CLAT Eligibility Criteria
Law as a profession is in great demand! There is a rising demand for lawyers in India. Similarly, CLAT is law entrance test. To sit in it, one must know CLAT Eligibility Criteria. To be eligible for it, ensure Qualification for BA.LLB/LLM along with Age Limit.
When will CLAT Exam 2019 take place for BA.LLB/LLM?
CLAT 2019 Exam Date has been released now. This year, more than 40,000 students write law entrance test on 12th May 2019 to secure one seat in one of the participating National Law University including NLSIU Bangalore.
CLAT Exam Dates 2019:
|Application form release||13-01-2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||31-03-2019|
|Last date for printing/downloading application||2nd week of May 2019|
|Admit card release||4th week of April 2019|
|Date of examination||12-05-2019 (3:00 PM)|
|Uploading of answer key||3rd week of May 2019|
|Representation, if any, relating to exam, questions or key||3rd week of May 2019|
|Date for uploading the amended answer key (if required)||4th week of May 2019|
|Result & merit list release||Last week of May 2019|
|Release of first indicative seat allocation list||1st week of June 2019|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||1st week of June 2019|
|Release of second allotment list||3rd week of June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||3rd week of June 2019|
|Date for locking of allotted seats after exercising option for shifting or withdrawing from the admission process against the second allotment list||3rd week of June 2019|
|Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process||3rd week of June 2019|
|Publication of the third allotment list||4th week of June 2019|
|Payment of full fees by the candidates whose name appear for the first time in the third allotment list to the allotted Universities||Last week of June 2019|
|Receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU (s) in the CLAT office||1st week of July 2019|
|Closer of admission process||1st week of July 2019|
Are you eligible for 12th May 2019 CLAT Exam?
Common Law Entrance Test is foremost exam after 12th. Intermediate graduates with 45% marks can apply online from 13 January 2019. Along with this, those appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible.
Besides this, failing to meet CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 at any stage of selection procedure will lead to cancellation of candidature. Now, refer CLAT Eligibility After Graduation from this page prepared by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Get Here: CLAT Application Form
CLAT Eligibility 2019:
Listed below are the factors on which a candidate’s eligibility for Common Law Entrance Test will be judged:
- Academic Qualification
- Age Limit
CLAT BA.LLB Eligibility
CLAT Eligibility for UG Course (LL.B.):
Both national and NRI candidates may apply for admission in Five Year Integrated LLB Course offered in various National Law Universities (NLUs) across India.
CLAT Eligibility: Academic Qualification:
CLAT Qualification Eligibility states applicant must pass class 12th or equivalent examination from a well-known board.
For Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories:
A minimum of 45% marks required.
For SC/ST Category:
A minimum of 40% marks required.
Also Know Here: How to Choose Right College After 12th
CLAT Eligibility – General Criteria:
- Those appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are eligible to register for Common Law Admission Test.
- Such aspirants may submit an evidence of their successfully clearing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they will lose their right to be considered for admission.
- So, you must submit the result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) at the time of CLAT Admission Process.
CLAT Age Limit 2019:
As per the revised standards, there is no upper age limit for UG Program in CLAT 2019.
Earlier, the age criteria for the exam were:
- Unreserved/ NRIs/ NRI Sponsored category candidates below 20 years of age as on July 01, 2019.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates below 22 years of age as on July 01, 2019.
Get List Of More: LAW Entrance Exam
CLAT LLM Eligibility Criteria
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for PG Course (LL.M.):
Both national and NRI candidates may enroll for admission in the one Year LLM Course offered at various NLUs and other institutes.
CLAT Qualification Details:
- Contenders appearing for CLAT LLM Program should have secured a minimum percentage in qualifying examination (i.e. LL.B./ 5-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam).
- For Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories: a minimum of 55% marks are required.
- For SC/ ST category – a minimum of 50% marks is required.
Know More About: What To Do After Graduation?
CAT Age Criteria 2019:
- There is no upper age limit set for appearing in the examination.
- Thus, candidates of all ages are eligible to appear for the law entrance exam.
CLAT Eligibility: General Criteria:
In case of equal marks, the tie-breaking procedure is as follows:
- Higher age, the tie persists then;
- Computerized draw of lots will be taken into consideration.
CLAT Eligibility for NRI:
NRI/ NRI Sponsored category candidates are offered seats under NRI Quota. Thus, admission are not carried out by the CLAT office, but by the concerned universities independently.
Important Points To Be Noted:
Aspirants must contact the concerned university directly for admission formalities, eligibility, documents required and other related queries
Check Colleges Accepting CLAT Scores, Ranking List: Top 10 Law Colleges In India
Documents required by the NRI Candidates at the time of CLAT Admission:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card
Documents required by NRI Sponsored Candidates at the time of admission:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of student over the next 5 years
Check Expected/Previous Year Cut off Marks: CLAT Cut Off
This is all about CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 and Age Limit for BA.LLB/LLM. Besides this, you may bookmark our portal for instant updates for latest exam.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|CLAT Coaching In India||How To Crack CLAT|
|CLAT Mock Test||Best CLAT Exam Preparation Books|
|CLAT Sample Papers||CLAT Counselling|
|CLAT Syllabus||CLAT Topper|
|CLAT College Predictor||CLAT Exam Pattern|