Tips to Crack Quantitative Aptitude of IBPS PO
Candidates if you’re looking up for Tips to Crack Quantitative Aptitude of IBPS PO, can grab here a useful 1 Month Preparation Guide. The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will conduct IBPS CWE PO/ MT Recruitment Examination in the month of October 2016. In order to secure good marks and qualify in IBPO PO Prelims, here is a proper plan to Crack Quantitative Aptitude section.
If you’re amongst those who are participating for IBPS PO Exam then you require focusing in two subjects like as Arithmetic and Data Interpretation. And it includes Information (Data) Interpretation means visual diagrams, pie outlines, line charts and classification. Number-crunching (Arithmetic) means roots, average, ratio, time & work, time & separation, rate, benefit & loss, mixture, stocks & shares, partnership, clocks, volume & surface area, height & distances, logarithms, permutation & combination, simple & compound interest, in equations & equations and probability.
Tips to Crack Quantitative Aptitude of IBPS PO
Before few days of exam, there are many approaches you can adopt for Preparation. In the last few days to formulate yours planning to attempt questions based on this understanding.
Solve Previous Year Questions as possible to make yourself confident & comfortable for the final day on the pattern, topics, level of complexity of the questions etc.
Keep a Notebook with yourself always to write necessary points and formulas. This will assist you having saved all important points and formulas.
Start attempting Mock Tests as this will help you more than writing and understanding of Mock Tests.
Check Here: IBPS PO Previous Question Papers
Topic wise Tips
Data Interpretation: If the answers are numbers not close to each other, then you do not need to do the exact calculations.
- You can round off the numbers and do approximate calculations and select the answer closest to the answer you calculated. No other planning can beat the option elimination technique in DI section.
- Try to avoid doing long calculations as in an exam those requirement aspirants to solve 100 questions in 60 minutes; you may end up wasting and not investing your time by doing long calculations. If you are good with calculations and approximation techniques, percentage, ratio & proportion and option elimination technique – these questions are very easily to solve.
Quadratic Equations: Revising your high school mathematics book on factorization can assist you finding the roots of the quadratic equations faster.
Read Here: IBPS PO Exam Pattern
General Mistakes to Avoid:
- Not Reading Questions Completely, In Quant section there is a most common mistake made by students.
- In hurry to solve questions faster, they don’t read the questions clearly and end up making mistakes.
- This problem can cause obstruction as even after solving the question methodically, you will not get the compatible option. And then, it becomes a forceful task to identify as to where you doing wrong.
- Hence, read twice & carefully before you go ahead and start solving.
Also Check: IBPS Study Material
Avoid Risky Shortcuts
- You may be of the angle that the whole point of speed test is to solving question quick possible then why avoid shortcuts.
- If you have practiced a particular shortcut or trick on lot many questions during your preparation then go ahead.
- But, if you have just read little shortcut or any other trick during last time of your preparation, avoid using it in the exam as you do not know the conditions and situation in which this particular shortcut can be applied.
- Solve the question using conventional way even if it takes more time.
List of Important topic from Quantitative Aptitude section;
Here is a list of topics that are important from IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude section
- Quadratic Equation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation – Line Graph, Bar Graph, Mixed Chart, Pie Chart etc.
Check out: How To Prepare Maths For Competitive Exams
Quantitative Aptitude contains 35 Questions and the expected Break up of this section is as follows:
( Percentage, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion,
SI & CI, Time and work, TSD, SI & CI,
Mixture and allegations, Averages, Problems on Ages etc)
8 – 10
|DI [Pie Chart, Bar Graph ,Tables etc)||10 (5 *2)|
1 Month Preparation Guide to Crack Quantitative Aptitude Section
#Time Allocation for each questions and Order of Attempt
If you are one face difficulty in Quantitative Section, you may like to attempt this section after English or Reasoning and allocate around 20 minutes.
This is for the students who are either weak or average in quantitative section you will attempt this section at the end. Time allocated to this quantitative section should be 25 minutes.
#Categories of Questions: We can divide all Questions in Quantitative section into two categories.
Read Also: How to Manage Time during Exams?
#Simple and Scoring Questions
Start your aptitude with these questions. These questions are commonly very easy to solve, require less time and you can easily get high accuracy. There are around 16-18 questions from this category.
- Data Insufficiency (one of the DI Sets )
- Arithmetic Topics: Questions on Ages, Percentage, Averages, S.I / C.I, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportions.
#Time taken Questions
Questions in this topic are complex/difficult than above and may require more time to solve these questions. These are time consuming as well as difficult question we need to solve this question using some short or easy trick. Attempt them after solving first category questions.
Some of the questions are complex and tricky. Accuracy will depend on amount of practice done before exam. The number of questions will be around 11-16 Questions from this category.
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Topics : Mixture and allegations , Time Speed, Time and Work and Distance
- Another DI Set
- Number Series
We suggest you to stay connected for more information regarding IBPS PO Recruitment Examination, for more updates regarding Tips to Crack Quantitative Aptitude or other preparation guide, bookmark this page for more easy assistance.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|Online Practice Test for IBPS||Top 25 Bank Interview Questions|
|IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria||IBPS PO Salary Package|
|IBPS PO/MT Admit Card||IBPS PO/ MT Exam|
|IBPS Notification||IBPS Cut Off Marks|