How To Become An IPS Officer
How To Become IPS Officer: Get Step by Step Procedure of “How To Become An IPS Officer” in 2018-2019 After 12th!! IPS is one of the three All India Services i.e. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service (IFS). Every year, a huge number of aspirants think of becoming an IPS officer but some of their dreams are exasperated due to lack of knowledge regarding procedure.
In order to solve their problem and offer them proper guidance, we have brought Step By Step Procedure here. It is to inform Individuals that commission starts this procedure with the submission of online forms and later conducts Prelims Exam followed by Mains Exam and Interview to check ability of the contenders. While going for the submission of the form, it’s mandatory to have knowledge about the eligibility also which is given here.
How To Become A IPS Officer in 2018
For the year 2018, Submission of online application has been completed on 06-03-2018 and Union Public Service Commission will hold Preliminary Examination on 03-06-2018 for evaluating the ability of the appliers. Qualified aspirants will participate in Mains and Interview on scheduled date.
From Here, Check: IPS Officer Salary Per Month
IPS Officer Exam Stats:
|Date of Notification||07-02-2018|
|Last date for receipt of application||06-03-2018|
|Civil Service (Prelims)||03-06-2018|
|Civil Service (Mains)||Mar 2018|
Latest Updates: How To Become An IPS Officer in 2019
Individuals, keen to apply for IPS Officer in the year 2019 after 12th are informed that online applications are expected to be released on 07-02-2019 and completion of this procedure will be on 06-03-2019.
To be updated with more details related to How to Become a IPS Officer in 2018-19 After 12th, check this page which is well designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Check Monthly Pay Scale by Experience Level-Salaries: Police Officer Salary in India
How To Become IPS Officer
The Indian Police Service (भारतीय पुलिस सेवा) or IPS, is an All India Service. It replaced the Indian Imperial Police in 1948, a year after India extended independence from Britain.
How To Become An IPS Officer After 12th: Check Step-by-Step Procedure
Check Entire Information regarding How to Become IPS Officer Step By Step. Given Complete Procedure helps you to understand the way and get the answers of “How to Become IPS Officer After 12th”. To become an IPS Officer, you have to qualify Preliminary Exam followed by Mains Exam and Interview/ Personality Test.
Now you are thinking that What To Study To Become A IPS Officer? So, in order to guide you we have revealed Preliminary examination and Mains examination Pattern as well as Syllabus For IPS along with IPS Officer Exam Preparation Books and complete study material at the beneath section.
Choose Here: Best & Career Guarantee Options after 12th
IPS Officer Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- Preliminary exam will hold in two papers of objective types (General Studies and Aptitude Skills) in which the questions will be multiple choices.
- Preliminary exam consist of namely; Paper 1 and paper 2.
- General Studies and Aptitude Skills, each section contains 200 marks thus in total they are of 400 marks with the time duration of 2 hours each.
|Paper||Type||Duration||No of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Test||2 Hours||80||200|
IPS Officer Mains Exam Pattern:
- It will consist of written exams and interview. Written Exam will contain 9 papers of conventional essays.
- Main examination Paper 1: One of the Indian languages chosen from the prescribed list 300 English; 300 marks, Essay: 250 marks, General Studies (250 marks for each paper) and 1000 marks and there is also Optional subject 1: 500 marks.
- The Total Marks for written examination is 1750 marks
|Paper A (Qualifying Exam)||Language||300 Marks|
|Paper B (Qualifying Exam)||English||300 Marks|
|Paper 1||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 3||General Studies 2||250 Marks|
|Paper 4||General Studies 3||250 Marks|
|Paper 5||General Studies 4||250 Marks|
|Paper 6||Optional Subject, Paper 1||250 Marks|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject, Paper 2||250 Marks|
At the last section, shortlisted contenders have to participate in Interview round. Contenders are informed that Interview will be of consisting 275 marks.
What Qualification Required For IPS Officer?
Contenders, keen to know about How To Become IPS Officer In India must ensure the following eligibility criteria also which is required to submit online application form. It must be noted that only eligible candidates can submit their forms on or before the last date, so please have a glance.
Check Out Latest: 12th Class Pass Jobs
Academic Qualification for IPS Officer 2018:
- Holding a degree of any of the recognized universities came in existence by the Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
- Institutions must be introduced by the Act of Parliament or announced to be known as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, like DU, MGSU, MU etc is mandatory for the candidate applying for the post.
- Candidates appeared in exam and awaiting results are also eligible to apply the Preliminary Examination.
- The UPSC can also treat a candidate eligible as an exceptional case if he/she has already cleared any examination conducted by other academics, who match the level of commission.
- Aspirants who have already qualified the final year of MBBS or any other medical examination and continuing with their internship are also called eligible for this test.
Check Out Post Wise: UPSC Notification
Age Criteria for IPS Office Exam:
Apart from academic qualification, Individuals must have knowledge about below mentioned age criteria also. As well as you can avail details regarding number of attempts in the examination. This information will be proved useful for those candidates who are looking for How to Become an IPS Officer In India.
|Category||Maximum Age Limit||Number of Attempts|
|General Category||32 Years||6|
|OBC Category||35 Years||9|
|SC/ST Category||37 Years|| Till you complete|
your age Limit
|42 Years|| General -9||
SC/ST – Complete age Limit
| General- 37||
SC/ST- 42| PH- 50
five years duty
| General- 37||
Discharged From Duty
| General- 35||
Find Out: Latest Jobs by Qualification
How To Become IPS Police Officer: Physical Requirements
Some of the special physical requirements for IPS are listed below. They are also subject to change as per UPSC notifications.
- For men, the minimum height is 165 cm
- For women, the minimum height is 150 cm
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST and to the candidates belonging to the races such as Gorkhas, Garhwal is, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc. , there is a relaxation of height up to 160 cum for men and 145cm for women.
The minimum chest fully expanded: 84 cm for men and 79 cm for a woman.
- The total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D.
- The total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D.
- The presence of Squint is a may disqualify you.
- Spectacles although are permitted, but a very good grade of color vision and binocular vision is a prerequisite.
Get Here: Employment News- New Updates
What after Qualifying IPS Selection Procedure 2018?
After qualifying the above mentioned complete IPS Officer 2018 Selection Procedure, contenders will be appointed as Officer. At the beneath section, we have provided the complete list of IPS Officer Salary details which they receive after selection, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead as soon as possible.
IPS Officer Salary in India
|Designation Or Rank||Analogous Position|
Under A State Government
Police (name of
|80,000 INR (consolidated)|
no grade pay
|Additional Director General of Police||Special Commissioner|
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 12,000 INR|
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 10,000 INR|
General of Police
|37,400-67,000 INR along with grade pay of 8,900 INR|
|15,600-39,100 INR along with grade pay of 8,700 INR|
|15,600-39,000 INR along with grade pay of 7,600 INR|
|Additional Deputy Commissioner|
|15,600-39,000 INR along with grade pay of 6,600 INR|
|15,600-39,100 INR along with grade pay of 5,400 INR|
Find Here: Latest Police Jobs
Hope you are satisfied with this page of How to Become an IPS Officer in 2018-19 and in case of any query, you may drop comment in below mentioned comment box easily. So, Guys, with all your dedication and believe in yourself… you can achieve success in every possible way!!!
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Defence Current Affairs||List of Coaching Classes for Police/Defence|
|More Defence Jobs||More Government Jobs|
|Rozgar Career India||Upcoming Jobs By Organization|
|Sarkari Naukri- Latest Jobs||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|