IAS Exam Pattern
Students must have look on new IAS Exam Pattern to crack India’s toughest entrance exam that is IAS Exam. On this web page, we are sharing paper wise i.e. IAS Preliminary and Mains Exam Pattern.
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct written examination to recruit candidates on various posts.So if you are preparing for Indian Administrative Exam they must have knowledge about IAS Exam Pattern 2018 to make strong strategy.
Check New IAS Prelims/Mains Exam Pattern:
Contenders who are going to appear in this Exam and want to know IAS Exam marking scheme they may download UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern from this page. This UPSC IAS Exam Pattern will help you to create better preparation plan for exam.
Those applicants who will qualify in the Preliminary Examination they will be eligible for appear in Main Examination. For acquiring more details about UPSCIndian Administrative Exam Patternyou may scroll this web page which is well tailored by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Check Here – IAS 2018 Application Form
IAS Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Service Exam Pattern includes preliminary, mains exam and interview. Applicants may attain complete information of Exam Pattern for Civil Services to prepare in a way as they can. So, for the ease of candidates we are sharing the IAS Exam Pattern 2018.
IAS Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carries a maximum of 400 marks.
- This exam is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks attained in the Preliminary Exam by aspirants who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be wiling for admission to Main Examination.
- There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers.
|Paper 1||General Studies||200 marks||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Skills||200 marks||2 hours|
Also Check – IAS Exam Syllabus
IAS Main Exam pattern:
- UPSC IAS Main Exam consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in subjects out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Their marks will not be counted in main examination.
- Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper–Ito Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
|Paper||Subject||No of Marks|
|Qualifying Papers (Non-Ranking)|
|Paper A||One of the Indian Language to be selected by the applicants from the languages included in the Eight Schedule to the Constitution.||300|
|Papers to be Counted for Merit (Ranking)|
|Paper II||General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV ( Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject- Paper 1||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject- Paper 2||250|
|For the optional papers in the Main Examination, UPSC has a list of about twenty-six subjects out of which any one subject has to be selected by the candidate.|
Know About – How to Become IAS Officer
Press Here For Download IAS Exam Pattern PDF
UPSC IAS Interview or Personality Test:
Candidates who will qualify in Pre and Main exam will have to go through with interview round. This interview consist 275 marks. Final selection of aspirants will be done on merit basis according to their marks in Pre, Mains and Interview which will be evaluated in 2,025 marks that is Grand Total. Students need to score good marks to crack this toughest entrance exam.
Read About – IAS Interview Questions Answers
Something Important To Know About IAS 2018 Exam:
Union Public Service Commission generally conducts IAS Exam or Civil Services Examination (CSE) to recruit eligible and hard working candidates. The Union Public Service Commission IAS Examination will consist of Two Stages that is Stage I and Stage II.
- Stage I- Preliminary Examination or Prelims Examination or CSAT
- Stage II- Mains Examination which is inclusive of a Personality Test/Interview
It is mandatory for the candidate to qualify both the stages. Candidate who qualify written examination or Stage I then will be called for Personality Test/Interview/Stage II. Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her interview performance. Candidates finally be selected then will called for Document Verification process.
Also Check – IAS Preparation Tips
IAS Exam Preparation Tips:
Candidates to score good marks must follow these preparation tips:
- Firstly candidates need to check theUPSC IAS Exam Pattern and syllabus mentioned by the commission on official website
- After that make time table according to it
- Now candidate should also check exam pattern from official website
- Through exam pattern candidate should get an idea about which subject he/she should focus more or which topic have more weightage
- Candidate should also make notes of important topics and tricks to solve difficult numerical questions
- Candidate should practice previous year question papers
- Candidate also give online mock test
Dear students if you want to know more about the same, or want to get latest updates of IAS Exam Pattern 2018, keep visiting our official web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google plus. You can subscribe our free email service to get its update in your inbox directly.
More Links Related To IAS
|IAS Eligibility Criteria||IAS Previous Year Papers|
|IAS Cut Off||IAS Officer Salary|
|IAS Preparation Books||IAS Success Stories|
|IAS Study Material||IAS Answer Key|