UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who are keen to participate in UPSC Geologist and Geo-scientist examination, they must check UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria from this page. Union Public Service Commission has updated the eligibility norms for Geologist exam and it necessary for the applying contenders to meet with the terms and condition required by the commission. So willing contenders are suggested to go through the complete details about the eligibility criteria such as Age, Education, No of Attempts. The main purpose of the union commission for setting these norms is to hire eligible and suitable candidates who can serve best for the reputed post under government department. Candidates can attain detailed information about UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018 from the below section of this page.
Highlights of this page:
|Age Limitation||Age Relaxation|
|Physical Standards||Important Note|
There are number of aspirants who wanted to grab well reputed jobs under government department, and appearing for Geologist and Geo-scientist exam is a great opportunity for them. It is very important for the aspirant to ensure the their eligibility as candidates should not miss this chance, so aspirants are required to read thoroughly all the essential information about UPSC Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria. Candidates just need to scroll down the page to fetch significant details which is well asserted by the hardworking and dedicated team members of wwwrecruitmentinboxx.com
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Get here Complete: UPSC Geologist Exam Notification
- The candidate should have one of the following qualifications:
- Candidates who want to apply for the UPSC Geologist Examination should hold Master’s degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Marine Geology/Mineral Exploration from recognized university/institute incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India
- Aspirant must possess with the Diploma of Associate ship in applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- It is foremost important for the candidates to meet with the age requirements already set by the authorities.
- According to which the minimum age of the candidates is 21 years and the maximum age should be 32 years.
- There will be upper age relaxation given to the contenders in specific cases, for detailed info in this concern candidates are required to go though the below furnished details.
Get Preparation Links:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given maximum 5 years of age relaxation.
- Those contenders who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC), they will be given age relaxation of 3 Years.
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989 they will be benefitted with additional age relaxation of 5 years.
- 3 years of age relaxation is given to the candidates who are Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof).
- In case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs, they will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
- In the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons, they will be benefitted with maximum 10 years of age relaxation.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the Examination, 2017 as per Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, 2017 in Gazette of India dated 8th February, 2017.
Read on: UPSC Challan Form
We have provided here all the possible information about UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidates who want to know more about this are required to visit the official website of UPSC. And if you have any query related to this post then you are free to ask us in the below given comment box.
Aspirants are advised top regularly visit our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for updates information in this concern. You can also follow us on Facebook, Google or Twitter to get latest information on your timeline or you can also subscribe to our free mail services to get updates about UPSC Notification directly into your mailbox.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Geologist Admit Card||UPSC Geologist Result|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Interview Questions and Answers|