JEE Advanced Counselling
Applicants interested to get admission in the B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree programmes can prepare themselves, for JEE Advanced Counselling as dates are announced. Based on rank obtained in JEE Advance exam Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will select candidates on the basis of performance in CSAB Counseling. JAB and CSAB both conducts the JEE Advanced Counselling as Join Seat Allocation Authority, JoSAA Counseling 2017 will commence from 15-07-2017 to provide admission in various courses. So candidates are advised to get their registration before JoSSA Counselling. Appliers who are qualified can go through JEE Counseling Schedule and attend the JEE Advanced Counselling 2017 as per the dates and rank you have score.
Content on This Page
JEE Counselling Eligibility
JoSAA Advanced Dual Reporting
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling and Seat Allotment Process
Documents Required For JEE Counseling
JoSAA Advanced Counseling Schedule
To get admission in B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree courses candidates have to go through JoSAA Advanced counseling procedure that will be conducted in seven rounds for providing admission in IITs and NITs. Students can go through it and check dates for JEE Advanced Counselling Registration. You may check the complete details regarding Counseling procedure of JEE Advanced from the below section of this page which is created by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
JEE Counselling Criteria:
Before appearing in counselling, candidates are required to go through with its criteria. Only those contenders will be applicable in counseling round who are qualified in entrance exam. Qualified applicants in entrance exam are required to go through below mentioned eligibility and must ensure that each contestant who is appearing in counseling must satisfy it.
- In order to participate in the counselling session, candidates must appear and qualify the JEE Main 2017 entrance examination. Only top 220000 examines will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
- The candidates must obtain 75% aggregate marks in Class XII or equivalent board examination.
- The name of the candidate must be listed within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII or equivalent examination.
JEE Advanced Dual Reporting:
As per the norms of JoSAA, a one-time opportunity will be given for Registration, Online Choice Filling and Dual Reporting. Dual Reporting is a procedure of reporting two times, to change from one institute to another. If any contender have been allotted seat in NITs + System Changes and want to switch in IIT/ISM, applicant will use the Dual Report.
In an easy manner, a candidate is looking forward to confirming a seat in IITs/ISM instead of NITs+ System Charges; they are required to report once again in the subsequent counselling rounds. The same process will be followed for the withdrawal of seats. The candidate wants to withdraw the seat allocated in IITs/ISM, will have to report in the next counselling round for allocation of seats in NITs.
Don’t Have Money to Pay College Fee: Check Best Ways Here
JoSSA Advanced 2017 Counselling and Seat Allotment Process:
Candidates participated in entrance exam and get qualified in it will get called for counseling process according to rank obtained in examination. The process of counselling and seat allotment is as below:
- First of all individual are required to login to official website of Joint Seat Allocation Authority that is josaa.nic.in.
- Thereafter, candidates have to select appropriate link for registration
- Register yourself online by entering your JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number (, JEE Advanced Registration Number, Date of Birth – (as all details provided in JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017), Password – (in 8 to 15 characters)
- After filling all details press on confirm password
- Contenders have to note down User ID (Registration Number) and password set by them and generated by the system.
Online Choice Filling:
- During choice filling, applicants have to log in to User ID (Registration Number), JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number and Password.
- Thereafter, fill the choices according to your their preferences of branches and institutes.
- Candidates also have the facility to make changes in terms of editing, reordering their choices and add new choices till the final locking.
- They must lock their choices before the last date, or else their choices will be locked by default.
- Counselling and Seat Allotment of JEE Advanced 2017 will be held based on examinees All India Ranks (AIRs).
- For admission to programmes like Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering and other related courses, the candidates have to fulfil the additional fitness and health parameters.
Check Here: Process to Fill Online Registration Form
Online Seat Allotment and Reporting:
- After Online choice filling, the participating candidates will be allotted seats for admissions to IITs.
- JEE Advanced 2017 counselling and seat allotment may get conducted in 6 rounds.
- To check their allotted seats, the candidates have to log in by entering their User ID (Registration Number), JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number and Password to check their Seat Allotment.
- At the end of every round or counselling/seat allotment, the candidates are required to check the seat allotment result. (Note: Seat allocation may change due to up-gradation. Thus, the candidates must be careful).
- The online seat allotment procedure also requires the candidates to get the soft copy of their category certificates (SC/ST/OBC-NCL – uploaded at the time of registration) verified. In case found unacceptable, such candidates will be considered as GE only if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main 2017 is above the declared cutoff marks.
- In order to provisionally freeze/book their allotted seats after the allotment has happened, the candidates must pay the required fee online.
- Further, to claim their allotted seat and to book it for the academic year, candidates must report to the allotted institution with the prescribed documents.
Documents Required For Counseling:
While appearing at the time counselling, candidates are advised to bring following documents at the time counselling. Documents are needed for verification of marks and identity and for other purposes. Go through it and prepare it before appearing in counselling.
- Seat Allotment letter from JCOP Portal,
- Original Admit Card of the exam,
- Six passport size photograph
- Duly filled Application Form (Annexure 1 of the Information Brochure),
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report (Annexure 2 of the Information Brochure),
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X certificate or Birth Certificate
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of Passing of Class XII or Qualifying Exam
- Category Certificate for OBC (NCL), SC, ST, PwD, and DS candidates) in the prescribed format,
- Attested copy of the Passport with name, photo and nationality (for foreign nationals),
- Registration Fees of Rs 60,000 in the form of Demand Draft for Rs. 60,000 (Rs.20,000 for SC, ST category) drawn in favor of Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced), payable at New Delhi. It will be adjusted against the tuition fee which has to be paid at the time of admission.
Check Here: List of Required Documents for Counselling
JEE Advanced Counseling Schedule:
|Registration & Choice Filling Process||15 to 26-06-2017|
|Mock Allotment Round 1 for candidates who have filled their choices till June 20||20-06-2017|
|Mock Allotment Round 2 for candidates who have filled their choices till June 23||23-06-2017|
|First Round of Seat allotment||28-06-2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||29-06-2017 to 3-07- 2017|
|Second Round of Seat allotment||4-07- 2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||5 to 6-07-2017|
|Third Round of Seat allotment||7-07-2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||8 & 9-07- 2017|
|Fourth Round of Seat allotment||10-07-2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||11 & 12-07- 2017|
|Fifth Round of Seat allotment||13-07-2017|
|Withdrawal/ Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||14-07- 2017|
|Sixth Round of Seat allotment||15-07- 2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||16 & 17-07-2017|
|Seventh Round of Seat Allotment||18-07- 2017|
|Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help-centre||19-07- 2017|
Check Complete Schedule from Here: Schedule of Events of JoSAA 2017
To know more about JEE Advanced Counselling 2017, you may go through Official Link. Candidates may join us on the Facebook or Google plus as and when schedule will be released, we’re updating this page with latest information so students, stay in touch with us to get details for Exam Result, and Schedule etc.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section