IFS Eligibility Criteria
Before applying against Indian Forest Service Examination, aspirants need to match the IFS Eligibility Criteria. Eligibility Criteria includes some important things like educational qualification, age limit, number of attempts, physical standards and nationality.
For the convenience of candidates, we are providing the whole Indian Forest Service Exam Eligibility Criteria on this web page. Only those aspirants who fulfill the eligibility requirements can attend the UPSC Forest Service Exam.
Important things that you should know:
To select skilled and capable aspirants for vacant posts, the organization conducts pre/ mains exam/ personality test. After that, the final selection will be made by Union Public Service Commission.
The complete IFS Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com, take a look and get details about required age limit, educational qualification, physical standards etc.
IFS Eligibility Criteria
Indian Forest Service Eligibility Criteria
- a Citizen of India
- a Subject of Nepal
- a Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention to permanently settle down in India
- Candidates of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the purpose to permanently settle down in India.
- In case if certificate of eligibility is essential for categories A, B, C, D and E in their favour certificate of eligibility has been issued by the government of India
Get Complete Detailed: IFS Notification
IFS Educational Qualification:
Willing candidate should have a graduation degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.
IFS Age Limit:
Those individuals who are belonging to the age group of 21-32 years as on 01-08-2018 can attend the UPSC Forest Service Exam (must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1986 and not later than 01-08-1997).
|SC/ ST||05 years|
|Defence Services personnel disabled||03 years|
|Aspirants with Low Vision, Hearing Impaired and Locomotor disability||10 years|
Check Now: IFS Officer Salary Structure
No. of Attempts for UPSC IFS Examination:
- Every individual can attempt the Indian Forest Service Examination 6 times. But it is different for some reserved categories.
- The complete details about the number of attempts that an aspirant can take for attending the Union Public Service Commission Forest Service Exam are mentioned in the below table.
|Category||No. of Attempts|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||09 time|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||Till the Upper Age limit|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, Orthopedic)||General /OBC Candidates= 09 times|
For SC/ST Candidates= Unlimited till age limit
|Jammu & Kashmir Domicile||Up to the Upper Age limit|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||Up to the Upper Age limit|
IFS Physical Standards:
An aspirant who wants to apply against IFS Exam must be physically fit. He should have clear eye vision and balanced weight according to his height.
Stay tuned with the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com or follows us on social media to get latest updates on IFS Eligibility Criteria 2018.
If you want to ask something about UPSC IFS Exam Eligibility criteria then write it in the given below comment box, our experts will try their best to solve your problems.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IFS Preparation Books||IFS Syllabus|
|IFS Admit Card||UPSC IFS Result|
|IFS Exam Pattern||IFS Coaching Centers In India|
|UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers||UPSC Calendar|