IES Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission conducts IES Exam for appointing aspiring engineers to various posts in Indian Engineering Services. Prior applying for it, check IES Eligibility Criteria, UPSC ESE Age Limit, UPSC IES Attempts, education & other details.
Prior filling of UPSC ESE Application Form 2018-19, you must fulfill IES Eligibility Criteria 2018-19. IES is also known as ESE (Engineering Services Exam). UPSC IES is one of the premier engineering exams held at national level for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services.
UPSC ESE Eligibility & Age Limit:
As per IES Eligibility 2018, applicant must be citizen of India. Those who possess degree in Engineering from well known university may apply for UPSC ESE Exam. Age of applicant must be between 21-30 years as prescribed under IES Eligibility 2018.
At first step, you must clarify UPSC IES Exam. Those who get selected under it are invited for Mains and Personal Interview. For knowing more about UPSC ESE Eligibility Criteria 2018-19, go through this page created by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IES Eligibility Criteria
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria:
Union Public Service Commission Indian Engineering Services Eligibility Criteria is well listed here.
Applicant must be either:
- A citizen of India or
- As per IES Eligibility Criteria 2018, A subject of Nepal or A subject of Bhutan or
- As per IES Eligibility,Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- Aspirant of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that applicant belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above shall be an individual in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Get Here: UPSC IES Application Form
UPSC IES Qualification 2018:
Check UPSC ESE Eligibility& IES Qualification details from here. Those who fulfill UPSC ESE Education norms may apply for test.
- As per UPSC ESE Qualification criteria, applicant must possess degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an act of central or state legislature in India or other educational institute set up by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as universities under section-3 of the university grants commission act, 1956 or
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
- As per IES Eligibility Criteria, Possess degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreigUniversity/College/Institution
- and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- As per IES 2018 Eligibility, passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959 as per UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates applying for Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ must hold above mentioned qualification or may have below given qualification-
- MSc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as mandatory subject. Those who fulfill UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria may apply for test.
Find Out More Latest: Engineering Jobs
UPSC ESE Age Limit:
Ensure UPSC ESE Age Limit/ UPSC IES Age limt details from here.
Age of the candidate applying for Indian Engineering Services examination shall be between 21-30 years as i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
If Government Servants recruited in a Department / Office under the control of any of the authorities then they get upper age relaxation up to 35 years.
- Candidate belongs to SC/ST category and those who had been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989 will get 05 years upper age relaxation.
- OBC category candidates and candidates of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country will get 03 years relaxation in upper age.
- Ex-Serviceman including Commissioned Officers and ECO’s / SSCO’s who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2017 and have been released will get 05 year relaxation in upper age.
- 05 years relaxation in case of ECO’s / SSCO’s.
- 10 years upper age relaxation to PWD Candidates.
Get Online Application Form: PSU Recruitment Through GATE
UPSC ESE Attempts:
There is no limit on number of attempts in IES. You must fulfill UPSC IES Age Limit criteria. For General Category: Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years. So, keen applicants may apply for test as many UPSC IES Attempts they wish.
Candidates shortlisted through Engineering Services Examination followed by Personal Interview shall be called for medical examination conducted by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). This is done to check whether that participant has been appeared for medical examination or not or he/she must be mentally or physically fit. ( UPSC Interview Questions and Answers )
Candidates who are going to appear for UPSC IES/ESE Examination must be physically and mentally fit. This is the only condition under physical standards. If candidate is physically and mentally fit then he/she is eligible to grab a job.
For getting more details about IES Eligibility Criteria 2018-2019, check its Official Link. Keep visiting our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for receiving more updates about UPSC IES Notification 2018-19.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|UPSC IES Answer Key||UPSC IES Result|
|UPSC Entrance Exam Dates||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Coaching Institutes|
|IES Admit Card||UPSC Recruitment|