UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants who are keen to apply against Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Notification are informed that they can check UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility Criteria from here!! Union Public Service Commission organizes IES/ISS to hire skilled and eligible candidates for the designation of Officers in UPSC Indian Economical and Statistical Service. So it is foremost important for the aspirants to go through the eligibility criteria before applying and the keen contenders who are desirous to apply for UPSC IES/ISS examination, they may get the complete details through this page. To get detailed information about UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility Criteria 2018, Age Limit and Qualification, aspirants need to read the complete post.
Highlights of this page
|Age Relaxation||Educational Qualification|
|Selection Process||Important Note|
UPSC conducts Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination every year at various examination centers; this is mainly done to check the suitability of the candidate for the profile of IES/ISS Officers. However there are large numbers of applicants who are attracted to appear in the examination to grab the reputed job in government department. So the union government has set some eligibility norms which and it is necessary for aspirants to attain all what essential in criteria.
Here we have presented complete details regarding UPSC IES/ISS Exam Eligibility Criteria, interested contenders may scroll down the page to fetch all the required information in this concern. Our expertise and hardworking team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com have well asserted detailed information in this concern, so must have a careful glance.
UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have set their mind to apply against UPSC Notification for IES/ISS Exam, they check details about Union Public Service Commission Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service eligibility criteria. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the IES/ISS Exam.
A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Get Here: UPSC Calendar
- The candidates who are going to apply against UPSC IES/ISS Notification must meet with the age criteria set by the concerned authority, according to which the minimum age of the applying aspirants should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 30 years.
- There will be upper age relaxation given to the candidates who belongs to specific reserve category as per the norms of the commission. Candidates can check details of age relaxation by going through the below given information about age relaxation.
Here we have furnished complete details regarding age relaxation that is provided to the applying candidates as per the rules and norms set by the concerned authority. So check the following points
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will enjoy 5 years age relaxation.
- The candidates who are from Other backward Classes (OBC) they will be given 3 years of age relaxation.
- Contenders who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989.], they will be benefitted with additionally by 5 years of relaxation.
- 3 years relaxation will be given to Defence Services personnel who are disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Candidates will be provided with 5 years of age relaxation in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs.
- In the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons, they will be granted with 10 years of relaxation in age.
Download Notification Here: UPSC IES Application Form
For Indian Economic Service: Aspirants who want to get recruited for the post of Indian Economic Service officer, they should have completed their Post-graduate in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics /Econometrics from a recognized university/institute which must be incorporated by an act of the central government or state legislature in India.
For Indian Statistical Service: Aspirant who is interested to apply for the post of Indian Statistical Service Officer, they must attain degree of Post-Graduate in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognized university/ institute which must be incorporated by an act of the central government or state legislature in India.
Find Out: Latest Jobs by Qualification
- Firstly the Union Public Service Commission invites the online application and numerous of applicants apply for it.
- Then the preliminary screening of applications is done based on the eligibility norms set by the authority of concerned department.
- After the candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria appears in the written exam at various examination centers across India.
- The contenders who perform well in the written exam are required to attend the interview process which personal intellectual skills of individual are judged.
- After that the final selection of the aspirants is made on the basis of performance of candidates in interview round.
Get Here Topic Wise: IES Syllabus
We have given here all the possible information about UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility Criteria for the ease of the aspirants. Those candidates who want to attain more information related to it, they are suggested to visit the official website of the UPSC. And If you have any regarding this post then you can ask us by typing in the below given comment box.
Candidates are thereby advised to regularly visit our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com for regular update as per Union Public Service Commission notifications. You can bookmark this page by using control + d key or you may follow us on Face book, Google or twitter to get latest information directly on your timeline.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IES Admit Card||UPSC IES Result|
|UPSC IES Answer Key||Uttar Pradesh Jobs|
|UPSC Interview Questions and Answers||More Government Jobs|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Study Material|