UPSC CMS Syllabus
Download Here UPSC CMS Syllabus !! UPSC organizes CMS Exam to appoint medical graduates in Central Government Organizations and Services. Those candidates who wish to apply for UPSC CMS Recruitment are informed that CMS Notification will release on 10-04-2019 and you can apply for this recruitment till 06-05-2019.
Organization will conduct the Combined Medical Services Exam on 21-07-2019. Appearing candidates in following exam must download UPSC CMS Syllabus PDF for Paper 1 & 2 with Topic Wise from this page.
UPSC CMS Syllabus for Paper 1 & 2:
We are also listing direct ways to get UPSC Combined Medical Service Syllabus from upsc.gov.in for Paper 1 & 2. UPSC CMS 2019 Syllabus comprises all topics from which question paper for Combined Medical Service Exam is set.
Combined Medical Services Examination is conducted for recruiting eligible contenders for Junior Scale Posts, Asst Divisional Medical Officer in Central Health Services & others. To know more about UPSC CMS Syllabus 2019, go through this page designed by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
UPSC CMS Exam Details:
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services exam|
|Name of the Posts||Assist Divisional Medical Officer, Medial Officer & other|
|UPSC CMS Notification Date||10-04-2019|
|Last Date to Apply||06-05-2019|
|UPSC CMS 2019 Exam Dates||21-07-2019|
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2019
UPSC CMS Paper 1 Syllabus
CMS Syllabus of General Medicine including the following topics:
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus of Infections/Communicable Diseases:
- Protozoan added in Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Service Exam Syllabus
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskelatal System
- Emergency Medicine added in UPSC CMS Syllabus
- Common Poisoning
- Snake bite
- Tropical Medicine added in UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam Syllabus
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emphasis on medical procedures
- Patho physiological basis of diseases
- Vaccines preventable diseases and Non vaccines preventable diseases
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases and Schizoprenia.
Check Out Marking Scheme: UPSC Exam Pattern
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2019 of Paediatrics including the following topics‐
- Common childhood emergencies,
- Basic new born care,
- Normal developmental milestones,
- Accidents and poisonings in children,
- Birth defects and counseling including autism,
- Immunization in children,
- Recognizing children with special needs and management, and
- National programmes related to child health.
UPSC CMS Paper 2 Syllabus
CMS Syllabus for Surgery (Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)
- General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Peritoneum added in Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Service Syllabus
- Abdominal wall added in UPSC Combined Medical Service Syllabus
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
- Pre‐operative and post operative care of surgical patients
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Wound healing added in UPSC CMS Syllabus for Paper 2
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
- Shock patho‐physiology and management.
Download Here: UPSC CMS Previous Papers
CMS Syllabus for Gynaecology & Obstetrics:
- Ante‐natal conditions
- Intra‐natal conditions
- Post‐natal conditions included in CMS Syllabus
- Management of normal labours or complicated labour
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Questions on infections in genital tract
- Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract
- Questions on displacement of the uterus
- Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
- High risk pregnancy and management
- Intra Uterine growth retardation
- Medicolegal examination in obgy and Gynae including Rape.
UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus of Family Planning:
- Conventional contraceptives
- D. and oral pills
- Operative procedure, sterilization and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
Preventive Social And Community Medicine:
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Health included in CMS Syllabus
- Non‐communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes included in CMS Syllabus
- Management of common health problems
- Ability to monitor national health programmes
- Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
- Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies.
Get Best Study Material: Combined Medical Services Books
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2019
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2019:
As per UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam Pattern, Paper I is of 250 marks.
Part-I: Computer Based Examination:
- UPSC CMS paper will have objective multiple choice questions.
- It is of 500 marks. Computer based examination is divided in two Papers.
- Each Paper is of maximum of 250 marks.
- Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Question Papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.
- There is a provision of negative marking in paper, for each question for which a wrong answer has been given, one third of the marks will be deducted
|Paper I||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper II||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Also Check Previous Year Cut Off: UPSC CMS Cut Off
Procedure to get UPSC CMS Syllabus 2019 PDF:
- Visit official website that is upsc.gov.in
- Press on “Examination” tab available at top menu bar.
- Select “Revised Syllabus & Scheme” from drop down list.
- In front of ‘Combined Medical Services Examination’, you may download PDF of syllabus.
- Save your UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam Syllabus 2019 & plan your preparation accordingly
UPSC CMS Exam 2019:
Those who qualify UPSC CMS 2019 exam are invited for interview, personality test & document verification. You may plan your preparation by getting Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Service Syllabus from here.
UPSC CMS Study Material:
|UPSC Combined Medical|
Services Books Name
|UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination||Sushil K. Vimal|
|Elsevier Comprehensive Guide To Combined Medical Services UPSC Simplified Supplement 2011||Prakash Nayak|
|Review Of Combined Medical Services||Nayak|
|Cbs Combined Medical Services Upsc Entrance Examination, 9E||M S Bhatia|
|Combined Medical Services Upse Entrance Exam. 10/E||Bhatia|
|Rapid Digest UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 2008 − 2001||Koley|
|ELS Comp Guide To Combined Medical Services UPSC Simplified, 1/e||Prakash Nayak|
|CBS Combined Medical Services Upsc Entrance Examination, 12Ed||Bhatia M. S.|
Get Solved Papers: UPSC Previous Year Question Paper
- Candidate must have proper concentration on critical portions/questions
- Aspirant should make proper time table and study according to it
- Candidate must solve his/her problems by discussing or doing study groups
- Candidate should focus on weak points and take into consideration their weakness
- Candidate must do Time Management and also practice mock/sample or previous question papers
- Candidate must not attempt any question with doubt as it follows negative marking
To crack CMS Interview following are the preparation tips:
- Candidate must hold courageous, constructive, positive and peaceful character
- Candidate must present themselves in proper way.
- If any candidate during interview doesn’t know the answer then he/she must admit it.
- Candidate should have an ability to talk constantly.
Aspirants may plan their preparation for exam by referring UPSC CMS Syllabus 2019. You may bookmark our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for receiving more updates.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|UPSC CMS Admit Card||UPSC CMS Answer Key|
|UPSC CMS Cut Off||UPSC Combined Medical Services Result|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Interview Questions and Answers|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Study Material|