How to Prepare For CAT 2019
How to Prepare For CAT 2019? To get the solution of this question one need to read this entire page. We have provided best CAT Preparation Tips for Beginners to crack CAT 2019 Exam Without Coaching in 6 Months.
CAT is known as Common Admission Test, managed by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on rotation basis. This exam is conducted once in every year for candidates who want to get admission to postgraduate management programmes offered by the IIMs or top B-schools of India.
How to Prepare For CAT Exam Without Coaching?
The one question that almost all the CAT candidates face at the start is “How to prepare without coaching” or “What to prepare”. To solve their problem we have maintained this article of How to prepare For CAT 2019 Exam without Coaching.
Candidates who are participating for Common Admission Test 2019 must check How to Prepare for CAT 2019 at home. Candidates, if you implement below specified tips for CAT Exam then you will surely able to qualify the exam with good marks in first attempt.
How To Prepare For CAT
CAT is one of the most prestigious and competitive management entrance exams. This examination makes way for admission in more than 100 top B-schools, including 20 IIMs for MBA candidates. Here below we have provided some CAT Preparation Tips:
CAT 2019 Exam Dates:
|CAT 2019 Registration Starts||1st Week of August, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Registration ends||2nd Week of Sept. 2019|
|CAT 2019 Admit Card Download||3rd Week of Oct. 2019|
|CAT 2019 Test Date||4th Week of Nov. 2019|
|CAT 2019 Result announcement||First week of January 2020|
How to Prepare For CAT 2019 without Coaching’s?
CAT is conducted every year for admission to 19 IIMs across the country. Furthermore, CAT score is used by more than 100 other B-Schools to shortlist students for admission to their MBA programs.
Approximately, 2.5 Lakh candidates fight it for around 4000 seats in the IIMs. So, competition is very high. Candidates is you want to prepare in better way without any coaching then check the below given simple tips.
Books Should Be The Best Source
When it is a matter of preparation for a test like CAT; books are the best source for this. You should know about the best books needed for Cat preparation. There are many books available in the market for CAT preparation, but the most recommended books are-
- Arun Sharma’s ‘How to Prepper for Competitive Ability for Cat’ – published by Tata McGraw Hill
- For Word Power Made Easy, Norman Lewis, VARC Section
- For the VARC section only, Baron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
- How to Prepare for the World Ability and Reasons for Compression for Cat of Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyaya (Tata McGraw-Hill)
- Time Publisher: Crescent verbal abilities and logical reinings for cat and other MBA exams published by Pearson
Download Here: CAT Previous Year Papers
Coaching Or Self-Study – Decide On Yourself
While coaching helps to accelerate your test skill, the basic preparation is self-study. Apart from this, whether or not coaching is required, this decision depends entirely on where you stand in the preparation.
If your basic is strong and you feel that you can prepare yourself for this big test without coaching, then you can choose the path of self-study. However, even after your preparation, it is a good idea to enroll in any MBA coaching institute for the Mock Test.
Time Management Is The Key To Success
Since, each section in CAT is time-bound, therefore proper time management becomes very important during the examination period. Candidates get 60 minutes to solve each section.
If you practice while preparing for the exam, you will get a big advantage on the exam day. You will already have a habit of resolving the questions in a timely manner. There will be three sections in the examination – VARC, DLR and QA. There will be 100 questions (both MCQ and Non MCQ) and it will have to be solved in 3 hours.
Read Here: How to Manage Time during Exams
Solve More Mock Tests
CAT is the best way to solve the mock test and to analyze your performance closely. Sample Mock Test Paper is available on either the internet or you can enroll for it at any MBA coaching institute.
Joining the Mock Test will help you understand the exact exam pattern and the questions that you will face during the real test. Rohan Joshi, who brought 99.63 percent in CAT 2017 and 99.96 percent in the MAH CET 2019, says, “The most important aspect of CAT preparation is the Mock Test.”
Refer CAT Syllabus 2019
Understand the CAT Syllabus is a useful tip for CAT Exam. First understand the syllabus by going through CAT Past Year’s Papers and official guidelines. CAT can be divided into four broad parts-
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
How To Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude For CAT?
Quantitative Aptitude is a key section to releasing a winning CAT Score and no writer does the subject justice more than Arun Sharma, whose enormous experience in his stream is reflected in every chapter of Quantitative Aptitude for CAT.
Quantitative Aptitude widely covers all topics, including Word-based Problems, Geometry, Algebra, Numbers, Average and Mixtures, Arithmetic and counting etc. in a very handy and easy manner.
- Comprehensive theory as per latest syllabus and pattern
- Topics divided into easily understandable ‘blocks’
- Plenty of short-cut techniques in problem solving
- Practice tests covering all possible types of questions
- Questions divided into three ‘LODs’ (Level of Difficulty)
- Section on training ground teaches higher-end obstacle solving in real time.
- This is a section which tells applicants correctly how to think inside the exam centre when faced with questions of unreliable difficulty level.
- Extra block-wise practice tests to make sure no probable question type is missed out.
Do You Know: How To Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude For CAT
How To Prepare For Data Interpretation For CAT?
- Data Interpretation questions form an essential part of most of competitive papers. In certain papers, it may be a separate section and for some others it could be a part of Quant or Reasoning Section.
- To master Data Interpretation Section should be thorough with Table (at least up to 20) , Squares, cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa
- Tables, bar graphs, league matches, line graphs, percentage change, and case lets and data sufficiency are a few topics on which the questions are asked in question paper.
- Some of mathematics areas which you must be good at are percentage, averages & ratio proportion.
- Most of graphs are selected from any newspaper, journal or any other written source.
- Other necessary aspect is that you need to be aware of options given.
- In certain questions, the exact to point answer is not necessary.
Must Know: How To Crack CAT Exam
How To Prepare For Logical Reasoning For CAT?
Enormous number of candidate’s was starting their CAT preparation in the first quarter of the year and all the appearing candidates are informed that it is the ideal time to start CAT preparation.
- Logical Reasoning is measured as the hardest part of CAT by many applicants. Applicants have to read the Questions and apply your logic for answering the questions.
- Give some seconds over a question and study the question carefully.
- Complete explanation of why each choice is correct or incorrect must go into your mind.
- Never suppose or use any details that the question fails to give you.
- Read both the factual passage and sentence completion instruction carefully.
- Be sure to read all response choices carefully before removing or selecting one of them.
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-.
- These can be crucial to specifying the basic facts in the paragraph.
Get Best Answer: How To Prepare For Logical Reasoning For CAT
How To Prepare For Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension For CAT 2019?
- Take some articles (selectively) from Hindu, Economic Times or Times of India on a regular basis.
- The Sunday newspaper is always the best as they provide a quick re-cap of week as well as attractive study.
- So you can give yourself extra time to read these.
- Follow individual authors, and read them online.
- Reading books for CAT is a religious activity, and treat it as one if you want to do well on the exam.
- The second part of language development rotates around improving your vocabulary skills.
- Refer to book such as ‘Word Power Made Easy’ and ‘Six weeks to words of power’. Both these books are pretty effective and are highly suggested.
Refer CAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates are advised to prepare according to the allocation of marks displayed in CAT 2019 Exam Pattern. It is to be noted that, there shall be a penalty of 1 mark for each incorrect answer to an MCQ. However, there shall be no negative marking for the subjective questions.
How To Prepare For CAT 2019 Without Coaching?
Check the below section to know about How to Prepare for CAT without Coaching: Have a look below!!!
- Entrants must have a complete preparation plan ready right from the starting.
- The plan must take into account preparing for hub subjects, taking sectional tests, concentrating on weak zones and attempting and analyzing mock tests.
- Applicants can opt to attend short-term online classes.
- Many leading MBA Coaching Institutes have special online coaching elements.
- Online courses are normally cheaper than regular full time coaching classes.
- Make sure to read the reviews of programs online before buying anything.
- Social networking sites are fast becoming the grounds of new and authentic preparation material.
- Various preparation groups are available online where questions answers are posted regularly.
- Attempting and analyzing mock tests are a crucial aspect of CAT preparation.
You Can Also Check: Top 10 CAT Coaching Institutes In India
Recommended Books For CAT Exam 2019:
There are various best books for CAT preparation. These books are easily accessible from the market as well as through online sites. However, one can also choose to study with the study material provided by some of the renowned coaching institutes like IMS / TIME / CL.
If you want to score good makes in CAT you must try books by some of the well known authors like Arun Sharma Nishit Sinha and Arihant Publications.
Must Check: CAT Exam Preparation Books
Past Year Total Number Of Candidates Registered For CAT Exam
|Year||Candidates Registered (In lacs)|
|2017||2.31 (231, 067)|
CAT 2019 Expected Cutoff for IIMs:
|IIM||Cut off in Percentile|
Get Here Complete: CAT Study Material
Common Admission Test is one of the toughest exams to crack. It is the gateway to getting into prestigious IIMs and other top B-schools of India. A lot of CAT aspirants ask how to How to Prepare For CAT Exam 2019.
Here we team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is providing the CAT Preparation Strategies and Tips which will help the candidates. If candidates have any query regarding How to Prepare For CAT 2019, then they can drop the comment in comment box which is provided below.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|CAT Mock Test||CAT 2019 Application Form|
|CAT Exam||CAT Preparation Tips|
|CAT Affiliated Colleges India||CAT Eligibility Criteria|
|CAT Admit Card||CAT Result|