How To Become An IPS Officer
How To Become An IPS Officer After 12th: IPS is one of the three All India Services i.e. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service (IFS). Becoming IPS Officer is not an easy task. For that you have to participate in a procedure carrying Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, Interview and Training sections.
Candidates meeting the requirements of आईपीएस अधिकारी Positions are suggested to move their cursor downwards to check Step by Step Process that can be proved helpful for them for being closer to their destination, so go ahead and check this page designed by www.recruitmentinboxx.com
How To Become an IPS Officer In 2019
Individuals, keen to apply for IPS Officer in the year 2019 after 12th are informed that online applications are expected to be released on 19-02-2019 and completion of this procedure will be on 18-03-2019.
|Date of Notification||19-02-2019|
|Last date for receipt of application||18-03-2019|
|Civil Service (Prelims)||02-06-2019|
|Civil Service (Mains)||20-09-2019|
How To Become An IPS Officer
How To Become An IPS Officer – Mostly Asked Questions
What Power Does An IPS Officer Have?
- IPS is a highly respected post in the internal security system of India.
- Indian Police Services is the most fundamental pillar of Indian democracy.
- IPS Officer plays the pivotal role in establishing law and order at the grassroots level in the country.
- The post of an IPS Officer is an achievement in itself.
Check Here: IPS Officer Salary
What are the qualifications to become an IPS officer?
All you need to have is a graduation degree from any recognized university to appear for IPS, i.e., for Civil Services Exam. 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. To know about detailed IPS Qualification, check the given link.
How To Become An IPS Officer After 12th
Check Entire Information regarding How to Become IPS Officer Step By Step. Given Complete Procedure helps you to understand the way and get the answers of “How to Become IPS Officer After 12th”. To become an IPS Officer, you have to qualify Preliminary Exam followed by Mains Exam and Interview/ Personality Test.
Now you are thinking that What To Study To Become A IPS Officer? So, in order to guide you we have revealed Preliminary examination and Mains examination Pattern as well as Syllabus For IPS along with IPS Officer Exam Preparation Books and complete study material at the beneath section.
Choose Here: Best & Career Guarantee Options after 12th
Step-by-Step Procedure To Become IPS Officer
Step 1: Written Exam
#1. IPS Officer Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- Preliminary exam will hold in two papers of objective types (General Studies and Aptitude Skills) in which the questions will be multiple choices.
- Preliminary exam consist of namely; Paper 1 and paper 2.
- General Studies and Aptitude Skills, each section contains 200 marks thus in total they are of 400 marks with the time duration of 2 hours each.
|Paper||Type||Duration||No of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Test||2 Hours||80||200|
#2. IPS Officer Mains Exam Pattern:
- It will consist of written exams and interview.
- Written Examwill contain 9 papers of conventional essays.
- Main examination Paper 1: One of the Indian languages chosen from the prescribed list 300 English; 300 marks, Essay: 250 marks, General Studies (250 marks for each paper) and 1000 marks and there is also Optional subject 1: 500 marks.
- The Total Marks for written examination is 1750 marks
|Paper A (Qualifying Exam)||Language||300 Marks|
|Paper B (Qualifying Exam)||English||300 Marks|
|Paper 1||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 3||General Studies 2||250 Marks|
|Paper 4||General Studies 3||250 Marks|
|Paper 5||General Studies 4||250 Marks|
|Paper 6||Optional Subject, Paper 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject, Paper 2||250 Marks|
Get Indian Police Service (Pre/Mains) Exam Pattern & Syllabi: IPS Syllabus
#3. Interview/Personality Test:
At the last section, shortlisted contenders have to participate in Interview round. Contenders are informed that Interview will be of consisting 275 marks.
What Qualification Required For IPS Officer?
Contenders, keen to know about How To Become an IPS Officer In India must ensure the following eligibility criteria also which is required to submit online application form. It must be noted that only eligible candidates can submit their forms on or before the last date, so please have a glance.
Check Out More Latest: 12th Class Pass Jobs
#1. Academic Qualification for IPS Officer 2019:
- Holding a degree of any of the recognized universities came in existence by the Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
- Institutions must be introduced by the Act of Parliament or announced to be known as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, like DU, MGSU, MU etc is mandatory for the candidate applying for the post.
- Candidates appeared in exam and awaiting results are also eligible to apply the Preliminary Examination.
- The UPSC can also treat a candidate eligible as an exceptional case if he/she has already cleared any examination conducted by other academics, who match the level of commission.
- Aspirants who have already qualified the final year of MBBS or any other medical examination and continuing with their internship are also called eligible for this test.
Check Out Post Wise: UPSC Notification
#2. Age Criteria for IPS Office Exam:
Apart from academic qualification, Individuals must have knowledge about below mentioned age criteria also. As well as you can avail details regarding number of attempts in the examination. This information will be proved useful for those candidates who are looking for How to Become an IPS Officer In India.
|Category||Maximum Age Limit||Number of Attempts|
|General Category||32 Years||6|
|OBC Category||35 Years||9|
|SC/ST Category||37 Years|| Till you complete|
your age Limit
|42 Years|| General -9||
SC/ST – Complete age Limit
| General- 37||
SC/ST- 42| PH- 50
five years duty
| General- 37||
Discharged From Duty
| General- 35||
Find Out: Latest Jobs by Qualification
Physical Requirements To Become IPS Police Officer
Some of the special physical requirements for IPS are listed below. They are also subject to change as per UPSC notifications.
- For men, the minimum height is 165 cm
- For women, the minimum height is 150 cm
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST and to the candidates belonging to the races such as Gorkhas, Garhwal is, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc. , there is a relaxation of height up to 160 cum for men and 145cm for women.
The minimum chest fully expanded: 84 cm for men and 79 cm for a woman.
- The total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D.
- The total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D.
- Spectacles although are permitted, but a very good grade of color vision and binocular vision is a prerequisite.
- Eye sight should be between 6/6 and 6/9 and candidates who have weak eyesight must at least have 6/12 and 6/9.
Get Here: Employment News- New Updates
Step 2: Additional Training At Facility (Government Training Centers)
After the completion of IPS Selection Procedure, contenders are selected for training of 3 months (July to September) in Mysore for Foundation course. In training section, contenders get knowledge about basic concept of Constitution of the country, History and Politics.
#1. Training At Hyderabad
First of all, they have to go for academic training at Hyderabad for the period of one year from October to September. Here candidates must learn about investigation, forensic science, crime prevention, human rights ethics, etc.
#2. Field Training (Outdoor Training)
- During training, candidates are also taken for the outdoor training in which they have to perform Parade, horse riding, swimming, climbing, and training of using arms.
- These are the basic training which is necessary to become an IPS officer.
#3. Practical Training
- After taking academic training at Hyderabad they are sent for another training for 6 months which is called practical training.
- In this training, candidates are taught writing FIR and working style of SP, CO, PAC, DGP headquarter and CID unit.
#4. End Of Training Session
After getting the training of 22 months, they are now appointed for the post of CO and after doing this job for one and half years they are promoted.
Get Here: More Defence Jobs
What after Qualifying IPS Selection Procedure 2019?
After qualifying the above mentioned complete IPS Officer 2019 Selection Procedure, contenders will be appointed as Officer. At the beneath section, we have provided the complete list of IPS Officer Salary details which they receive after selection, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead as soon as possible.
Ranks of IPS Officer
IPS Rank Hierarchy – Ascending order (From top to bottom)
|Assistant Superintendent of Police||(Probationary Rank: 1 year of service)|
|Assistant Superintendent of Police||(Probationary Rank: 2 years of service)|
|Assistant Superintendent of Police||ASP (Probationary Rank: 3 years of service)|
|Additional Superintendent of Police||Addl.SP|
|Superintendent of Police||SP|
|Superintendent of Police (Selection Grade)||SP|
|Deputy Inspector General of Police||DIG|
|Inspector General of Police||IGP|
|Additional Director General of Police||ADGP|
|Director General of Police||DGP|
|Director of Intelligence Bureau||DIB|
Find Here, More: Latest Police Jobs
IPS Officer Salary in India
|Designation Or Rank||Analogous Position|
Under A State Government
Police (name of
|80,000 INR (consolidated)|
no grade pay
|Additional Director General of Police||Special Commissioner|
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 12,000 INR|
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 10,000 INR|
General of Police
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 8,900 INR|
|15,600-39,100 INR along with grade pay of 8,700 INR|
|15,600-39,000 INR along with grade pay of 7,600 INR|
|Additional Deputy Commissioner|
|15,600-39,000 INR along with grade pay of 6,600 INR|
|15,600-39,100 INR along with grade pay of 5,400 INR|
Check Monthly Pay Scale by Experience Level-Salaries: Police Officer Salary in India
Hope you are satisfied with this page of How to Become an IPS Officer After 12th and in case of any query, you may drop comment in below mentioned comment box easily. So, Guys, with all your dedication and believe in yourself… You can achieve success in every possible way!!!
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Defence Current Affairs||List of Coaching Classes for Police/Defence|
|Latest Jobs For Freshers||More Government Jobs|
|All Govt. Jobs By State||Upcoming Jobs By Organization|
|Sub Inspector Salary in India||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|