IFS Exam Pattern
By the help of IFS Exam Pattern you can easily prepare yourself for the upcoming exam of UPSC Indian Forest Services. Candidates, who are participating in UPSC IFS Mains exam from 02-12-2018 to 10-12-2018, must check Paper-Wise Marking Scheme from this page.
For the ease of candidates, we have provided UPSC Indian Forest Services Paper Pattern on this page. Well, to grab more information regarding Union Public Service Commission IFS Exam Pattern 2018, candidates may scroll down this page.
UPSC IFS Subject-Wise Paper Scheme
IFS Examination is conducted in two parts such as Civil Services Prelims Exam and Indian Forest Service Main Exam. Here we have given complete information regarding UPSC IFS Exam Paper Pattern for both the exams which will surely help the aspirants to understand your questionnaires related to the syllabus of it.
For detailed information about IFS Prelims Exam Pattern / IFS Mains Exam, UPSC IFS Paper Scheme and interview procedure, candidates need to scroll down the page which is well designed by the team unit of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IFS Exam Pattern
Below we have presented the detailed structure of UPSC IFS Prelims Exam Pattern / UPSC IFS Mains Exam Pattern; candidates who are going to appear in the examination can take the benefit from the furnished details. Through the given IFS exam scheme candidates can make their schedule in advance and prepare well for the exam.
This exam is considered to be highly competitive examination which is not easy to qualify so those who want to qualify it in first attempt must follow a planned schedule. Candidates are suggested to make a proper time table to be followed while preparing for the exam, in this concern aspirants are suggested to go through the below furnished details.
Pattern of Indian Forest Service Exam:
Preliminary examination of Indian Forest Service will be combined with Civil Services. Examination will be held in two stages as following below:
Stage I- Civil Services Preliminary Examination
Stage II- Indian Forest Service Main Examination
Also Download Here: UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers
Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern 2018:
- Preliminary Examination will contain Paper I and Paper II that are General Studies and Aptitude test.
- Both Examinations will contain objective type questions of total 200 marks.
- Exam will be in two languages that are Hindi and English and the knowledge of candidate related to General Studies and Aptitude will be tested.
- Candidates will be given 4 alternatives and applier have to choose one correct answer.
- Candidates will be given 2 hours for solving each question paper. Blind candidates will be given some extra time of twenty minutes to solve the exam.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer as the 1/3 marks of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted from marks obtained by the applier.
- In any circumstances, no appliers can get the help of scribe for writing the answers. Only blind candidates can take help of the other person for writing the answer.
|Paper I||General Studies||200 Marks||2 hours|
|Paper II||Aptitude test||200 Marks||2 hours|
Get Complete Details On: IFS Syllabus
Indian Forest Service Main Exam Pattern 2018
- According to the UPSC IFS Exam Pattern/ Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern, Indian Forest Service exam comprises of six papers; General English, General Knowledge and two optional subjects each comprising two papers.
- Paper I & Paper II will contain 300 marks and other papers will contain 200 marks, so the total marks are 1400.
- For Papers III, IV, V & VI, candidates have to choose have to choose the two Optional Subjects as given in the below stated list. However candidates can’t choose some combinations as following below.
|Paper I||General English||300 marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300 marks|
|Paper III||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 1)||200 marks|
|Paper IV||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 2)||200 marks|
|Paper V||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 1)||200 marks|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 2)||200 marks|
Check Here: Indian Forest Service Exam Books
List of Optional Subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Check Out: IFS Coaching Centers In India
Following combination of subjects are not allowed
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject
Indian Forest Services Exam 2018:
Selected candidates under UPSC Preliminary Examination will be called for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2018 on 02-12-2018 (SUNDAY). Shortlisted candidates through Mains then will be called for further selection round that is personal Interview.
The maximum marks for interview will be 300 marks. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who have a record of the interviewee career in advance. The object of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the Service. The intelligence of appliers will be tested through this test. So candidates should reply to the employer with patience and intelligence.
Read Out: UPSC Interview Questions and Answers
The Board will pay special consideration to measuring the following qualities in a candidate:
- Alertness of Mind
- Capacity for Leadership
- Ability for Social Cohesion
- Mental and Physical Energy
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Critical Powers of Observation and Assimilation
- Balance of Judgment
- Powers of Practical Application
- Integrity of Character
- Topographical Sense
- Love for Outdoor Life
- Desire to explore unknown and out of way places
Get Here Complete: UPSC Study Material
UPSC IFS Mains Exam dates: 02-12-2018 to 10-12-2018
We, the team of www.recruitementinboxx.in hope that the IFS Exam Pattern 2018- 2019 mentioned above will definitely help you to know the actual IFS Paper Scheme, IFS Prelims / Mains Exam Pattern. For more careers related information and updates keep visiting our web portal.
You May Like to Read This Section
|UPSC IFS Result||UPSC Exam List|
|Latest PSC Notification||IFS Admit Card|
|UPSC Calendar||IFS Officer Salary Structure|
|IFS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Cut Off|