NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019
UPSC will release NDA & NA 1 Notification on 09-01-2019. To apply for NDA & NA 1 Exam 2019, you must fulfill NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019. Further, NDA & NA 1 Eligibility includes nationality, Education qualification (Percentage), physical standard & age norms.
NDA & NA 1 Exam Dates Released!
NDA is a national level entrance exam conducted two times in one year. This Year, NDA & NA 1 Exam 2019 are scheduled on 21-04-2019 after closing of registration procedure latest by 04-02-2019. Also, it acts as a gateway for entry into Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.
NDA & NA 1 Exam Dates 2019:
|Events||NDA Exam Dates 2019|
|NDA & NA 1 Notification Release||09-01-2019|
|Closing date to submit NDA & NA 1|
|NDA & NA 1 Exam||21-04-2019|
Are you eligible for NDA & NA 1 Exam 2019?
Union Public Service Commission has prescribed NDA & NA 1 Eligibility Criteria. Further, eligibility criteria of NDA (1) states, age of applicant must reside between 16.5 and 19.5 years & applicant appeared or appearing in class 12 (10+2) examination.
To know detailed NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019, go through this page designed by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
NDA Eligibility Criteria
NDA & NA 1 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be either be a citizen of India , or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came back to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible
- Girls are not allowed to appear for NDA exam.
Check Here Detailed Info About: Upcoming NDA Notifications
NDA Eligibility Qualification 2019:
NDA Eligibility For Army, Air Force and Navy is described below.
For Army wing of National Defence Academy:
Candidates must have the Class 12 pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University as per NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
To apply for NDA & NA 1 Exam 2019, applicant should have done 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Check Out More Latest: 12th Class Pass Jobs
Important Note to check Concerning NDA Eligibility for NA 1 2019:
- Those appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination are also eligible.
- Such aspirants who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self-attested Photocopies.
- Those appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Contenders who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Exam 2019 should note that this is only a special concession allotted.
- Those debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible.
- Those aspirants who have failed INSB/PABT earlier may not apply.
NDA Age Limit 2019:
NDA NA I Age Limit:
- The age range for NDA 1 2019 is from 2nd July 2000 to 2nd July 2003. The actual date of birth mentioned in your matriculation certificate will be taken as final.
- No other certificate or affidavit will be accepted as prescribed in NDA Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidates must be unmarried and only male candidates are eligible for it as per NDA Age Eligibility.
NDA Age Limit 2019:
- Minimum Age: 16.5 years
- Maximum Age: 19.5 years
Must Read About: Career for Women in Defence Services
NDA Exam Eligibility 2019
Physical Eligibility for NDA:
Applicants, who have qualified the UPSC NDA Exam need to go through the UPSC Medical Exam for taking admission in National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2019. You have to clear the following UPSC Physical test:
NDA Physical Eligibility 2019:
|Wax (Ears)||Deviated Nasal Septum|
|Overweight/Underweight||Under sized Chest|
The given below NDA exam eligibility criteria are required for the candidates who are applying for air force wing of the National Defence Academy:
|Special OR Specific Requirements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm 96.00cm|
Quick Links To Prepare For NDA:
Height/weight standard for Army/Air Force:
- The minimum height measurement is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force) as per NDA Eligibility Criteria.
- For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum heights will be 5 cms. less.
- In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum height can be reduced by 2 cm.
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight for Navy:
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Physical Standards of IAF:
|Category||Minimum & Maximum|
|Leg Length||99 cms &120 cms|
|Thigh Length||Maximum: 65 cms|
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms & 96 cms|
Eyesight Criteria for Navy:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
Eyesight criteria for Air Force:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Dph|
|Color Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Read Below Related Links For UPSC NDA NA Exam:
NDA Exam Eligibility
Tattoos on inner face of forearm and candidates belongs to that tribes in which tattoo marks on any body part is in their traditions and customs will only be accepted by the Comdt Selection Centre. Tattoos on any other body part will not be accepted such as on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
Any past injury or medical history of diseases of spine or sacroiliac joints/history of spinal fracture/prolapsed inter vertebral disc and surgical treatment is a main cause for rejection in NDA. If any condition detected at the time of medical exam, then candidate will get disqualified for Air Force:
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Arthritidies/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders/ Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease/ Non articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae
- Scheuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with demon strable neurological or circulatory deficit
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method
- Degenerative Disc. Disease
- Presence of schmorl’s nodes at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
- Mild Kyphosis or Lordosis where deformity is barely noticeable and there is no pain or restriction of movement will not preclude acceptance.
Read More About: Physical Tests for Indian Armed Forces
NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria (X-Ray Examination):
Candidate found with any of the following diseases during X-RAY Examination will get disqualified:
- Granulomatius disease of spine.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degree for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
Maddox Rod Test:
Following are the details regarding Maddox test under NDA Eligibility Criteria:
- At 6 meters Exo-6 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypro-1 prism D
- At 33 cms Exo-16 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1 prism D
- Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be not eligible.
- Candidates must follow these Physical Conditions to be physically fit:
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
- Chin ups (minimum 08)
- Rope climbing 3-4 metres
NDA Selection Procedure (NDA Recruitment Eligibility):
UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages which is mention below:
1st Step: NDA Written Exam
- Firstly, organization conducts written examination for the selection of NDA.
- After conducting the written examination, qualified candidates are eligible to appear for next stages.
2nd Step: SSB Interview
- Qualified candidates will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test conducted by SSB (Services Selection Board).
- Selection procedure will be based on two stages 1st is Psychological Aptitude Test and 2nd is Intelligence Test which will be organized at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- After qualifying both stages, applicants need to submit original certificates along with one photocopy each of original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent.
Check Here: NDA Interview Questions And Answers
To grab more information regarding NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019, candidate must visit the Official Link provided here. Aspirants are suggested to stay tuned with this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest updates regarding Eligibility for NDA Exam 2019.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|NDA Officer Salary||NDA Admit Card|
|UPSC Notification||NDA Exam|
|NDA Coaching Centers||NDA Application Form|
|NDA Exam Centers||NDA Exam Preparation Books|