55|
Common Admission Test Dates:
|Opening Date of Registration||09.08.2017|
|Closing date of registration||20.09.2017 (5:00 pm)|
|Date to download Admit Card||18.10.2017 to 26.11.2017|
|Date of result||Second week of January, 2018|
Candidates can obtain more related information from the Official Link. To stay connected with this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com you can bookmark this page using CTRL + D short cut key. For any further query you can write us in the below stated comment box, we will reply you soon.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|CAT Admit Card||CAT Result|
|CAT Exam Schedule||CAT Voucher|
|CAT Application Form||CAT Eligibility Criteria|
|Top MBA Colleges in India|