How to Join CBI
Friends, today we are going to tell you How to Join CBI? You have often heard about CBI Investigation. Central Bureau of Investigation hire candidates through direct recruitment, deputation, promotion by superiority or through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
There is a different attraction inside people for the CBI jobs. With reputation and responsibility, the salaries of the CBI officer are also impressive and satisfying. So if you are also if you are also planning to build career in CBI then you must go through this article to get entire Recruitment Process of CBI.
Through this article, designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com, you will get to know post many things about CBI jobs as what is the full name of the CBI? Which exams have to be passed to become a CBI Officer? How to Join CBI? How to become a sub inspector in CBI? How did the CBI officer become? So let’s start….
How to Join CBI
How To Become a C.B.I Officer?????
First you must aware that what is CBI? Let’s have a a look:
C:- सेंट्रल Central (केंद्रीय)
B:- ब्यूरो Bureau (ब्यूरो)
I:- ऑफ़ इन्वेस्टीगेशन Of Investigation (अन्वेषण)
CBI in English:
Central Bureau of Investigation
CBI in Hindi:
केंद्रीय अन्वेषण ब्यूरो
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), is an investigation agency of the Government of India who comes under the Department of Personnel and Training of Central Government. This is a major investigative agency which resolves various issues related to India’s security.
The way to connect to CBI is not difficult or not easy, but yes if you have graduated, that is, graduation degree, then you are suitable for this post and by following the things mentioned here. Lets check…
Do You Know: How to Become a CBI Officer
Central Bureau of Investigation (केंद्रीय अन्वेषण ब्यूरो) के बारे में कुछ ऐसी बातें जो आपको भी जाननी चाहिए|
- सीबीआई में समय समय पर इमानदार और तेज तंदुरुस्त पुलिस अधिकारीयों की डेप्युटेशन के आधार पर भर्ती की जाती है|
- सेंट्रल ब्यूरो ऑफ इंवेस्टीगेशन का पहला नाम स्पेशल पुलिस इस्टेबलिशमेंट (एसपीई) था, जिसकी स्थापना 1941 में भारत सरकार ने की थी।
- पहले एसपीई केवल दिल्ली तक सीमित थी। 1946 में इसका दायरा बढ़ा कर सभी राज्यों व केंद्र शासित राज्यों तक कर दिया गया।
- इसके बाद 1 अप्रैल 1963 को एसपीई का नाम बदल कर सीबीआई कर दिया गया| उस समय केंद्र सरकार के सभी कार्यालय इसके दायरे में थे। 1969 में सभी राष्ट्रीय बैंक इसके दायरे में आ गये।
- 1963 में सीबीआई की स्थापना डीपी कोहली ने की थी। डीपी कोहली एसपीई के आईजीपी थे। उससे पहले मध्य भारत, उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस और भारत सरकार में बड़े पदों पर रहे।
- सीबीआई के संस्थापक डीपी कोहली को 1967 में पद्म भूषण के सम्मान से नवाजा गया।
- पहले सीबीआई केवल घूसखोरी और भ्रष्टाचार की जांच तक सीमित थी। 1965 से हत्या, किडनैपिंग, आतंकवाद, वित्तीय अपराध, आदि की जांच भी सीबीआई के दायरे में आ गई।
- सीबीआई के दो डिवीजन हैं- 1. एंटी करप्शन डिवीजन और 2. स्पेशल क्राइम डिवीजन।
You Can Easily Get Best Govt. Sector Jobs Here, Check: Latest Defence Jobs
Rank in CBI:
As every state or central police service, the CBI also has a ranking from constable to director of CBI.
- Head Constable
- Sub Inspector
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Additional Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Senior Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Additional Director
- Joint Director
- Special Director
Check Out: Career for Women in Defence Services
Qualification Required to be a CBI Officer:
If you have possessed 12th grade, then you can be a CBI officer because for this you have to appear in one test, in which you have read everything from class XII. The questions are easy and are only for the purpose of this exam is just to understand your inner qualifications. To appear in this examination, you must have graduation degree.
What should be your Age limits?
If you want to apply for CBI jobs then your age should be more than 20 years and should be less than 27 years. Relaxation in age would be given to special category candidates as per the government rules.
Check Here: Defence Current Affairs
CBI Recruitments Process in various posts
- There are two ways of recruitment in CBI. The first is direct recruitment and seconds one is for recruitment of officers of different rank officers working in various departments of the other police.
- The direct recruitment of the CBI starts from the post of sub-inspector, whose selection is done through the Staff Selection Commission.
- Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers a job advertisement in the newspapers.
- The notification for recruitment occurs in October. By the end of November, the form has to be filled and deposited.
- Examination Name: Combined Graduate level exemplification, which occurs once in a years (month in February).
- Candidates have to clear 2 stages of examination, the first one is Prelim and the next one is mains.
Name of Post
|Joint Directors||80% by deputation + 20% by the departmental cadre officers who have completed 5 years regular service as DIG.|
|Deputy Inspector-General of Police||75% on deputation + 25% by the departmental cadre officers who have completed 4 years regular service as Sr.Ss.P., failing which Sr.Ss.P. with combined regular service of 8 years in the grade of Sr.S.P. and SP.|
|Senior Superintendent of Police (Sr.Ss.P.)||From the departmental cadre SsP with 4 years of regular service in the grade.|
|Superintendent of Police (SsP)||60% on deputation (50% from the officers of Indian Police Service/All India Services/IAAS/IRS/IC&CE and Central Police Organizations + 10% from officers belonging to services other than IPS such as AIS, IA&AS/IRS(IT), IC&CES and CPOs ) + 40% by the departmental cadre officers who have completed 6 years regular service in the rank of ASP failing which of the rank of ASP with combined regular service of 12 years in the grades of ASP & DSP.|
|Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP)||80% by promotion of the departmental DSsP having 6 year regular service in the grade + 20% are filled up on deputation/absorption basis|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Dy.S.P.)||40% by promotion of the departmental Inspectors, who have 8 years regular service in the grade + 50% on deputation/absorption basis of the officers of Centre/State Police Organisations + 10% by Direct Recruitment.|
|Office Superintendent||either by promotion of the officers of CBI with a cumulative service of 8 years in the posts of Crime Assistant and Head Clerk-cum-Accountant in the organisation (of which at least 3 years of service should be in the post of Crime Assistant) or on deputation of the officers holding analogous posts in Centre/State Police Organisations.|
|Inspector||50% by promotion of the Sub-Inspectors in the CBI with 5 years’ regular service in the grade + 50% on deputation/absorption basis of the officers of Centre/State Police Organisations|
|Sub-Inspector||50% by direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission + 25% by the departmental ASIs with five years’ regular service in the grade by promotion on seniority-cum-fitness basis + 25% through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination|
|Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI)||50% up by promotion of departmental Head Constables of CBI with a minimum of 5 years’ regular service in that grade + 25% through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination + 25% by deputation/absorption|
|Head Constable||40% by promotion by seniority-cum-fitness basis of the Constables with at least 5 years’ regular service the grade in CBI + 40% through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination + 20% by deputation/absorption|
|Constables||40% by direct recruitment + 60% by deputation/absorption|
|Sr. Clerk Steno||75% through Staff Selection Commission + 25% by deputation failing which by direct recruitment.|
|Crime Assistants||by promotion of the officers in the rank of Head Clerk-cum-Accountants in the CBI who have put in 3 years regular service in the grade.|
|Head Clerks||60% through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination of the officials in the rank of UDCs in the CBI who have put in 3 years regular service in the grade + 40% by promotion on the basis of seniority-cum-fitness.|
|UDCs||75% by promotion by seniority-cum-fitness, failing which by deputation + 25% by promotion through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination from amongst the officials who have put in 5 years of regular service in the rank of LDC|
|LDCs||90% by direct recruitment (out of this 10% are to be filled through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination of the matriculate Class-IV employees of CBI) + 10% by deputation, failing which by direct recruitment.|
|Sr. Gestetner Operator||by promotion from amongst Jr. Gestetner Operators with 3 years service in the grade and having proficiency in handling of Gestetner Machines.|
|Jr. Gestetner Operator||by promotion from amongst Daftaries of CBI who have put in minimum 3 years service as Daftry and who possess proficiency in handling of Gestetner Machines|
|Daftry||by promotion of the Peons with three years minimum service rendered on regular basis after their appointment or by deputation form persons holding analogous posts in Central Government Officers.|
|Peon||75% up directly + 25% by deputation failing which by direct recruitment of other Group ‘D’ employees who have put in 5 years regular service and posses at least elementary literacy|
by direct recruitment.
Get Complete Details on: CBI Recruitment
Personnel Attributes Needed
To Join CBI, Candidates must have the following personal attributes that are essential in this field.
- Sharp, analytical mind
- Physical fitness
- Mental alertness
- High levels of concentration
- Keen powers of observation
- Logical, rational and analytical thinking
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to adapt to long, erratic working hours
- Willingness to work in remote and dangerous territories
We hope that the process of How to Join CBI mentioned above will be helpful for you. You may keep in touch with our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest updates as we update our pages time to time.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section