Union Public Service Commission conducts various exams to fill up various vacancies in many government sectors. There are several Public Service Commission exams executed by UPSC but before these UPSC discloses UPSC Syllabus for all Preliminary & Mains exam. Here, we are providing complete information regarding UPSC Syllabus 2016. So, job hunters who participate in any recruitment exam like IFS, NDA, CDS, Engineering Services, Civil Services, CMS, SCRA, Geologist, IES, CPF, IPS, IAS etc can download the Syllabus for All Subjects through this page.
Contenders, who are searching latest UPSC Syllabus of any exam, need not to go anywhere. From this single page, you can easily download UPSC Syllabus for all exams i.e. Preliminary & Mains exam. On this page, you get all details of union public service commission syllabus which will help you to know the subject and exam pattern also. In the below section, we are providing UPSC Syllabus of all exams.
UPSC Syllabus 2016These exams are held every year. Willing and qualified aspirants must read this page this till end so, you can get desired information. Candidates, you can download UPSC Syllabus in the form of PDF for Prelims & Mains Exam’s through this page.
Union Public Service Commission is India’s central agency which was come into existence on 1 October 1926. This commission is authorized for conducting various examinations. in below part, we are providing you the list of exam conducted by UPSC:
- Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination (IFSC)
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- National Defence Acadamy (NDA) & Naval Academy Examination (NAE)
- Combined Defence Services (CDS)
- Combined Medical Services (CMS)
- Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA)
- Geologist Examination (GE)
- Indian Economic/ Statistical Service
- Central Police Forces (CPF)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
Before starting preparation of any recruitment exam, we must know the syllabus of that exam. So, applicants who want to participate in UPSC Exam must check all details regarding UPSC exam syllabus through this page and save your valuable time for searching here and there. Union Public Service Commission contains the following syllabus, provided below.
UPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus
Union Public Service Commission Preliminary Exam has two papers of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) which contains maximum 400 marks. Question Papers sets are available in both languages as in English & Hindi.
a) UPSC Syllabus of Paper I:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
b) Paper II:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level
|English Comprehension & English Précis||100|
|Paper-III||General Studies –II||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies –IV||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||275|
|Total for Main Examination||1750|
Important Note: Job fighters may choose any optional subjects from the above list.
Optional subjects for Main Exam:
|Group-1||Agriculture, Animal Husbandry And Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce And Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography And Geology|
|Group-2||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu And English|
How to Download UPSC Syllabus in PDF:
- visit official website that is upsc.gov.in
- On home page select option as ‘Examination’
- Then, choose UPSC Syllabus link to applied post.
- UPSC Syllabus will be available in PDF file type format on your screen.
- At last, save and Download it in your PC.
On this single page, we are providing complete information of syllabus of Union Public Service Commission exam. You can also download it in PDF form from this page. To get information directly on your wall, you can join us on facebook and Google plus. Contenders, for obtaining latest updates regarding this notification keep visit on this page on regular basis. You can also bookmark this page by using control+D, to obtain up-to-date details regarding same. You can also collect more information of any competitive exam from our web portal i.e. recruitmentinbox.in like exam pattern, study material etc.
Check Important UPSC Updates
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Application Form|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Challan Form||UPSC Exam List|
|Latest Current Affairs||Sarkari Naukri- Latest Jobs|