UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
Preparing for the upcoming UPSC Civil Services Examination (UPSC CSE-2023)? Well, in that case, you must check the updated UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus provided on this page. Download the UPSC IAS 2023 Prelims Syllabus PDF for Paper I & II.
Those who are going to participate in the Indian Administrative Services Preliminary Examination can download the latest UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2023 PDF with help of the direct links provided in the below section of this page.
UPSC CSE 2023 Prelims Syllabus – Get Details
The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises two compulsory papers and the marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for the main exam. The UPSC IAS 2023 Prelims is qualifying in nature i.e. conducted for screening purposes only.
Candidates who are looking for further details of UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2023 can go through the below section of this page which is well-structured by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
UPSC IAS 2023 Highlights:
|Name of the exam||Civil Services Exam- IAS|
|Conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Stages|
|Number of Papers|
|Prelims marking scheme||Paper 1: +2 marks|
Paper 2: +2.5 marks
Negative marking: One-third of marks
allotted to each question
|Duration||Prelims: 2 hours (Each paper)|
|Mains: 3 hours (Each paper)|
|Type of questions||Prelims: Objective type|
|Mains: Subjective type|
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
The Preliminary exam is the first stage of the UPSC IAS 2023 Examination. The UPSC IAS Prelims exam consists of two papers – General Studies and Aptitude or CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Before jumping to the Syllabus section, let’s understand the structure and exam pattern for the UPSC IAS Prelims 2023 for:
- General Studies Paper I
- CSAT or General Studies Paper-II
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
The detailed UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Pattern is discussed as follows:
- Number of Marks: 200 marks each.
- Type of Questions: Objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Nature of Paper: The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- Language: Hindi and English according to the IAS Preliminary Exam Question Pattern.
- Time Duration: 2 hours each, +20 minutes for blind students
|UPSC IAS Prelims Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration Of Exam|
|General Studies Paper – I||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|CSAT/ General Studies Paper-II||200 Marks||2 Hours|
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper-I
The latest UPSC CSE Prelims Syllabus includes the following topics:
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General Science
Download Free: IAS Preparation Books
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper-II
The Paper-II of the UPSC IAS Prelims exam is also known as CSAT or Civil Services Aptitude Test. The following topics are included in the UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper-II:
- Interpersonal skills including Communication Skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam – Negative Marking
There will be Negative Marking in the Prelims exam. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted for every question will be deducted. So candidates need to be extra careful while making wild guesses in the prelim exam.
Download UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2023 PDF
To qualify the IAS Preliminary Exam, the UPSC CSE/IAS Prelims Syllabus plays an important role. The UPSC IAS 2023 Prelims Syllabus contains all the topics from which questions can be asked in the examination.
So candidates who are preparing for the IAS exam 2023 must study according to the UPSC IAS 2023 prelims exam syllabus and Exam Pattern. Follow the direct links stated below to download the Syllabus PDFs in English & Hindi.
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam – Important Points:
- Only those candidates who have qualified the Prelims can write the Mains exam. The marks scored in the Prelim exam are not counted in the final tally of the Mains exam or the Interview.
- The number of candidates who qualify the Prelims Exam is about twelve to thirteen times the approximate number of vacancies that have to be filled in that year in the various Services and Posts.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of the Prelim exam to be qualified for evaluation purposes. Candidates will be disqualified in case he or she appears in only one paper of the Prelims exam.
Do You Know: How To Prepare For IAS Exam
About UPSC IAS 2023 Exam:
The Indian Administrative Services Exam is conducted in the two sections i.e. IAS Prelims Exam and IAS Mains Exam. For both the examinations, detailed IAS Prelims syllabus and IAS Mains Syllabus are mentioned separately.
Candidates can check all the topics and subtopics of each section of the syllabus and start their preparation accordingly. After the successful completion of the prelims and mains stage, an interview is conducted by the authorized panel for the final selection of deserving candidates.
Also Check: IAS Previous Year Papers
Candidates can go through this Official Link to grab rest details UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2023. You can bookmark this web page by hitting CTRL+D or like this page on face book and Google Plus.
Subscribe to our free mail services to get instant mails in your mail box. For having any query or doubts related to this post, then you may type your comment in below comment box. Our experts will soon solve your queries.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Best IAS Coaching Centers in India||IAS Exam Pattern|
|IAS Eligibility Criteria||IAS Interview Questions Answers|
|How to Become IAS Officer||IAS Application Form|
|IAS Officer Salary||IAS Admit Card|
|IAS Cut Off||UPSC IAS Result|