IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners
Aspirants preparing for the civil service exam must be confused about how to start their preparation. So here we are providing IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners along with Best Strategy and Complete Guide Tips.
To crack the Indian Administrative Service Exam is not an easy task. One has to work very hard to achieve their goal. But on this page we are going to provide some IAS Preparation Tips by which you can prepare for exams without taking coaching classes.
Best IAS Success Tips for Beginners
There is an expression in English – “The early bird catches the worm”. Early birds are persons who start their actions much early than most others. So just start your preparation for IAS as early as you can.
For your ease in preparation, we are listing some of the best Strategies to crack IAS Exam. To collect more stuff about Best Strategy to crack IAS Exam, go through this page well prepared by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners
Best Strategy to prepare for IAS Exam/Complete Guide for Preparation:
Contenders preparing for civil service exam are generally confused. Many of them are uncertain about how to begin preparation. Those having numerous queries concerning preparation may refer IAS Preparation Tips.
Those who want to grab opportunity to become an Indian Administrative Officer; they must check IAS Eligibility before filling of IAS Application Form 2018.
Those willing to apply for UPSC Indian Administrative Services Exam 2018 may possess Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from the recognized University. Here are IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners.
Step 1: Know about IAS 2018 Exam Date:
IAS Exam is one of the toughest exams in India. But those passionate to crack IAS Exam may check exam date to plan out preparation. As per IAS 2018 Application Form Notification, this year test is scheduled to be held on 03-06-2018.
Step 2: Understand IAS Syllabus 2018:
At first step, you may refer IAS Exam Syllabus. By going through IAS 2018 Syllabus of Preliminary Examination & Main Examination, you may plan your preparation. In prelims exam, General Ability Test & Civil Services Aptitude Test is organized.
Step 3: Take help from latest Exam Pattern 2018:
Ensure IAS Exam Pattern & know about distribution of marks allotted to each section. As per Preliminary Examination pattern, Objective type (multiple choice questions) of 400 marks is asked in paper.
Step 4: Refer IAS Previous Year Papers:
Candidates preparing for IAS exam may refer IAS Previous Year Papers for better preparation. By going through IAS Question Papers, you may know about type & nature of questions asked in paper.
Step 5: Take help from study material:
IAS Study Material for History, geography, General Science, Indian Polity & other subjects will help you a lot in preparation. You may plan your studies well for exam preparation. Allot time to all topics to crack exam.
Step 6: Manage your time for preparation:
Those preparing for IAS Exam 2018, common question come in their mind like How Much Time Is Required To Prepare For IAS It all depends on your time management skills & time allotted to each section.
Step 7: Work on Previous Year IAS question Papers
Though previous and upcoming year question paper may differ but you must take them and practice. Because by doing so you’ll have an idea about the possible questions from subject areas.
This study method will help you to finish the answers within the allowed time. You may get the previous year IAS question papers by downloading them for free as it available online.
Subject wise IAS Preparation Tips
Now we are providing some IAS Preparation Tips for you all. You need to focus on every subject because every subject is equally important. So here we are discussing some IAS preparation tips for different subjects which are asked in prelims and mains exams.
A stress is given to general studies and their topics. This subject is should be covered in both exams. In this various topics you have to be covered.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and governance
- Economic and social development
- General issues on environmental ecology
- General science
For preparation of these subjects you need to read Hindu/Indian Express newspaper so you can connect with all the happenings around in the world. You can refer NCERT Books, Indian polity, Pratiyogita Darpan, Different magazines etc. Through follow these guidelines all your topics would be covered.
The language which is to be chosen by you will be properly known by you all. All basics of that language should be learning to you. You need to daily practice for that language so that all basics should be kept in your mind.
Under English subject various topics are been covered like comprehensions, Precis Writing, Usage and Vocabulary, Short Essay. You need to prepare all topics which are covered in this subject. All topics you can cover easily if you use sample papers, dictionary etc. You can enhance your Vocabulary skills if you daily use of English with anyone. This will help you to develop your skills. In English you need to also focus on grammar, sentences, spelling mistakes etc.
For this subject you need to prepare some tips and strategies so that you can write a good essay in examination. Here are some tips for this subject.
- Try to write a few essays in full during your preparation time and think that you are in examination hall.
- Familiarize yourself with previous essays asked by UPSC in previous papers so that you will have a clear picture about the type and standard of questions to be expected.
- Avoid long-windedness and flowery language. Use a simple style instead.
- Read some important topics for essay so that you can easily write an essay on any topic.
- Give concentrate on various topics like politics, entertainment, current affairs etc. because these topics are generally asked in exam.
Get Here Topic & Tips: Important Essay Topics for Competitive Exams
These are the subjects covered in mains exams. The subject which you are chose you need to know all basics of that subjects so that you can prepare well. You need to clear all fundamentals, basics of that subject so that you can easily clear that subject.
Tips to Crack IAS Exam
- Prepare thoroughly and begin as early as possible.
- Before memorizing, try to know what you’re studying. If you focus on understanding, you will be able to phrase the answers better.
- Practice previous year question papers and sample papers you can also practice various UPSC online tests for the perfect preparation.
- Solve many puzzles and quizzes these will improve your logical thinking.
- It is important to plan out each answer before answering therefore Make your beginning motivating.
- Keep your mind set with the latest news and trends. Read newspapers and magazines as it is already mentioned that for IAS jobs excellent awareness on current affairs and latest happenings is required and necessary too.
- As you are appearing for the civil exams, you should have a thorough knowledge on the working of Government and know how it operates. Keep a nub of everything
You may refer IAS Preparation Tips to score well in exam. Revise all topics from time to time. Besides this, you may refer sample papers, previous year papers, current affairs etc for better preparation for civil service exam.
Develop habit of reading newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India or others for better preparation of exam. Hope, all these study material, tips to crack IAS Exam will be beneficial for you.
IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners are well prescribed on this page. You may stay connected with our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for getting more updates about latest exam, recruitment etc.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IAS Preparation Books||UPSC IAS Result|
|UPSC IAS Answer Key||IAS 2018 Notification|
|How To Become IAS Or IPS Officer?||Best IAS Coaching Centers in India|
|UPSC Calendar||IAS Admit Card|