IES Eligibility Criteria
Job seekers who want to apply for UPSC Indian Engineering Services must check IES Eligibility Criteria from this page. Union public service commission is going to conduct Engineering Services Examination preliminary (ESE). So candidates who want to appear for this examination must check UPSC ESE Age Limit, Qualification, and Attempts before applying. Engineering Services Examination preliminary (ESE) is going to conduct on 07/01/2018. To grab more details regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2018 candidate may scroll down this page.
This page includes:
|Qualification requirement||Medical exam|
|Age limit||Test centers|
Union public service commission is conducting this exam to recruit eligible candidates in Indian Engineering Services. So candidates can apply against this after checking eligibility norms. Only those candidates shall apply who satisfy eligibility conditions. Candidates can also download the notification from the official website of Union public service commission that is Upsc.gov.in. For more details regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2018 candidate may go through this page which is well structured by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
IES Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Check Out: UPSC Notification
Candidates who want to appear for Engineering Services Examination shall possess following Qualifications:
- Candidates must hold degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institute established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. or,
- Applicants must possess degree or diploma in Engineering from foreign University/ College /Institution recognized by the Government or,
- Applicants have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India). or,
- Candidates must have passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or,
- Interested aspirant also have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Get Here Latest: Engineering Jobs
Candidates applying for Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ must hold above mentioned qualification or may have below given qualification-
- Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as mandatory subject.
Find Out More: Post Graduate Jobs
UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2017 Age Limits
Age of the candidate applying for Indian Engineering Services examination shall be between 21-30 years as i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
If Government Servants recruited in a Department / Office under the control of any of the authorities then they get upper age relaxation up to 35 years.
- Candidate belongs to SC/ST category and those who had been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989 will get 05 years upper age relaxation.
- OBC category candidates and candidates of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country will get 03 years relaxation in upper age.
- Ex-Serviceman including Commissioned Officers and ECO’s / SSCO’s who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2017 and have been released will get 05 year relaxation in upper age.
- 05 years relaxation in case of ECO’s / SSCO’s.
- 10 years upper age relaxation to PWD Candidates.
Candidates shortlisted through Engineering Services Examination followed by Personal Interview shall be called for medical examination conducted by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). This is done to check whether that participant has been appeared for medical examination or not or he/she must be mentally or physically fit. Other details
Candidates who are going to appear for UPSC IES/ESE Examination must be physically and mentally fit. This is the only condition under physical standards. If candidate is physically and mentally fit then he/she is eligible to grab a job.
Candidates may get all the information regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2018 from this Official Link. Candidates can also bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D or subscribe to this for latest updates regarding Union Public Service Commission result/recruitment/syllabus/eligibility criteria, etc.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IES Admit Card||UPSC IES Result|
|UPSC IES Answer Key||UPSC Interview Questions and Answers|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Coaching Institutes|
|Uttar Pradesh Jobs||UP Rojgar Mela|