UPSC Geologist Exam
Union Public Service Commission has all set to Begins the UPSC Geologist Exam from 29th June 2018. So, check now your updated UPSC Geologist Exam Time Table from this single page.
Applicants, who’ve submitted UPSC Geologist application form and going to appear in UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist exam, they can start their preparation through latest UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 Schedule.
Latest Update On 27-04-2018
Union Public Service Commission has released UPSC Geologist Exam Date Sheet for those, who’ve applied for UPSC Geologist Exam 2018. Combined Geo-Scientist And Geologist Examination-2018 will commence from 29-06-2018 and ends on 01-07-2018.
So, start your preparation from now according to UPSC Geologist Exam Date 2018 as there is not too much time remaining in exam date. Through below provided link, you can easily download UPSC Geologist Exam 2018-19 Date Sheet PDF.
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018:
Candidates applying for UPSC 2018 Geologist Exam should qualify the written exam which is followed by the personal Interview to appoint on the vacant positions.
To know the other details about the UPSC Geologist Exam 2018-19, read this page which is created by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
UPSC Geologist Exam
|Post Name||Number of Vacancies|
|Junior Hydro Geologist||23|
Willing job seekers should be either:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC Geologist Eligibility:
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’:
Candidates should have a Masters Degree in Geological Science / Geology / Geo-Exploration / Mineral Exploration / Engineering Geology / Marine Geology / Earth Science and Resource management / Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies / Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration / Geochemistry / Geological Technology from
- For Geophysicists:
Candidates should possess M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Integrated Exploration Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Tech. or Applied Geophysics with good academic records.
- For Chemists:
Applicants are required to possess M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from recognized institution.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist-B):
Candidates should have Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or marine Geology from reputed institute.
Must Check: UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
Limitation of Age as on 1/01/1996:
- For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’):
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year
- For Jr. Hydro Geologist (Scientist B) (Group ‘A’):
Age limit of the applicants should be in between 21 years to 35 years as on 1st January 2017.
Age Relaxation Details:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Scheduled Caste /|
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Domiciled Candidates in|
the State of Jammu & Kashmir
|Defence Services Personnel||3 years|
Application Fee and Mode of Payment:
- Candidates belong to General and OBC category has to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only).
- Fee should be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ state bank of Patiyala / state bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- All Female Candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes are not required to pay any fee.
Method of Selection for UPSC Geologist Recruitment:
- Enrollment of qualified candidates will be completely made on their outcome in Written Test and personal interview by the selection committee.
- No TA/ DA will be given for attending written test or personal interview. Candidates have to come for test at their own expenses.
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam Pattern:
Here below we have placed the pattern of UPSC Geologist Exam and UPSC Combined Geoscientist Exam, you must have a look and prepare for exam as according to it:
|Part I: Written Examination|
|General English Common Exam||100|
|For the post of Geologist|
|For the post of Geophysicist|
|Geophysics Paper I||200|
|Geophysics Paper II||200|
|Geophysics Paper III||200|
|For the post of Chemist|
|Chemistry Paper I||200|
|Chemistry Paper II||200|
|Chemistry Paper III||200|
|For the Post of Jr. Hydrogeologist|
|Geology Paper I||200|
|Geology Paper II||200|
|Hydrogeology Paper III||200|
|Interview /Personality Test||200|
Get Updated: UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern
UPSC Geologist Exam Centers:
The combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam is going to be conducted in following cities:
Read Out Here: UPSC Geologist Question Papers
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Syllabus:
Examination will contain questions based on Geology, Geophysics, Chemistry and Hydrogeology. Prepare all the topics that are given in the UPSC Geologist Syllabus to score good marks. Candidates may also download Geo-Scientist syllabus through the direct link that is given below.
UPSC Geologist Admit Card:
Candidates may get entry in exam hall with their UPSC Geoscientist Exam Admit Card. Your Geoscientist Hall Ticket will be made available on official portal of Union Public Service Commission before two week of exam. Please carry your identity proof along with admit card at time of exam.
Download From Here: UPSC Geologist Exam Books
Process to fill UPSC Online Application Form:
Candidates can apply for UPSC Geologist Exam by following the steps mentioned below:
- Candidates are required to visit the official site of organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- On home page of official site go to “Recruitment” section and hit the link.
- Now many notifications will be appeared in this page select the appropriate link of the advertisement
- Then read the instructions carefully before applying online for part- I and part- II registration.
- Go to the link online application.
- Now candidates can fill online application form in all manners including personal details and academic details.
- Candidates must mention valid email id and contact number in application form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature of requisite size.
- After complete all process for online application form review once at entire form
- Take print out of filled application form for future use.
UPSC Geologist Important Dates:
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Notification will available||21-03-2018|
|Closing Date for Online Application||16-04-2018|
|Date of Commencement of Exam||29-6-2018|
For more details regarding UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018-19, candidates may go through this Official Link. You can visit our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com regularly for upcoming details regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2018-19.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Geologist Result|
|Upcoming PSC Notification||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Exam List|