The Union Public Service Commission is going to conducts NDA examination on 22nd April, 2018. Appearing candidates for National defence academy & naval academy examination must check the changes in NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018-19.
If any entrant fails to satisfy the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018 than he/she will not permitted to appear in the NDA exam. To know the details of NDA Qualification, Age Limit, Physical Standards etc regarding NDA Eligibility interested contenders can scroll down this page.
Motive of NDA Exam:
Every year UPSC conducts National Defence Academy Examination so as to recruit the eligible candidates. This year also organization is going to conduct the UPSC Recruitment exam. Application of those candidates will be shortlisted who successfully qualify the NDA Exam.
To get complete details regarding National Defence Academy Eligibility Criteria 2018, you may go through this page that is designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
NDA 2018 Eligibility
- A candidate must be either be a citizen of India , or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came back to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible
- Girls are not allowed to appear for NDA exam.
Check Here Detailed Info About: Upcoming NDA Notifications
NDA Eligibility Qualification:
The complete NDA Qualification is available here, have a look..
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy: Applicants must have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination organized by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates should have done 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- For more details regarding NDA Qualification visit to official notification provided below.
NDA Eligibility Age Limit:
- Candidates who will not satisfied the NDA Age Limit will not allowed to attend the examination
- As per the NDA age eligibility Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1997 and not later than 01st July 2000 are eligible
- No reservation in age is allowed for SC/ST/OBC etc candidates.
- The know more about NDA Age Limit hit on the below official link!
Must Read About: Career for Women in Defence Services
NDA Exam Eligibility 2018
Physical Eligibility for NDA:
Applicants, who have qualified the UPSC NDA Exam need to go through the UPSC Medical Exam for taking admission in National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2018. You have to clear the following UPSC Physical test:
NDA Exam Physical Eligibility
|Wax (Ears)||Deviated Nasal Septum||Hydrocele/Phimosis|
|Overweight/Underweight||Under sized Chest||Piles|
The given below NDA exam eligibility criteria are required for the candidates who are applying for air force wing of the National Defence Academy:
|Special OR Specific Requirements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm 96.00cm|
Quick Links To Prepare For NDA:
Height/weight standard for Army/Air Force:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight for Navy:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Physical Standards of IAF:
|Leg Length||99 cms||120 cms|
|Thigh Length||–||65 cms|
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms||96 cms|
Eyesight Criteria for Navy:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
Eyesight criteria for Air Force:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Dph|
|Color Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Read Below Related Links For UPSC NDA NA Exam:
NDA Exam Eligibility
Tattoos on inner face of forearm and candidates belongs to that tribes in which tattoo marks on any body part is in their traditions and customs will only be accepted by the Comdt Selection Centre. Tattoos on any other body part will not be accepted such as on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
Any past injury or medical history of diseases of spine or sacroiliac joints/history of spinal fracture/prolapsed inter vertebral disc and surgical treatment is a main cause for rejection in NDA. If any condition detected at the time of medical exam, then candidate will get disqualified for Air Force:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritidies/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders/ Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease/ Non articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae
- Scheuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with demon strable neurological or circulatory deficit
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method
- Degenerative Disc. Disease
- Presence of schmorl’s nodes at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
- Mild Kyphosis or Lordosis where deformity is barely noticeable and there is no pain or restriction of movement will not preclude acceptance.
Read More About: Physical Tests for Indian Armed Forces
NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria (X-Ray Examination):
Candidate found with any of the following diseases during X-RAY Examination will get disqualified:
- Granulomatius disease of spine.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degree for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
Maddox Rod Test:
Following are the details regarding Maddox test under NDA Eligibility Criteria:
- At 6 meters Exo-6 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypro-1 prism D
- At 33 cms Exo-16 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1 prism D
- Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be not eligible.
- Candidates must follow these Physical Conditions to be physically fit:
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
- Chin ups (minimum 08)
- Rope climbing 3-4 metres
NDA Selection Procedure (NDA Recruitment Eligibility):
UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages which is mention below:
1st Step: NDA Written Exam
- Firstly, organization conducts written examination for the selection of NDA.
- After conducting the written examination, qualified candidates are eligible to appear for next stages.
2nd Step: SSB Interview
- Qualified candidates will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test conducted by SSB (Services Selection Board).
- Selection procedure will be based on two stages 1st is Psychological Aptitude Test and 2nd is Intelligence Test which will be organized at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- After qualifying both stages, applicants need to submit original certificates along with one photocopy each of original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent.
Check Here: NDA Interview Questions And Answers
To grab more information regarding NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidate must visit the Official Link provided here. Aspirants are suggested to stay tuned with this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest updates regarding Eligibility for NDA exam 2018.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|NDA Officer Salary||NDA Admit Card|
|UPSC Notification||NDA Exam|
|NDA Coaching Centers||NDA Application Form|
|NDA Exam Centers||NDA Exam Preparation Books|