Union Public Service Commission releases IAS Notification before conducting IAS Exam. Online Application Forms are invited by Union Public Service Commission till last date that is 17th March 2017. Before applying for exam, applicants are required to read complete IAS Notification 2017. Preliminary Indian Administrative Service Exam 2017 will be held on 18th June 2017 and Main Exam will be organized on 28th October 2017.
Union Public Service Commission conducts exam in two sections Preliminary exam and 2nd is Main exam every year. You can obtain further information about IAS Recruitment Notification like eligibility, selection process, age limit and procedure to fill application form etc. by scrolling down this page which is created by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
What’s the IAS Eligibility Criteria?
- Applying candidates should be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from the recognized University or Institute.
- If contender pursuing for graduation final year and waiting for their result then he / she would be appeared for the Civil Services Preliminary Exam. While appearing for the Civil Services Main Examination at that time you have to produce final result to take the exam.
Check Out: IAS Eligibility Criteria
What’s the IAS Age Limit?
- Candidates who are appearing for the exam should not be above than 32 years of age.
- Relaxation in age for the reserved community candidates will be given as per the rules and regulation of organization.
What is the Age Relaxation?
|Category of Applier||Upper Age Limit|
|SC/ ST||37 Years|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years|
|J & K Domicile||
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||
How Much I Pay For IAS exam?
- Contenders who are applying may have to pay the appropriate amount as IAS Application Fee which would be decided by the organization.
- The application fee will be deposited through any branch SBI Bank by doing cash payment or by using online services such as Net banking / Visa / Master / Credit / Debit Card which are provided by Bank.
What is the IAS Selection Procedure?
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Preliminary and main examination.
- After qualifying the said exams will be called for the next level which interview is round and it will be conducted by the selection panel of organization.
Do You Know: How To Become IAS Or IPS Officer
What’s the IAS Exam Pattern?
- The exam pattern contains two phases Preliminary & Main which are discussed below:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam is of Objective Type. After clearing the exam you will appear for Main Exam.
- The Civil Services (Main) Exam includes Written as well as Interview.
IAS Preliminary Exam pattern:
|Paper 1||General Studies||200 marks||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Skills||200 marks||2 hours|
To Crack Indian Administrative Services Exam, Read Below Links:
- IAS Interview Questions Answers
- IAS Previous Year Papers, Questions
- IAS Preparation Tips
- IAS Exam Pattern
- IAS Syllabus
IAS Main Exam pattern:
|Qualifying Paper||Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Papers to be counted for merit||Paper-I||Essay||250|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Any two optional subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750|
List of IAS Exam Centre:
For Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination:
Also Check: IAS Study Material
For Civil Services (Mains) Examination:
How can I fill IAS Online Application Form?
- Firstly you are required to visit the official website of organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- Follow ‘what’s New’ section and choose suitable link to read suitable notification.
- After reading the notification you need to press “UPSC ONLINE APPLICATIONS” which is available at left side of the home page.
- After that, you are required to “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” link to proceed further.
- After that, you need to first hit on “Part-I Registration” and by pressing yes button to go head.
- Now, fill the Online Application Form in an appropriate manner.
- After filling the application form you are require to pay the application fee.
- Then, you have to proceed to select the examination center.
- Now, you have to upload photo and signature and tick on Agreeing to declaration to successfully submit the application form.
- After that, a log in id and password will be generated which will be sent to your email id or display at your computer screen.
- After successfully register for Pat-1 you are required to register for Part-2.
- For Part-2 registration you have to Registration-Id and date of birth and hit on submit tab.
- After that, you are needed to fill application form and submit.
- At last while filling both of the form you must take print out of it for further use.
Check Here: Process to Fill Online Application Form
IAS Exam Date:
- Notification will be available: 22nd February 2017
- Last date to submit online application form: 17th March 2017 (Friday)
- Date of IAS Preliminary Exam 2017: 18th June 2017 (Sunday)
- Date of IAS Main Exam, 2017: 28th October 2017 (Saturday)
Candidates may attain further detail about IAS Notification 2017 through this Official Link. You are advised to stay connected with our website to attain more relevant information regarding Indian Administrative Services.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IAS Admit Card||IAS Result|
|IAS Application Form||IAS Cut Off List|
|IAS Success Stories||IAS Officer Salary|
|IAS Answer Key||Best IAS Coaching Centers in India|