IAS Application Form
IAS Exam is also known as Indian Administrative Service, a national level competition exam conducted by UPSC annually to select eligible Indians. Regarding this, IAS Application Form has been released by Union Public Service Commission. The application procedure of Civil services examination is divided into 2 Parts- Part I & Part II.
To confirm candidature, applicants must have completed both parts of application procedure successfully. Candidates who want to attend UPSC Civil Service (Prelims) need to fill registration form from here between 19-02-2019 to 18-03-2019.
Through UPSC IAS Civil Service Exam, organization will selects candidates for civil services like IPS, IFS (Foreign), IAS, IRS, IDAS, CAPF-AF and others. Nearly 2 lac candidates appear for the Civil Services Examinations each year.
UPSC Civil Service Exam Dates!!!
IAS Prelims Exam will be conducted on 02-06-2019 and Main Exam will be conducted on 20-09-2019. Read all the instructions carefully before applying against UPSC IAS Preliminary Examination 2019.
For more details about IAS Application Form 2019-2020, take a look of below page tailored by team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com Get process to fill UPSC Civil Service Online Application Form from here.
IAS Application Form
Highlights of IAS Exam
|Exam Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Expected Registration||Approx. 3 lakh|
|No. of Vacancies||Nearly 700|
How to Fill UPSC IAS Online Application Form?
Before filling online application form, applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria. If they fulfill the eligibility criteria, then you have to follow the given instructions to fill IAS Prelims Application Form:
- To IAS Apply Online, candidates first visit the official site that is upsconline.nic.in
- Then on home page, select and hit “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” link to fill IAS Application Form.
- Then choose the appropriate link and hit on “Part I Registration” link to fill IAS Application Form.
UPSC IAS Part I Registration:
- Now applicants will have to fill basic information in IAS Online Registration Form.
- On submission of details, applicants will be prompted to check the details provided in IAS Application Form and make correction.
- Before going to UPSC IAS Registration, applicants must have scanned photograph.
- Then fill IAS Online Form with all required details.
- Then pay UPSC IAS Online Form fee online though SBI net banking or cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- Submit the UPSC IAS Application Form fee and then again revisit the site for part two registration.
UPSC IAS Part II Registration:
- Complete the Part-II registration by filling the other details in IAS Application Form.
- On successful completion of your complete UPSC Civil Service Online Form, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id.
- In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II IAS Application Form has been made by you.
- Upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph and signature along with IAS Online Application Form.
- Check UPSC Civil Service Application Form at once and press on “Submit” button for final confirmation.
- At last, take a print out of system generated UPSC IAS Application Form for further references.
IAS Application Fee:
- Candidates who are filling IAS Application Form 2019 are required to pay sum of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net Banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master/RuPayCredit/Debit card.
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates: Exempted from paying fee.
IAS Eligibility Criteria 2019:
- For IAS and IPS, applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Other services require candidates to be either,
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 to settle permanently.
- An Indian origin migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam who came to permanently settle in India.
Applying applicants must have completed graduate degree in relevant field from a government recognized college or university or its equivalent against IAS Recruitment.
Get More: Jobs after Graduation
IAS Age Limit:
The age limit of applying candidates against UPSC IAS Recruitment 2019 should be between 21 years to 32 years and age relaxation will be given to reserved category applicants.
|Category||Upper Age Limit Against IAS Vacancy|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Year, OBC= 40 Year, SC/ST=40 Year, PH=50 Year|
|Disabled servicemen.||GEN=37 Year, OBC=40 Year, SC/ST=40 Year.|
Check Now: IAS Eligibility Criteria
Number of Attempts for UPSC Civil Services/ IAS Exam:
|Category||No. of Attempts against IAS Vacancies|
|Open Category||6 times|
IAS Selection Procedure:
The selection for Indian Administrative Services will be done on the basis of candidates’ performance in pre exam, mains exam and personal interview. Individuals need to come along with their original documents at the time of personal interview round.
The Exam Pattern For IAS 2019 Is Given In The Table Below:
|Medium||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|Number of qualifying papers||2|
|Total weightage||400 Marks (200 each)|
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Negative marking for each|
|Duration of exam||2 Hours per Paper|
|Medium||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|Number of qualifying papers||7|
|Total weightage||1750 Marks|
|Type of questions||Both Objective and Subjective|
|Negative marking for each incorrect answer||one-third (only for objective type questions)|
|Duration of exam||3 Hours per Paper|
IAS 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern:
|Name of the paper||No. of questions/|
|General Studies Paper I||100/200|
|General Studies paper II||80/200|
Check IAS Preparation Material Here:
IAS 2019 Mains Exam Pattern:
- Paper I- (one Indian language to be selected from the languages included in eighth schedule of the constitution) 300 marks
- Paper II- (English Language) 300 marks
Papers to be counted on merits
|Paper-A: Modern Indian Language skills||300|
|Paper-B: English Language skills||300|
|Paper-1: Essay Writing||250|
|Paper-2: General Studies-I||250|
|Paper-3: General Studies-II||250|
|Paper-4: General Studies-III||250|
|Paper-5: General Studies-IV||250|
|Paper-6: Optional Subject Paper-1||250|
|Paper-7: Optional Subject Paper-2||250|
UPSC IAS Exam Centres for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination:
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Siliguri|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar|
UPSC IAS Exam Centres for Civil Services Mains Exam
To crack Union Public Service Commission IAS 2019 exam, one should need to prepare from previous year question papers and syllabus. You are required to hit on the available link to download IAS Syllabus.
IAS Important Dates:
Advertisement Releasing Date
|UPSC IAS Examination Online|
Registration Starting Date
|Last Date to Fill IAS Application Form||18-03-2019|
|IAS Pre Exam Date||02-06-2019|
|IAS Mains Exam Date||20-09-2019 (5 days)|
|Declaration of final result||January 2020|
Posts Offered through IAS:
|Group A Services|
|Indian Administrative Service||Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service|
|Indian Audit and Accounts Service||Indian Postal Service|
|Indian Civil Accounts Service||Indian Railway Accounts Service|
|Indian Corporate Law Service||Indian Railway Personnel Service|
|Indian Defence Accounts Service||Indian Railway Traffic Service|
|Indian Defence Estates Service||Indian Revenue Service (Custom and Central Excise)|
|Indian Foreign Service||Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)|
|Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)||Indian Trade Service (Gr. III)|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)||Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force|
|Indian Police Service||—|
|Group B Services|
|Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services (Section Officer’s Grade)||Pondicherry Civil Service|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Services||Pondicherry Police Service|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services||–|
Preparation Books for IAS Exam 2019:
|History Of Modern India (History)||Bipan Chandra|
|India’s Struggle For Independence (History)||Bipan Chandra|
|India’s Ancient Past (History)||R.S. Sharma|
|History Of Medieval India (History)||Satish Chandra|
|A New Look at Modern Indian History||BL Grover|
|The Wonder That Was India (Culture)||A.L. Bhasham|
|Indian Art and Culture (Culture)||Nitin Singhania|
|Our Parliament||Subash Kashyap|
|Geography of India (Geography)||Majid Husain|
|Oxford School Atlas (Geography)||Oxford|
|Science and Technology||TMH|
|CSAT Book Cracking the CSAT Paper-2||Arihant|
|Certificate Physical and Human Geography (Geography)||Goh Cheng Leong|
|Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations (Polity)||M. Laxmikanth|
|Indian Economy (Economy)||Ramesh Singh|
|Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure (Environment)||Rajagopalan|
|A History of Modern World||Ranjan Chakravarti|
|Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains (Environment)||Khuller|
|Facets of Indian Culture||Spectrum|
|Indian Constitution||PM Bakshi|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
IAS 2019 Expected Cut off for different categories is tabulated below:
To Get Latest Recruitment Directly In Your Mail Box: Submit Mail ID Here
If you find the above information about IAS Application Form 2019 helpful, then you can bookmark this page which is created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing Ctrl.+D. Clear your doubts (if any) regarding IAS Application Form by writing it in the comment box which is framed below, our experts will try their best to solve it. Follow us on Facebook and Google+ to get latest details about IAS Application Form.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|UPSC IAS Answer Key||IAS Cut Off|
|IAS Officer Salary||How to Become IAS Officer|
|IAS Success Stories||IAS Topper|
|IAS Interview Questions Answers||UPSC IAS Result|