IAS Interview Questions Answers
IAS Personal Interview is the last stage of civil services examination after the two-tier examination system. Here in this page we have provided the list of IAS Interview Questions Answers Asked in 2017 to aid you in your preparation.
IAS Personal Interview has no fixed format or pattern and question can be asked by IAS interview panel from any topic. The UPSC interview Questions can be from any fields, or could be funny or odd making the Interview the difficult stage to crack.
How, UPSC IAS Interview Questions Answers is helpful For you?
As we know that, Interview of IAS are the vital phase of all sort of civil services examination. Therefore all the appearing candidates are required to be familiar with the type of questions that are generally asked by the interviewer.
Get most asked UPSC Personal Interview questions from here!!
Following IAS Interview Questions And Answers will helpful for you, if you want to get Civil Services Jobs.So applicants are advised to scroll down this page which is created by team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com and prepare well for UPSC IAS Interview.
IAS Interview Questions Answers
Below are some UPSC Toppers interview Question to get idea about the type of question that can be asked in the UPSC Interview:
Ques1: Why did you choose civil services as a career?
Answer: I want to join civil services because it offers immense satisfaction and diverse job assignments; I want to bring change in the society.
Ques2: How Can You Drop A Raw Egg Onto A Concrete Floor Without Cracking It?
Answer: Concrete Floors Are Very Hard To Crack! (UPSC Topper)
Ques3: If It Took Eight Men Ten Hours To Build A Wall, How Long Would It Take Four Men To Build It?
Answer: No Time At All It Is Already Built. (UPSC 23 Rank Opted For Ifs)
Check Here: IAS Previous Year Papers, Questions
Ques4: If You Had Three Apples And Four Oranges In One Hand And Four Apples And Three Oranges In The Other Hand, What Would You Have?
Answer: Very Large Hands. (Good One) (UPSC 11 Rank Opted For IPS)
Ques5: How Can You Lift An Elephant With One Hand?
Answer: It Is Not A Problem, Since You Will Never Find An Elephant With one Hand. (UPSC Rank 14 Opted For IES)
Ques6: How Can A Man Go Eight Days Without Sleep?
Answer: No Probs , He Sleeps At Night. (UPSC IAS Rank 98)
Check Changes In: IAS Eligibility Criteria
Ques7: If You Throw A Red Stone Into The Blue Sea What It Will Become?
Answer: It Will Wet Or Sink As Simple As That. (UPSC IAS Rank 2)
Ques8: What Looks Like Half Apple ?
Answer: The Other Half. (UPSC – IAS Topper)
Ques9: What can you never eat for breakfast ?
Also Check: Best IAS Coaching Centers in India
Ques10: How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
Answer: Concrete Floors are very hard to crack.
Ques11: What happened when wheel was invented ?
Answer: It caused a revolution.
Ques12: Bay of Bengal is in which state?
Answer: Liquid (UPSC 33Rank )
Ques13: Can you names Wednesday, Friday and Sunday three consecutive days without taking their name?
Answer: Yesterday, today and Tomorrow.
Ques14: A cat has three children, cat named Their January, February, and March. What is the name of the cat?
Answer: The answer is in the question. A cat named is ‘What.’
Ques15: How do you leave a raw egg on a solid surface, it does not crack?
Answer: The egg will not disturb the Solid surface, you can take the leave.
Ques16: what is the opposite of Nag panchmi?
Answer: Nag did not punch me.
Ques17: If 2 is a company and 3 is the crowd, then what will be 4 and 5?
Answer: 4 and 5 there is always 9.
Ques18: James bond was pushed out of an airplane without any parachute. He survived. How?
Answer: The plane was on a runway.
Read Now: How To Prepare For Interview
Ques19: Peacock is a bird who does not lay eggs, then how peacock’s children are born?
Answer: The female peacock eggs, not the male peacock.
Ques20: Eight people take 10 hours to build a wall-mounted, how many days it would take to four people.
Answer: The Wall has already made eight people in 10 hours. No need to make it now.
Tricky Questions/ Very Impressive Questions And Answers:
Below are the Interview question for IAS, which were asked in HR Round….. No one will GET second chance to impress….
Question 1: You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it’s raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
- An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
- An old friend who once saved your life.
- The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?
ANS: This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.
- You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first;
- or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to ! pay him back.
- However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.
The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. Guess what was his answer?
- He simply answered: *
- “I would give the car keys to my Old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.”
- Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to “Think Outside of the Box.”2
Read Also: Interview Prep. Tips- By Experts
Question 2: What will you do if I run away with your sister?”
ANS: The candidate who was selected answered ” I will not get a better match for my sister than you sir”
Question 3: Interviewer (to a student girl candidate) – What is one morning you woke up & found that you were pregnant.
- Girl – I will be very excited and take an off, to celebrate with my husband.
- Normally an unmarried girl will be shocked to hear this, but she managed it well. Why I should think it in the wrong way, she said later when asked
Do You Know: How To Give Self Introduction In Interview
Question 4: Interviewer: He ordered a cup of coffee for the candidate. Coffee arrived; kept before the candidate, then he asked what is before you?
- Candidate: Instantly replied “Tea”!! He got selected.
- You know how and why did he say “TEA” when he knows very well that coffee was kept before.
- (Answer: The question was “What is before you (U – alphabet) Reply was “TEA” ( T – alphabet)
- Alphabet “T” was before Alphabet “U”
Question 5: Where Lord Rama would have celebrated his “First Diwali”?
- People will start thinking of Ayodya, Mitila [Janaki’s place], Lanka etc…
- But the logic is, Diwali was a celebrated as a mark of Lord Krishna
- Killing Narakasura. In Dusavataar, Krishnavathaar comes after
- So, Lord Rama would not have celebrated the Diwali At all!
Check Out: Never Say These Things in Interview
Useful Tips For Interview:
Interviews makes you to show your talent and ability whether you can fit for that particular job or not. So make use of the following tips to improve your knowledge in attending the interview.
- Practice makes the man perfect. So practice in front of the mirror or with your friends/colleagues.
- Dress professionally for the job and do not wear jeans, T-shirts etc.
- Proper preparation will help to reduce the tension, nervousness in the interview.
- Being on time to the interview is very essential. Make sure of interview time and be before fifteen minutes for the interview.
- During the interview answer clearly and confidently.
- Make eye contact to other interviewer while answering.
- Turn off your cell phone, i-pod, pager etc.
- Do not smoke while waiting for an interview.
- Do not answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ type manner.
- Listen carefully and answer the questions. If you are not clear with their questions ask another time and clarify it.
IAS Aspirants must go through above provided IAS Interview Questions Answers and crack the UPSC Interview Session. Bookmark our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com or subscribe to our free email service and get updated details about UPSC Interview Questions And Answers.
We wish you All the Very Best!!!!
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IAS Notification||IAS Syllabus|
|IAS Study Material||IAS Exam Pattern|
|IAS Admit Card||IAS Result|
|IAS Exam Syllabus||IAS Preparation Tips|
|IAS Success Stories||How To Become IAS Or IPS Officer|