IAS Exam Syllabus
Download IAS Exam Syllabus PDF for Prelims and Mains Examination from here!! Paper Wise UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in PDF is also available on this page, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead as soon as possible.
Candidates participating in Pre Exam on 02.06.2019 and Mains on 20.09.2019 can start preparation of according to IAS Prelims Exam Syllabus/ IAS Mains Exam Syllabus that is well described below for your comfort.
IAS Exam 2019 Highlights
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam|| Indian Administrative Service/|
Civil Services Examination
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 Notification||19.02.2019|
|Last date to submit IAS 2019 Online Application Form||18.03.2019|
|Civil Services Pre Exam Dates||02.06.2019 (SUNDAY)|
|Announcement of Preliminary Exam Result||August 2019|
|IAS Mains Exam Date||20.09.2019 (FRIDAY)|
|Announcement of Main Exam Result||January 2020|
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus PDF Download
Syllabus of IAS Exam 2019 PDF Download for Indian Administrative Service/ Civil Services Examination in Hindi or English directly from here. Candidates can check UPSC IAS Syllabus 2019 PDF for Prelims & Mains separately by moving their cursor downwards on this page that is well designed by www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IAS Exam Syllabus 2019
IAS Exam Paper 1 Syllabus (Prelims 2019)
IAS Exam Syllabus Prelims for Preliminary stage consist two papers and there is negative marking for each wrong answer that is 1/3rd of marks allotted for every question.
- Paper-I: General Ability Test
- Paper-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test
IAS Preliminary Exam Paper 1 Syllabus – (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic
- Geography of India and the World included in IAS Pre Syllabus.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System,
- Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc including in IAS Exam Syllabus Hindi.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development,
- Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and
- Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science included in IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus.
IAS Exam Detailed Syllabus For Paper II-(200 marks)
- Comprehension included in Syllabus of IAS Exam with Marks;
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical Reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability included in IAS Pre Exam Syllabus
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations,
- Orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables,
- data sufficiency etc. — Class X level) included in IAS Exam Syllabus Subject Wise
IAS Exam Paper 2 Syllabus (Mains 2019)
Candidate’s rank in UPSC Civil Service Exam depends only on the mark scored in Main and Interview. IAS Exam Syllabus Mains consist total 7 + 2 = 9 papers and all of them are descriptive types.
IAS Exam Essay Syllabus For Paper I
- Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics.
- They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion, and to write concisely.
- Credit will be given for effective and exact expression included in Syllabus of IAS Exam.
IAS Written Exam Syllabus of Paper II
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times included in IAS Exam Syllabus and Pattern.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/ contributions from different parts of the country included in IAS Exam 2019 Syllabus.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.— their forms and effect on the society included in IAS Exam Syllabus 2019.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society included in IAS Exam Latest Syllabus.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
IAS Exam Syllabus Main for Paper III
- Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings, Evolution,
- Features, Amendments, Significant Provisions And Basic Structure
- Functions And Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure, Devolution of Powers and Finances up To Local Levels and Challenges Therein included in IAS Exam Syllabus For 2019 in Hindi.
- Separation Of Powers Between Various Organs Dispute Redressal
- Mechanisms And Institutions included in UPSC IAS Syllabus in Hindi.
- Comparison Of The Indian Constitutional Scheme With That Of Other Countries.
- Parliament And State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct Of
- Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out Of These.
- Structure, Organization And Functioning Of The Executive And The
- Judiciary—Ministries And Departments Of The Government; Pressure
- Groups And Formal/Informal Associations And Their Role In The Polity.
- Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act included in UPSC Exam New Syllabus.
- Appointment To Various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions
- And Responsibilities of Various Constitutional Bodies included in IAS Exam Pattern with Syllabus.
- Statutory, Regulatory and Various Quasi-Judicial Bodies.
IAS Exam Syllabus Topic Wise For Paper IV (General Studies)
- (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-Diversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management)
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it
- Government Budgeting included in UPSC Exam Latest Syllabus
- Development, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment included in UPSC IAS Exam New Syllabus
- Disaster and disaster management
IAS Exam Complete Syllabus For Paper V (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and ; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion
- Emotional, and their utilities and application in administration and governance
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, and administrators; of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values included in IAS Exam Syllabus in Detail.
Choose From Here: Best Optional Subject For IAS Mains Exam
IAS Exam Optional Syllabus For Paper VI & VII
List of Optional Subjects for Main Exam:
UPSC Exam Syllabus Optional Subjects consists of the following optional papers. In order to check Detailed IAS Exam Syllabus Optional Subjects, you are required to choose your optional subject firstly.
|Mechanical Engineering||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
|Political Science and International Relations||Civil Engineering|
|Psychology||Commerce and Accountancy|
|Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.|
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2019 – FAQ’s
Question 1. How many subjects we have to choose for IAS Main exam?
Answer: For the civil services examination, UPSC provides a list of optional subjects. Candidates have to choose one optional for the mains exam. The optional subject has two papers of 250 marks each.
Question 2. How many hours of study is required for IAS?
Answer: The UPSC civil services exam is considered one of the toughest exams in the country. And, because of this, a lot of people recommend studying for about 15 hours per day during the IAS exam preparation time.
Question 3. How can I prepare for IAS Prelims?
Answer: Candidates can start preparation of IAS Prelims Exam with the help of above mentioned IAS Exam Syllabus For 2019. Apart from UPSC IAS Pre Exam Syllabus, you may check the given links also, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead and hit the appropriate link as per your need.
IAS Exam Pattern 2019
IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
|Papers||Name of the Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||100||200|
IAS Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|A||(One of the Indian languages listed below,|
to be selected by the candidate (from the
languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to
the Constitution of India) (Qualifying)
|II||General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture,|
history and geography of the world and society)
|III||General Studies II (Governance, constitution,|
polity, social justice, and international relations)
|IV||General Studies III (Technology,|
economic development, biodiversity,
environment, security and disaster management)
|V||General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude)||250|
|Two papers on subjects to be selected by|
the candidate from the list of optional subjects
below (250 marks for each paper)
UPSC IAS Interview 2019 Details
- Shortlisted candidates after the declaration of UPSC IAS Mains Results 2019 will participate in Interview/ Personality Test round.
- The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
Sub Total (Written Test): 1750 Marks
Personality Test: 275 Marks
Grand Total: 2025 Marks
If you find the above information about IAS Exam Syllabus 2019 helpful then you can bookmark this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing Ctrl + D. For more updates on UPSC IAS Syllabus, you can follow us on social media and get instant update related to Syllabus for IAS.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|UPSC IAS Admit Card||IAS Application Form|
|IAS Cut Off List||IAS Officer Salary|
|IAS Interview Questions In Hindi||IAS Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC IAS Result||UPSC IAS Answer Key|