UPSC Interview Questions and Answers
To crack Union Public Service Commission Interview round, individuals need to be more focused and well prepared. For willing contenders, we are providing some helpful UPSC Interview Questions and Answers on this web page.
These questions are most important because they were asked in last 10 years interview of Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam.
Some Important Things for you:
Along with this, you will also get some useful preparation tips to crack UPSC Interview round and information about the things that are restricted to be done during PI.
So take a look at below section which is well created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com and get the usually asked UPSC Interview Questions and Answers.
UPSC Interview Questions and Answers
|NDA Interview Questions And Answers|
Questions Are Asked From Broadly Four Categories:
- Questions about You:
The interviewers generally asked some questions directly about you from your resume/CV, for example details about your name, your hobbies, your qualifications, your hometown etc.
- Current Affairs:
Anything and everything happened in past 5 years may be asked, but focus will be given on the current year. So be prepared about what is going on in the country.
Do You Know: How To Give Self Introduction In Interview
- Static Information:
Questions related to information about politics, economics, general knowledge, knowledge of your specific field are being asked in this section.
- Situational Questions:
You will definitely be asked why you are interested in the Civil Services. Other likely questions include why you believe you are suitable for the Civil Services and how you will deal with specific situations in the line of work if selected.
Check Out: 11 Common Interview Mistakes
Questions Asked in Last 10 Years of UPSC Interview:
Question-1: A cat has three children, cat named Their January, February, and March. What is the name of the cat?
Answer: The answer is in the question. A cat named is ‘What.’
Question-2: If I go away with your sister, what would you do?
Answer: For my sister, I cannot find as the right bridesmaid as you.
Question-3: How can a man live up to 8 days without sleep?
Answer: A man sleeps at night, then what you need to bed in the day
Question-4: Eight people take 10 hours to build a wall-mounted, how many days it would take to four people.
Answer: The Wall has already made eight people in 10 hours. No need to make it now.
Question-5: In which State is the Bay of Bengal?
Answer: In the liquid state.
Must Check: Interview Prep. Tips- By Experts
Question-6: A killer was sentenced to death. Shown three rooms. The first room is on fire second guns with the killer in the and the third Tiger, who had not eaten for three years. What should he choose?
Answer: Room number three, because three years will have died by now hungry, lion.
Question-7: What looks like half an apple?
Answer: The second half apple.
Question-8: Adarsh and Anupam two twins born in May, but their birthday is in June | How is that possible?
Answer: May is a place name.
Question-9: What often falls but never gets hurt?
Question-10: Why is it impossible to send a telegram to Washington today?
Answer: Because he is dead.
Get Best Answer: How to Dress For an Interview
These questions are provided so that you will get a direct idea about what type of questions are being asked in the Union Public Service Commission Interview.
The selection committee conducts personality test with the motive to check these following things of the contenders:
- Mental alertness
- Critical powers of assimilation
- Clear and logical exposition
- Social traits
- Interest and knowledge of current affairs
- Balance of judgment
- Variety and depth of interest
- Ability for social cohesion
- Leadership skills
- Intellectual and moral integrity
Read Now: How To Prepare For Interview
Some useful tips for a successful interview at UPSC:
- Be with a positive body language
- Being punctual shows your seriousness towards the meeting.
- Try to reach the interview place 15 minutes in advance in order that you’ll rest and obtain yourself able to deal the questions.
- Dressing nicely contributes to your self-worth – this contains, nice outfits, footwear and well done hair.
- Enter the interview room with a smile on your face and be confident.
- Answer questions clearly and confidently
- Try to remain calm and composed even when faced with provocative questions
- Try not getting into long winded explanations and answer to the point.
Things to Be Avoided at the UPSC Interview:
There are lots of things which must be avoided during interview round. Generally these types of things turn your positive impression into negative.
- Avoid the expression, ‘I am sorry.’
- Avoid conversational clichés, like: ‘as you know’, ‘that’s correct’, ‘of course’, ‘indeed’, ‘obviously’, etc.
- Avoid technical jargon even though, if a member continues to probe you in any technical field, you can use technical expressions.
- Maintain a cheerful disposition. Now and then you can appear serious; but most of the time keep smiling or look cheerful and composed.
- Do not give long introductions. Come straight to the heart of the matter.
- Show human concern whenever possible in your answers.
- Always look attentive and sit in good body posture.
- Do not raise your voice in front of interviewers.
- You have to be logically consistent and need to analyze things rationally while talking.
- Do not make hasty or sweeping generalizations
Know Here: How To Crack Interview
The UPSC Interview Questions and Answers which are given above will surely help you during your interview preparation. If you will follow the basic instructions then you will surely get some better results.
Stay tuned with the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com or follows us on social media to get updates on the preparation tips for UPSC Interview and questions asked in UPSC Interview round.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Application Form|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Exam List|