Career In Mass Communication
Hey guys!!! Today we are going to discuss about how to build Career In Mass Communication. Some student’s think of doing Mass Communication courses after 12th.; so if you are also thinking the same that go for it as this course is best for you.
Due to lack of information in the beginning, the young ones used to understand it only from the news paper and TV reporting, but with a rapidly changing phase, the utility is emerging in many other fields of this course.
Through this course you learn how information about institutions and individuals is transmitted or transferred throughout the world at the same time. These notifications can usually be transferred using newspapers, books, magazines, websites, blogs, radio, film and television.
This course is one of the rising career areas for those students who choose it as their high career option. So for your convenience we have provided all the details about the Mass Communication courses, job profiles and Salary details on this single article, which is well tailored by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Career In Mass Communication
What is Mass Communication?
Before going through the other information, you should know that what is Mass Communication?
So, Mass Communication is a mass media study which is used to give information for all types of audiences, mainly in the media, newspapers, magazines, cinema, radio, television, etc., come under the mass communication program. The attractive career of the media sector, today many young people are emerging as a possibility of career.
In order to set up Career In Mass Communication, one has be 12th passed in any discipline and have an ability of excellent communication skills. There’s a great demand for mass communication professionals and soon after cleared 12th standard and individual can go for the following courses:
- Diploma Courses (1 yr.)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (3 yr)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (2 yr)
- Post graduate diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (1 yr)
- Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication are usually a three years course.
- Bachelor of Science SC (Animation and Multimedia) Three Years
- Master of Arts MA (Advertising and Public Relations)
- Master of Arts (Journalism) Master of Arts
- Master of Arts MA (Mass Communication) Master of Arts
- Post Graduate Diploma In Broadcast Journalism A Year
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising
Although there are many different options available to graduates, but one can establish career in Mass Communication, although this is not a glamorous job but it offers you a chance to prove your smartness….
Also Read: 10 Best Unique Careers for Art Students
Entrance exam for a course in Mass communication and Journalism
- Asian College of Journalism entrance exam
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication entrance exam
- International School of Business and Media entrance exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia entrance exam
- Manipal Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Xavier Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Mudra Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
Great Career Guarantee: 8 New Courses, Which Draws Salary In Millions
Some Good Institutes for Mass Communication Courses;
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi
- Xavier institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
- J Kidwai MCRC, Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications, Pune
- Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bangalore
- Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahemedabad
- Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Pune
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam, Kerala
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Sardar Patel College of Communication & Management, New Delhi
Careers and Scope after Mass Communication:
After completing your Mass Communication studies…
- After completing your degree in public communication, you can work in different areas such as reporting, writing, editing, broadcasting or cable casting news items and many other similar work profiles. There are two types of journalism in which you can work, first is a print journalism and second is electronic (audio / visual) journalism.
- In print journalism you can take advantage of jobs in newspapers, magazines.
- You can work as editor, correspondent, columnist, correspondent etc.
- In electronic journalism, you can work for radio, television and the web.
- You can make a career in journalism, which is a high pay and prestigious business.
- The best thing is for those interested in collecting various news from different sources.
- You can get employment opportunities outside India.
- You can also post-graduate in the Mass Communication area.
Within a career in Mass Communication, individual offered with lots of jobs outlook, from news channels to TV shows, magazines, co-related publishing firms and others. But if we talk about the utmost advantage of being in career of journalism and related the great benefit is that you are free to work with or for many companies. The job profile in this field may depend upon the company in which you are working and your overall experience.
- Hindustan Times Group of Publication
- NDTV Network
- Zee TV Network
- Times of India Publication Group
- TV 18 Group
- Big Entertainment and numerous others
Know More About: Careers That Involve Creativity
In which field can you get employment from mass communication?
Mass Communication can be a very good option for students studying from the Arts site. After this course, there are many fields related to it, in which you can find a job.
- Editor and reporter,
- Freelance Writer
- Photo Journalist,
- News Analyst Editor,
- Print journalism, research and teaching
- Print journalism
- Electronic (audio / visual) journalism
- Web journalism
- News agency
- News website
- Production house
- Private and official news channels
- Prasar Bharti
- Publication design
- Opportunities from employment in film making
Job Profiles/ Different Roles, Different Names:
|TV Anchor||Radio Jockey/ RJ|
|Senior Journalist||Sound Engineer|
|Junior journalist||Sound Mixer and Sound Recordist|
|Screen Writer||Special Correspondent|
|Editor at large||Video Jockey|
|Fashion Photographer||Art Director|
|TV Correspondent||Event manager|
|Producer||Public Relations Officer|
Must Check: 13 Steps to Go Overseas, International
Mass Communication Salary:
Though salary depends on skills and experience yet, starting salary for a mass communication professional as a correspondent, news reporter could be between Rs 12 K and 25 K. After some experience, you could be working as an editor or an anchor, the salary in this profile could be around in the range of Rs 50 K to Rs 1 Lacs on monthly basis.
Here’s a conclusion for this, guys if you are really good at communication skills or interested in film industry then adopting career in Mass Communication is for you… It’s a great career path and we advise you to go for it!!!
Hope fully all the details of Career In Mass Communication will be helpful for you. Feel free to share your queries with us by leave your comment in comment box; our experts of www.recruitmentinboxx.com will solve your queries as soon as possible.
You May Also Like To Check This Section