Are you preparing for Indian Administrative Services Preliminary & Mains Exam? Then must check this page as union public service commission has made some changes in IAS Syllabus. So candidates who want to score good marks and crack these examinations shall download Preliminary & Mains Exam Syllabi PDF by tapping to the direct link mentioned below. Candidates can also visit to official website of union public service commission that is upsc.gov.in for more detailed information. Candidates may scroll down this page to get complete details regarding IAS Syllabus 2017.
This page includes:
|Preliminary Exam Syllabus||List of optional subjects|
|Mains Exam Syllabus||About exam|
|Preliminary Exam Pattern||About IAS|
|Mains Exam Pattern||Interview Test|
|Exam Preparation Tips||Interview Preparation Tips|
Candidates who want to garb government sector job and also applied against IAS Officer Vacancy must download Union public service commission IAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern. This syllabus will help candidates to crack exam as Indian administrative services exam are very difficult to qualify. So to capture more details regarding IAS Syllabus 2017–2018 candidate may go through below section o0f this page made by dedicated team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
In the below section of this page, we are giving IAS Prelims Syllabus and IAS Mains Syllabus. Please have a look below:.
IAS Preliminary Exam
Preliminary Exam consist 2 papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2 for which detailed syllabus is presented here:
- History of India and Indian national movement
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science.
- Indian and world geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian politics and governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Current events of national and international importance
- Economic and social development Ecology- – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
Must Check: IAS Preparation Tips
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- English language comprehension skills
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
Know More About: Best IAS Coaching Centers in India
IAS Main Exam
In the beneath segment of this page, we are providing IAS Syllabus for main exam. Main examination consist 2 paper i.e. paper A and paper B. In paper A, there are 2 parts and In Paper B there is 7 parts.
- Paper A:
Paper I: Any Indian Language
In this, candidates have to choose one language from Languages which included in Eighth Schedule of Constitution. This exam is not compulsory for candidates who are from States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.
Paper II: English
Purpose of this paper is to test candidate’s skills to read and understand serious discursive prose and to express his thoughts correctly, in English and concerned Indian Language.
Pattern of questions would be mostly as follows:-
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary
Do You Know: How To Become IAS Or IPS Officer
- Paper B:
|III||Essay||Candidates will require writing an essay on a specific topic. Choice of subjects will be given. They will be expected to keep closely to topic of essay to assemble their ideas in orderly and to write in brief.|
|IV||General Studies 1||(Indian Heritage/Culture, World History & Geography)|
|V||General Studies 2||(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations)|
|VI||General Studies 3||(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-Diversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management)|
|VII||General Studies 4||(Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)|
|VIII and IX||Optional 1 (Of your choice)/ Optional 2 (Of your choice)|
Check Here Detailed: IAS Study Material
List of Optional Subjects for IAS Main Exam 2017
Civil Services Mains generally conducts in the month of October and November. IAS Exam Syllabus 2017 for Mains stage consists of the following optional papers.
IAS Mains Optional Papers
|General Studies||Electrical Engineering|
|Chemistry||Commerce & Accountancy|
IAS Exam Pattern
In beneath segment of this page, you can check examination pattern of Indian Administrative Service Exam. According to this paper pattern you can know about the weightage of subject.
IAS exam is divided into in three parts.
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam (written and interview)
Get Here: IAS Previous Year Papers, Questions
The IAS Prelims Exam Pattern consists of following subjects and marks. In preliminary Examination the questions will be of objective (MCQ) type. The question paper will be presented both in English & Hindi language. There will be negative marking 1/3 marks for every wrong answer.
|I||General Studies||200||2 hours|
|II||Aptitude Skills||200||2 hours|
You May Check: Detailed IAS Exam Pattern
Candidates who will qualify the prelims examination they will be eligible for the main examination. This Examination follows the below provided examination pattern.
|Name of Paper||Subjects||Total Marks|
|Paper-A||Modern Indian Language. (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject (Paper-1)||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject (Paper-2)||250|
Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary and Main Examination are able to attend the interview. Candidate can give preference of the language in which they may like to be interviewed. Marks set for the Interview is 275.
Read Out: IAS Interview Questions Answers
IAS Question Answer
|Year||IAS Model Paper in PDF|
|2016||General Studies Paper I|
|General Studies Paper II|
|2015||General Studies Paper – I|
|General Studies Paper – II|
Important Facts about IAS:
IAS is also known as Indian Administrative Service exam, which is one of toughest exams conducted by union public service commission. IAS is one of the highest designations offered by Government of India. Also those, who are appointed for this service, get high prestige and good salary. So, candidates who want to become an IAS must check IAS Syllabus and exam pattern to crack exam easily.
Indian Administrative Service Exam:
Indian Administrative Service exam is organized every year on national level. This Exam is also known as Civil Services Examination as huge number of candidates applies for this examination. After qualifying this examination, qualified candidates get the prestigious positions in Union Government, States Government and public sector undertakings (PSUs). Before the final appointment, qualified candidates have to undergo a training which is provided by the particular government department.
Must Check: IAS Notification
IAS Exam Preparation Tips:
Candidates must follow these exam preparation guidelines to score good marks:
- First of all candidates must check exam syllabus and pattern either from official website or by tapping to direct link mentioned above. Candidates can also go through this page completely for relevant information.
- After that candidate must make notes of important topics or topics with high weightage.
- Now candidate must make time table and follow that time table to score good marks.
- Candidate shall also make small tricks to solve numerical problems.
- Candidate can take help from his/her relatives/friends/siblings/guardians/teachers for any doubt.
- Candidate must do thorough revision of important topics before commencement of exam.
- Candidate must solve previous year question papers and online mock test papers.
- Candidate do not cram any topic just prepare it practically.
- Candidate must follow proper diet plan.
- Candidate must study in early morning or late at night.
- Candidate must reach examination hall 20 minutes before commencement of exam.
Free Download From Here: IAS Preparation Books
Interview Preparation Tips:
To crack interview round, candidate should follow the following interview preparation tips:
- Candidate must be bold, confident and positive. This will make good impression of candidate.
- Candidate must re read his/her curriculum vitae as any question related to his/her curriculum vitae has been asked.
- Candidate must know each and everything about the organization for which he/she is going to give vacancy interview.
- Candidate must know how to present himself/herself in front of interviewer.
- Candidate must have knowledge of qualification he/she pursue.
- Candidate must not put anything on interviewer table. It will put bad impression on them.
- Candidate always put a smile on his/her face during interview round.
- Candidate must not stare at interviewer.
- Candidate must not say no to anything.
Get Toppers Key Points to Success: IAS Success Stories
Candidates may go through this official link to get relevant details about IAS Syllabus 2017–2018. Candidates can also bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D.
Dear candidates we hope that the information provided on this page will be surely prove beneficial for you. We hope that the IAS New Syllabus and IAS Paper Pattern will be helpful for you in your preparations. Candidates can check timely updates of IAS Syllabus 2017 through this page regularly by keep visiting here time to time.
Candidates can also bookmark this page by pressing CTRL+D to get instant access of this page. You can also acquire details regarding IAS Exam Syllabus, study material, previous questions papers etc through our web portal i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Candidates can also get details about IAS Prelims/ Mains Exam directly in your mail box by subscribing fo4r our free email service through our web portal. Applicants, if you have query related to above given details, you can ask in comment box that is given below and our expert team members will try to sort your query as soon as possible.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IAS Admit Card||IAS Result|
|IAS Success Stories||IAS Eligibility Criteria|
|IAS Answer Key||IAS Cut Off List|
|IAS Application Form||IAS Officer Salary|