IAS Exam Pattern
Still Preparing From OLD SYLLABUS? Students must have look on latest IAS Exam Pattern to crack India’s toughest entrance exam that is IAS Exam. The UPSC conducts Civil Services exam includes Indian Administrative Services, Indian Forest Services, Indian Foreign Services, Indian Police Services, etc. every year. So if you are preparing for Indian Administrative Services Exam must have knowledge about exam details to make strong strategy. UPSC IAS Exam consists two parts i.e. Preliminary and Mains exam. Candidates who want to get complete exam pattern may hit the related link from this page and also collect latest updates about IAS Exam Pattern 2017.
Contenders who are preparing for most prestigious exam of country should have knowledge of UPSC IAS Exam Pattern it will helps you to create better preparation plan for exam. Aspirants need to qualify IAS Prelims Exam then will have to appear in IAS Mains Exam which will be held in month of December. For acquiring more details you may scroll this web page which is well tailored by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
IAS Exam Pattern
UPSC conducts Civil services Exam in three phases Preliminary & Main and Interview:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts
Check Here: IAS Study Material
IAS Exam Pattern for Preliminary Exam:
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carries a maximum of 400 marks.
- This exam is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks attained in the Preliminary Exam by aspirants who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be wiling for admission to Main Examination.
- There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers.
|Paper 1||General Studies||200 marks||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Skills||200 marks||2 hours|
Get Here Best: IAS Preparation Tips
IAS Exam pattern for Main Exam:
- Written exam consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in subjects out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Their marks will not be counted in main examination.
- Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper–Ito Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
|Paper 1||One of the Indian languages chosen from the prescribed list||300 marks|
|Paper 2||English||300 marks|
|Paper 3||Essay||250 marks|
|Paper 4th/5th/6th/7th||General Studies (250 marks for each paper)||1000 marks|
|Paper 8th & 9th||Optional subject 1||500 marks|
|Total Marks||1750 marks|
Must Check: IAS Previous Year Papers, Questions
UPSC IAS Interview or Personality Test:
Candidates who will qualify in Pre and Main exam will have to go through with interview round. This interview consist 275 marks. Final selection of aspirants will be done on merit basis according to their marks in Pre, Mains and Interview which will be evaluated in 2,025 marks that is Grand Total. Students need to score good marks to crack this toughest entrance exam.
Read Out: IAS Interview Questions Answers
Indian Administrative Services Exam Syllabus
Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam:
Firstly candidates need to qualify pre exam. You are advised to make strong grip on subjects to achieve your goal. This exam consist two subjects as given below.
- General Studies
- General Ability or Aptitude
Syllabus for UPSC IAS Main Exam:
After qualifying the pre exam you have to appear in Main Exam. This exam contains 9 papers. 2 papers out of 9 are qualifying nature and rest 7 papers are merit ranking. Topics of main exam are given below. Must have look and start preparation for obtaining good marks.
Also Check: Best IAS Coaching Centers in India
|S.No.||Name of the Paper.||Name of the Subject|
|1.||Paper – A.||Indian Languages.|
|2.||Paper – B.||English.|
|3.||Paper – I.||Essay.|
|4.||Paper – II.||General Studies – I.|
|5.||Paper – III.||General Studies – II.|
|6.||Paper – IV.||General Studies – III.|
|7.||Paper – V.||General Studies – IV.|
|8.||Paper – VI.||Optional Subject (Paper – 1).|
|9.||Paper – VII.||Optional Subject (Paper – 2).|
Check Here: IAS Syllabus
Topics for UPSC IAS Interview:
If you are one of them who are not well- known about which type of question will be asked in interview. So you are on right place. Here we are providing you some topics will helps to get clear idea about questions. Aspirants have to be honest and confident about the answers. The main topics consist in interview as framed below:
- Mental Alertness.
- Clear & Logical Exposition.
- Knowledge & Interest of Current Affairs.
- Specificness & Depth of Interests.
- Leadership Skills.
- Critical Powers of Assimilation.
- Social Traits.
- Balance of Judgement.
- Ability of Social Cohesion.
- Intellectual & Moral Integrity.
Do You Know: How To Become IAS Or IPS Officer
Dear students if you want to know more about the same, or want to get latest updates of IAS Exam Pattern 2017, keep visiting our official web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google plus. You can subscribe our free email service to get its update in your inbox directly.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IAS Admit Card||IAS Result|
|IAS Exam Syllabus||IAS Notification|
|IAS Success Stories||IAS Cut Off List|
|IAS Answer Key||IAS Officer Salary|
|IAS Application Form||IAS Eligibility Criteria|